Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

sser

Arcane
Developer
So is there a wolfmother (whatever the novel was?) connection

Wolfmother was a prequel novella.

It is heavily implied that the kid - whose name keeps going unnamed - is the captain in BB. At the end of BB another man takes command and he's known as a 'brash' leader who often goes into situations headfirst. His first order is to go seeking a certain brigand in the nearby areas.

I'm considering expanding the pre-BB universe through novellas or novels, particularly on the events concerning the Battle of Many Names which was an apocalyptic event for the setting.

vota DC

Augur
Game will be 100% moddable.
Why? Because they will introduce beasts.

Beast-->Polar Bear-->Knut-->You can edit CNUT files now

Barbarian

Arcane
Everything sounds pretty good to me. A few days ago the game was abandoned and now we are getting a free patch and a full expansion.

sser any idea how much will be added in terms of expanding the late game crisis and adding more "objectives" so to speak? New enemies/variety will improve the game a lot sure, but endgame is one of the things really needing improvement.

Zanzoken

Arcane
The beast hunting sounds cool but I wonder if it will really be the worth the risk. Given the length of time it takes to develop a quality bro, do you really want to risk them against a Yeti? It could be new exercise of the 3-skull contract problem.

I'm glad we're getting new content though. Will be a D1P for me unless the price is outrageous.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
The beast hunting sounds cool but I wonder if it will really be the worth the risk. Given the length of time it takes to develop a quality bro, do you really want to risk them against a Yeti? It could be new exercise of the 3-skull contract problem.

I'm glad we're getting new content though. Will be a D1P for me unless the price is outrageous.
They said you'll be able to craft stuff to equip your Bros with from the beasts.

Since hunting for new gear is the main motivation for many players (maybe after beating all crises), fighting those things will be more rewarding than taking a random three skull contract.

Tigranes

Arcane
Cool stuff. In particular I'd love to see more events, special areas, unusual items, that actually matter - the little vignettes we have now are delightful to read but almost negligible for gameplay.

Arctrax

Novice
Great to hear about new content for this game, love it ! Looking forward to spent a bajillion hours dying (again)

PanteraNera

Arcane
I'm pretty sure at the end of EA they were sick of development, or each other or something similar. (Wich makes me not too optimistic about their 'next game'...)

I can assure you this is not the case :salute:
:nocountryforshitposters:
Bitch please, it took me one second to find an interview where they stated that they were burned out. I also remember other places where they stated that.

After all the rush of releasing everything, they're all kind of burned out and trying to take a few weeks to recover.
source

PanteraNera

Arcane
My bet is, their new game (which might be way better than Phoenix Point regarding inventory and gameplay) is taking longer than expected.
Which means they are running out of money.
Maybe they are getting tired of development again (which resulted in a lot of scrapped gameplay elements on the release of BB).

As had been said several times, BB could haven been a great game, an instant classic, if they had included and fleshed out all they had planned.

That being said still looking forward to the DLC, but I rather do not get over-hyped, as the last time I was, they didn't deliver.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Reason for BB DLC might also be that they think that market for modern/sci-fi tactical games is way more saturated than fantasy genre.
True, personally I would rather see them developing their new game, than going back to BB, after a year, after stating no DLC's.

The sad part is, I do think they are talented.
I hope they do not mess up, again.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm pretty sure at the end of EA they were sick of development, or each other or something similar. (Wich makes me not too optimistic about their 'next game'...)

I can assure you this is not the case :salute:
Bitch please, it took me one second to find an interview where they stated that they were burned out. I also remember other places where they stated that.

After all the rush of releasing everything, they're all kind of burned out and trying to take a few weeks to recover.
source

They are not burned out anymore. At least what I have been told. They are glad to be doing BB stuff again.

Tigranes

Arcane
You say it like getting burned out is some kind of unusual crime that only the particularly weak-willed are susceptible to.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They are not burned out anymore. At least what I have been told. They are glad to be doing BB stuff again.
Only time will tell how quickly they get burned out again (or already are with their new game).

Well, it's a bit different now since they are working on the game as a studio and not doing stuff in their spare time after work.

PanteraNera

Arcane
You say it like getting burned out is some kind of unusual crime that only the particularly weak-willed are susceptible to.
Well you are not going to become a marathon man (or iron man) or anything else (successful) if you quit early.
Also the game industry is a fucking though business with lots of expected overtime.
You have to be strong willed (and passionate).
They have quit early once (upsetting a lot of their fans).
People have pre-orderd their game as they trusted them to make the game they talked in detail about in their excellent dev-blogs.

Last edited:

PanteraNera

Arcane
Well, it's a bit different now since they are working on the game as a studio and not doing stuff in their spare time after work.
Honestly is it so hard to use google (and double check "facts")?

http://battlebrothersgame.com/dev-blog-42-progress-update-going-full-time-and-a-small-roadmap/
May 23 2015 said:
The game has also been a financial success for us. As you may be aware, Battle Brothers was developed by a core team of just 3 people over the course of nearly 2 years in their spare time while also working day jobs. The recent success now allows us to quit our day jobs and start working fulltime on Battle Brothers. That’s right, we’re about to have a lot more time we can put into the game and should be able to make progress much faster than before!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
I know they worked full time on the game, but first they worked on the game in their spare time like I mentioned. You don't think the transition, quitting jobs and such counts into the burnout?

PanteraNera

Arcane
You don't think the transition, quitting jobs and such counts into the burnout?
I do not think so, but also I do not know. Only they know.
I say if I quit my day job for something I am passionate about the last thing that it would give me is a burn-out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom