Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Best Video Game

• Thread starter Farewell into the night
  • Start date

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
pressf.jpg

:hero:

Deleted member 7219

TIE Fighter Collector’s CD-ROM 1995, commonly known as a TIE Fighter CD, get it from gog.com and download it from the extras otherwise you’ll be playing the hateful 98 version.

Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers 2: An out of left field choice, but an excellent game that really uses the scale very well and has plenty of challenge, creativity and fun. A perfect example of why I love Capcom.

Damn, oh how I've loved ths geam back in days of pirated Famiclone cartridges. Not best one ever but easily in top 10 of platforming games. Plus it has almost SNES graphics.

I just do not agree on challenge part, it's pretty easy and a little bit harder after hunted house level. Only easier NES platformer of the ones I played is Power Rangers 2.

I considered Super Mario Brothers 2, but decided to discount due to the whole thing being a dream, which was fucking retarded.

Mario had nightmares after playing Doki Doki Panic.

Trashos

Arcane
- Great strategic gameplay, huge amount of options, immensely satisfying learning curve
- Very challenging on higher difficulties
- Concerned with one of the most important things for humanity
- Infinite replayability
- Antagonists with distinct and memorable personalities

One of the very few games I 'd rate as a 9.5/10. My GoaT is
Civ4

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Super Smash Bros 64 is also great. The best Smash and always a fun party game, plus competitive scene is lit.

Sorry to break it to you man, but Melee is clearly the best one.

Anyway. Picking one game has the best of one made so far is a difficult task has that game needs to excellent in every regard. That said I believe the right choice is hand-down Deus Ex.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
*shrug* I played 64 for years before melee, and my love for 64 led me to it; so I'm very biased. Competitive scene in melee is better than 64's, but there is something about the classic Smash 64 that just makes it special.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
*shrug* I played 64 for years before melee, and my love for 64 led me to it; so I'm very biased. Competitive scene in melee is better than 64's, but there is something about the classic Smash 64 that just makes it special.

The first Smash game I played was also 64 in Project64. Some months after starting it, I bought my GameCube and downloaded Melee.
I would say that what makes 64 more appealing to you is the nostalgia, however since 64 also has very few characters (only 10 I think) they are much more balanced in terms of power. It was in Melee characters started to become more "meta" - for example in Melee Link is a very Low Ranking character because of his slow speed (almost as slow as Bowser for fuck's sake) but Fox and Marth are very OP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom