Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

Dexter

Arcane
Honestly, if he successfully adds actually working CoOp those numbers might skyrocket again. Doing mundane shit can be fun if you're doing them with 3-4 buddies e.g. see Terraria or Don't Starve Together or similar.

Latelistener

Arcane
There is a reason why Terraria has 30k players and Starbound has only 5k.
Doing mundane shit with buddies might not be enough.

Curratum

Damn, I actually lost a bet. I bet a fiver than Sean will never show his face in front of a camera again.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
What's just happening here is Sony throwing away money so they can claim they have a good conduct ; they are not expecting any profit or anything on NMS again, but every news about the game being patched and improved is good publicity for them.

Tytus

Arcane
What's just happening here is Sony throwing away money so they can claim they have a good conduct ; they are not expecting any profit or anything on NMS again, but every news about the game being patched and improved is good publicity for them.

So they are not "throwing away" money. They are buying good PR. That's a little different.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
They took an shovelware team from England and made millions when this crap took on a life of its own. So they should give some of it back and make a decent game just for the heck of it.

Otherwise we all had so many good laughs and did not buy this nonsense, so who cares. We were able to take part in a meme from its very conception.

Curratum

I am ashamed to admit it but I bought in. I didn't believe all the bullshit, I was just expecting an ambient, idle game with shit combat, shit "factions" and shit pretty much everthing.

All I literally ever wanted from this hideous abortion was just to fly around and look at some cool, alien planets and they failed to deliver even that as the proc gen is dull, samey and the handmade assets are far too few and repetition starts to show just a dozen planets in.

gaussgunner

Arcane
What is this thing, a procedural prosperizer?

Didn't anyone say it should be called No One's Sky or No Woman's Sky? oh... yeah.

This shit's 5 years old and people are still butthurt about it? nice.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
At this point no one knows what this is, but we will see with next big update within a month

this is how it went in my opinion: they were selling smoke, sony ate it bait, hook and sink, after the transaction was done it was too late.
-what are we going to do now? we have nothing.
-we have everything we need already: hype, it's enough to sell. we can't build a game, we will build marketing instead.

Why would Sony be less than thrilled? They made a very small investment and sold a gazillion copies; it’s not as though they bought the studio, and Sean is the one who has taken a massive hit to his reputation. No one blames Sony.

gaussgunner

Arcane
AFAIK the CEO of Sony was mad at their delays and missteps before release. I assume he ate his words after the release. They proved once again that hype+butthurt = massive sales, and most consumers are idiots.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
r81dzkwkj7711.png

ADL

Prophet
Don't think this has been posted but the work of the modding community is downright impressive. The mods have turned the procedural generation into something I actually enjoy exploring and the official updates have made it a pretty solid survival experience with base building mechanics. I'm not particularly into that sort of thing but if I were, I'd imagine it's worth the asking price.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom