Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Xenonauts 2 now on Kickstarter

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'd rather have them build on that myself, but saying that 'zomg betrayal dumbed down where's muh elevator next to hangars' is preposterous.

What's up, nuRetard!
Because you trashed Pillars 1 with your review you thought to yourself that's time to compensate by eating shit in the obnoxious apologism division?

yeah that's me

wanna hook up, it takes two retards to tango

ArchAngel

Arcane
I have to say that what I have seen so far have not made me open my wallet.
I played Xeno 1 and after that Open Xcom and Open Xcom is still a better game in almost all aspects (only air combat can be argued to be better in Xeno 1 if you enjoy rtwp air combat :D)

And from what I have read about Xeno 2, Geoscape part is trying to badly copy nuXcom and tactical combat has better graphics and only a few new features that Open Xcom had since 1994 (breaching UFO by making your own entrance).
If you are going to be making a game so similar to UFO 1994 I expect improvements and evolutions in multiple places, not a worse version or same but with a bit different graphics.

Give me a reason to play your game over Open Xcom.
Even nuXcom had that reason since the game played so differently, it was fun at least as a novelty.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'd rather have them build on that myself, but saying that 'zomg betrayal dumbed down where's muh elevator next to hangars' is preposterous.

What's up, nuRetard!
Because you trashed Pillars 1 with your review you thought to yourself that's time to compensate by eating shit in the obnoxious apologism division?

yeah that's me

No thanks!
Even I have standards.

And instead searching for twerking partners, cut to the chase and learn to suck some "developer" cock, J_C 's more precisely.
For that, your fanboism for Xenonauts 2 will reach tremendous heights!

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
With X1 being the only good UFO remake since MicroProse I backed it in an instant, although I'm absolutely baffled as to why did they choose to represent base building so much in vein of trash like SimsXCom.

They promise to make it somewhat engaging:

"The simulation of your base is deeper than the first game - not only are you juggling living space and working space for your staff, but power capacity, storage space, food consumption and much more. Fresh supplies and new staff are flown to ATLAS by your helicopter, but this prevents it from deploying combat troops - so time your supply runs carefully!"

But it sounds a bit forced, so I guess it's wait and see if it becomes something entertaining like crew management in UBOOT, or a retarded tedium like Fallout Shelter.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

What's up, nuRetard!

yeah that's me

No thanks!
Even I have standards.

And instead searching for twerking partners, cut to the chase and learn to suck some "developer" cock, J_C 's more precisely.
Great move pulling me into this retard, although I have no idea why.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

What's up, nuRetard!

yeah that's me

No thanks!
Even I have standards.

wow rude

ArchAngel

Arcane
With X1 being the only good UFO remake since MicroProse I backed it in an instant, although I'm absolutely baffled as to why did they choose to represent base building so much in vein of trash like SimsXCom.

They promise to make it somewhat engaging:

"The simulation of your base is deeper than the first game - not only are you juggling living space and working space for your staff, but power capacity, storage space, food consumption and much more. Fresh supplies and new staff are flown to ATLAS by your helicopter, but this prevents it from deploying combat troops - so time your supply runs carefully!"

But it sounds a bit forced, so I guess it's wait and see if it becomes something entertaining like crew management in UBOOT, or a retarded tedium like Fallout Shelter.
The downside and a massive one is no base defense... so no amount of "more" complex base building can make that up.

As for the campaign itself, it is going extremely well. I wish them best of luck, and I hope the game turns out better than I think it will.

Already hit the second stretch goal. According to the update on the KS page, it looks like the first stretch goal will be modular weapons (which was my favorite so that's cool). It looks like the second stretch goal is much closer - right now it's Geoscape events, but the Mars platform is also an option. Personally I think I voted for either Reaper Lairs or Locational Injuries, but either is fine.

Seems like it will easily hit 3 of the stretch goals - I wonder if the funding will slow down soon though before it hits the fourth (which is a 50k pound jump from the third goal).

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can't understand why people don't vote extended modding as the first and priority stretch goal.

extended modding would mean that almost every goal not achieved on the kickstarter would be later implemented by the community.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

What's up, nuRetard!

yeah that's me

No thanks!
Even I have standards.

Great move pulling me into this retard, although I have no idea why.

Because you're the epitome of deficiency.

Taurist

Scholar
Honestly bizzare to me that the kickstarter is so small. I always thought that Xenonauts was an indie darling.
I hope the art is a little better in this one. There was something faintly unsettling about it in the first one. Everything was so clean, and the full size characters looked kind of like some of those patron funded sex games, or those elsagate things. I don't really know enough about art to say exactly what it was.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
9fab5549e9de772097488c3d94541582_original.png

In the original xcom/TFTD, even you constructed 3 sub pens that took 4 slots each in a base, you would still had more remaining space slots than in that picture.

Also kudos for having the command centre moronically placed way up top to be destroyed even by the weakest bunker buster.
But this is nitpicking, right? :)

ArchAngel

Arcane

In the original xcom/TFTD, even you constructed 3 sub pens that took 4 slots each in a base, you would still had more remaining space slots than in that picture.

Also kudos for having the command centre moronically placed way up top to be destroyed even by the weakest bunker buster.
But this is nitpicking, right? :)
Well this was designed by the americans from 60s, no bunker busters existed at that time :D

CRD

Cipher
Patron
After seeing the vote of stretch goals, I truly think they fucked up the poll with 1 highest rated at the left, 8 lowest, because I refuse to believe people prefer to put as first priority modular weapons and modding tools as the last shit to do. It just doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

tindrli

Arcane
those stretch goals :troll:

• £50,000 - Stretch Goal Choice #1 (unlocked by hitting our funding goal!)
  • £75,000 - Stretch Goal Choice #2
  • £100,000 - Stretch Goal Choice #3
  • £150,000 - Stretch Goal Choice #4
  • £200,000 - Stretch Goal Choice #5
  • £250,000 - Stretch Goal Choice #6

Van-d-all

Erudite
After seeing the vote of stretch goals, I truly think they fucked up with 1 highest rated, 8 lowest, because I refuse to believe people prefer to put as first priority modular weapons and modding tools as the last shit to do. It just doesn't make sense.
Well, given there were 8 stretch goals in total, I'm glad they got included at all. I think they should get up to those $250k, given X1 had more content already than Wastland 2 and Shadowruns that scored well above $1mil each... But then again...

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Well, given there were 8 stretch goals in total, I'm glad they got included at all. I think they should get up to those $250k, given X1 had more content already than Wastland 2 and Shadowruns that scored well above $1mil each... But then again...

Don't know, Phoenix point was bigger in scope, Gollop backing the project and they only got 350K from backers funds

Van-d-all

Erudite
Don't know, Phoenix point was bigger in scope, Gollop backing the project and they only got 350K from backers funds
PP got $750k, was on Fig, and quite frankly looked like utterly uninteresting SimsXCom clone with dull, dark art direction to me, Gollop or not. X1/2 go for the raw X-Com 1 feel, and I think many people appreciate that, just like 4Xfags do MOO2, and adds a cold war vibe, which is probably also scoring some points among the older audience. But, yeah, the pop-star mentality nowadays makes everything revolve around grand bait names...

Last edited:

CRD

Cipher
Patron
PP got $750k, was on Fig, and quite frankly looked like utterly uninteresting SimsXCom clone with dull, dark art direction to me, Gollop or not. X1/2 go for the raw X-Com 1 feel, and I think many people appreciate that, just like 4Xfags do MOO2, and adds a cold war vibe, which is probably also scoring some points among the older audience. But, yeah, the pop-star mentality nowadays makes everything revolve around grand bait names...

750K usd, but here we are talking of gbp, so it's less.

And of those 750K, half of them was from investors not backers, and KC don't allow people to invest. That's why I said that only got 350K (gbp) funds from backers.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If PP did its funding campaign on KS they would got more money from backers but probably less overall. Lots of people still don't know about Fig or don't want to use it.

puppyonastik

Augur
What happened to that other game they were developing? About interplanetary combat troops or something?
That's Pavonis Interactive. The mod team that made the Long War mods for the Fraxis XCOMs. http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/

Edit: Speaking of Long War, if you enjoy Xenonauts and would like a Long War-ish/Expansion treatment I highly recommended installing the community edition (https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com...-xenonauts-community-edition-how-do-i-get-it/) and the X-division mod (https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13414-165xce-v0343-x-division-099-beta/).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom