Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epic Mech game.

User was nabbed fit

An Xbox 1 game that was only released in Japan. Damn. Hmmm, I do have a 360... but searching shows that the game isn't backwards compatible.

Topher

Cipher
They released a US demo, the game was lots of fun. Shame it never got a release here.

Is it actually all in English, and subtitled in Japanese? I almost want to try this for sheer ridiculousness factor....and because mech games are pretty fun. How would I go about doing this? Because I like the idea of a Bill Pullman-alike President and a Solid Snake-alike Vice President fighting each other in mechs. Plus, cheesy, horrible voice acting rocks.

Shoelip

Arbiter
"It's pointless Mister President!"

"Nothing is pointless! And the reason is! Because I'm the president of the great United States, of America!"

Hitches ride on space shuttle.

"Yaaaaaaaah!!!"

"Mister President!"

"Jodie! I'm gonna step on in to outer space!"

Brilliant... Absolutly brilliant.

User was nabbed fit

Edward_R_Murrow said:
Is it actually all in English, and subtitled in Japanese? I almost want to try this for sheer ridiculousness factor....and because mech games are pretty fun. How would I go about doing this? Because I like the idea of a Bill Pullman-alike President and a Solid Snake-alike Vice President fighting each other in mechs. Plus, cheesy, horrible voice acting rocks.

Import the Japanese Xbox (original Xbox) + the game.

Magic 8-Ball says: try eBay.

TheLostOne

Savant

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
By that you mean ZOE: 2nd Runner, the first game was so-so.

Jormungandr

Liturgist
Speaking of epic mech games, has anyone actually played Steel Battalion? Xbox 1 and it's the one that comes with this as the controller:
03-05_SteelBattalionController.jpg

And one heck of a HUD:
steel_battalion1b.jpg

Needless to say, it certainly LOOKS impressive and it seems to treat the gamepay very realistically, and it'd be neat to play just to use $200 of controller (really puts you in the cockpit). Anyone know how it really plays?

Shoelip

Arbiter
Man, I really wish I had. One of the few reasons I'd want an X-Box.

Zomg

Arbiter
I've played it, a few hours trading off with a buddy. It's kind of disappointing. The game itself is pretty simple - way, way less complicated than KOEI mech games, for example, aside from the controller - and the mechs are slow walking tanks. It would probably be about as interesting if you hooked up the same controls to Mechwarrior 2. The narrow view is a real shitter, but I guess they didn't want the immersion break of a thumb nubbin to let you look around an open cockpit or something similar.

Zomg

Arbiter
Er, I was thinking of From Software, slip of the fingers.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Shoelip said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
Shoelip said:
Found this in a thread on the Bay12 forums. Metal Wolf Chaos. Must watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Genl242_ZU8
Very interesting, but if you want to play the BEST Mecha Game in existence it should be this one for PS2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCmVHuHCG_o

But it doesn't have the President of the great United States of America....
You are right, but still ZOE has the most... ummm... "daring" Mech design (if you get what I mean)

1178834660791gw6.jpg

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
One more thing, I found this:
http://www.torrentreactor.net/torrents/64575/Xbox-RLT-Metal-Wolf-Chaos

Is it possible to play it with somekind of a Xbox Emulator?

ViolentOpposition said:
An Xbox 1 game that was only released in Japan. Damn. Hmmm, I do have a 360... but searching shows that the game isn't backwards compatible.
So what the fuck does this mean?
Data Premiery (release date):
Europa (PAL): 2006
Polska: obecnie brak planów wydania
USA (NTSC): 2006

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Holy fucking shit! The President of the great United States of America saving the world with a giant mech! THAT is lunatic creativity at work...

Japan only release pisses me off ass much as the Japan only release of Armored Core 4 Answer...

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
WhiskeyWolf said:
One more thing, I found this:
http://www.torrentreactor.net/torrents/64575/Xbox-RLT-Metal-Wolf-Chaos

Is it possible to play it with somekind of a Xbox Emulator?

ViolentOpposition said:
So what the fuck does this mean?
Data Premiery (release date):
Europa (PAL): 2006
Polska: obecnie brak planów wydania
USA (NTSC): 2006

Metal Wolf Chaos is a third-person shooter video game for the Microsoft Xbox that was released only in Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Wolf_Chaos

flabbyjack

Arcane
The only thing near these I've tried is Armored Core, but Mechwarrior 4 still blows 'em out of the water. Anything(other than StarSiege) similar to Mechwarrior/Battletech?

ecliptic

Liturgist
A lot of it's in English, I play it on my modded x-box. The in-between menus for reasearch and stuff are tough to navigate, but other than that it's not too bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom