Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie RPGs should have simplified item systems

• Thread starter Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal
  • Start date

Zanzoken

Arcane
Nobody wants to walk around wearing a golden chestplate, red wizards skirt, barbarian foot wraps, Edward's scizzor-hands, Mexican sombrero, and a ragged cloak.

Actually this is one of the best things about armor.

Although I do wish from an art standpoint they would make it so that tonally everything could look good alongside everything else. For instance a medium armored character might want to just go with a breastplate and leather wraps on their limbs, but often because one is part of the "iron set" and one is part of the "leather set" it will look off.

Nobody wants to walk around wearing a golden chestplate, red wizards skirt, barbarian foot wraps, Edward's scizzor-hands, Mexican sombrero, and a ragged cloak. Not only do you look like a retard[...]

hienoushelm.jpg

Barking up the wrong tree. Quality and taste of the art assets (and thus the audience they're targeting) has a much bigger impact on aesthetics than piecemeal vs full body armor ever will to begin with. Being able to mix different armor parts is a choice and relatively cheap to provide.

As for The Witcher comment, well earned tag.

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I think rpgs have already been oversimplified in our recent era. Both in terms of comlexity of systems and difficulty. Perhaps we should not go any further in this direction?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Which is why all armor should always be one piece

onepiece.jpeg

Yes, making your character look awesome is an important part of playing an RPG.
I wonder if the guy's cock is big enough to please me.

Fixed. You should be more honest and straightforward Liberal, it's 2k18 and no one here judges you faggot.

As for the points you make in the OP:
  • Armors - Hell no;
  • Weapons - :bro:
  • the rest - No. Items/buffs/debuffs are things that need to be meticulously designed with consideration of aspects like skills, stats, enemies, other items and AI. Any other approach to this situation without careful attention is very likely to end in disaster.
I'm actually curious Libe

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Specifically, armor should always be one item, rather than four/five/twenty. Not only does it remove the tedium of juggling different armor pieces, but it also makes sense from a both gameplay and graphics perspective. Nobody wants to walk around wearing a golden chestplate, red wizards skirt, barbarian foot wraps, Edward's scizzor-hands, Mexican sombrero, and a ragged cloak. Not only do you look like a retard, but you also miss out on those sweet set bonuses.

Yes I want to run around like that, shut up with your decline, give me 20+ armor slots or GTFO

Reinhardt

Arcane
Why it's in rpg subforum? Move it to general games to other akshun shit gaems where you equip single character with one piece of armor.

Wysardry

Augur
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The cosmetic outfits feature of LotRO would solve your first problem, as you can make your character appear to be wearing any outfit regardless of what you are actually using.

I don't really see the point in single player games though.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Specifically, armor should always be one item, rather than four/five/twenty. Not only does it remove the tedium of juggling different armor pieces, but it also makes sense from a both gameplay and graphics perspective. Nobody wants to walk around wearing a golden chestplate, red wizards skirt, barbarian foot wraps, Edward's scizzor-hands, Mexican sombrero, and a ragged cloak. Not only do you look like a retard, but you also miss out on those sweet set bonuses.

Yes I want to run around like that, shut up with your decline, give me 20+ armor slots or GTFO
There's something very satisfying about being a wildly unbalanced character, like having one metal arm in IVAN that hits like a truck while your other arm is super agile and blocks everything.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Which is why all armor should always be one piece

Yes, making your character look awesome is an important part of playing an RPG.
I wonder if the guy's cock is big enough to please me.

Fixed. You should be more honest and straightforward Liberal, it's 2k18 and no one here judges you faggot.

As for the points you make in the OP:
  • Armors - Hell no;
  • Weapons - :bro:
  • the rest - No. Items/buffs/debuffs are things that need to be meticulously designed with consideration of aspects like skills, stats, enemies, other items and AI. Any other approach to this situation without careful attention is very likely to end in disaster.
I'm actually curious Libe
:abyssgazer:

Who pressed the send button, your killer?

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

You have a shit taste in games and this thread proves it.
It's pretty clear that those who wants to walk around like dumpster clowns and play dress-up are the ones with shit tastes in RPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom