Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Yes. We did not have a historian on board back then so the early designs were largely made by "some guy". There was also a model of plum-jam-filled sugar-coated pastry, which was a total historical nonsense about 450 years off. We could as well be eating potatoes and smoking cigars. Even early the roads were wrong.
The bathing is a bit unfortunate technical compromise although not completely inaccurate.

How the hell am I supposed to win that goddamn horse race when horse keeps refusing to go at full speed? Feels like I missed something there. Or maybe it's just that Sir Divish was right and women shouldn't be running stables after all, poor widows or not.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
What horse race are you talking about? Different horses have different stats too.

Cadmus

Arcane
Took me a while to realize that giving my horse a saddle and saddle bags actually made him much slower, lol. Now he finally runs faster than the textures appear for me. Gotta weigh him down just right so that he's not too slow but the textures have a chance to load before lagging up my game.

What horse race are you talking about? Different horses have different stats too.
It's a quest were I'm supposed to help widow from Neuhoff get into horse trading business after her husband the stablemaster was murdered. Divish organizes a horce race. No shit different horses have different stats. And I didn't have a choice of horse for this quest, I got a horse that is way slower than my first horse that I got from main quest (which I am still using). That's despite the widow claiming the horse is really fast. Hell, maybe bitch doesn't have clue what she's talking about and should stay out of horse trade after all.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
When's the first sale coming?

Also is the game fixed yet? I'm wanting to re-buy this on PC soon and do another play-thru.

There was 30% sale not long ago iirc.

In other news, according to some german guy who played Hans Amorous Adventures at gamescom it should be around 10-15 hours long.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamesn.com/kingdom-come-deliverance/kingdom-come-amorous-adventures-dlc

Kingdom Come: Deliverance’s new DLC includes a lovesick fool and a cheating knight
kingdom-come-hans-capon-580x326.jpg

The next DLC drop for Kingdom Come: Deliverance offers not one, but two sets of new content for the game. As well as premium DLC package The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon, Warhorse Studios will be releasing a second, free DLC titled Free-for-All.

Amorous Adventures follows the unfortunate journey of fan-favourite character, the lovesick Hans, in his attempt to woo the love of his life, Carolina. This being a Kingdom Come DLC, there are plenty of ways to do this, ranging from jewelry theft to love potions. According to Tobias Stoltz, Warhorse PR manager, the DLC will last for somewhere between 10-15 hours, and can be picked up either at the end of the game, or after befriending Hans in the course of a normal playthrough.

If that wasn’t enough (or if your bank account isn’t looking too healthy at the moment) a second DLC will drop on the same day as Amorous Adventures. Free-for-All is the tournament mode that was mentioned in the Kingdom Come roadmap that Warhorse released earlier this summer.

Not just a standalone tournament, however, Free-for-All offers players its own, smaller quest. Stoltz says that it’ll have around five hours of questing, as Henry tries to uncover the secrets of the strangely-successful Black Knight. After completing the quest line, you’ll have access to periodic tournaments, allowing players to win money and some impressive armor sets.

Stoltz didn’t offer an exact release date for either DLC, but we do know that they’ll release on the same day. We do, however, have a vague release window – Stoltz says that they’ll be out in “early fall, roughly a month.” With that in mind, keep an eye out for the new DLC in late September or early October.

The Kingdom Come: Deliverance DLC roadmap shows that we’ve got plenty more to come. There’ll be two more premium DLC releases – Band of Bastards and A Woman’s Lot – out later this year and in early 2019, while a free combat academy video, and modding support, are both set to arrive in the coming months.

Martyr

Arcane
I don't really like that game. but somehow I just can't stop playing once I've started. my savegame shows 288 hours and that doesn't even include the many many times I didn't save or was forced to reload. would be interesting to see how many hours I would've played if I hadn't forced myself to take a 4 month break.
:prosper:

RepHope

Savant
Finally started playing this. I like it so far, Henry is a bit dull of a protagonist but that’s too be expected at the start, I’m sure I’ll warm up to him in time.

Codex Year of the Donut
Yes. We did not have a historian on board back then so the early designs were largely made by "some guy". There was also a model of plum-jam-filled sugar-coated pastry, which was a total historical nonsense about 450 years off. We could as well be eating potatoes and smoking cigars. Even early the roads were wrong.
The bathing is a bit unfortunate technical compromise although not completely inaccurate.
how were the roads wrong? I'm curious

Codex Year of the Donut
the documentary is quite good btw

edit:
the developers other than Vavra seemed to be really upset about how game ""journalists"" treated them.
:(

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane

edit:
the developers other than Vavra seemed to be really upset about how game ""journalists"" treated them.
Not many people enjoy being slandered, and like it or not but lot of normal people still read those rags and can get a wrong impression from them.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

edit:
Not many people enjoy being slandered, and like it or not but lot of normal people still read those rags and can get a wrong impression from them.

Being attacked 24/7 takes a toll, even if you know your attackers are complete retards.

Still, the devs won in the end. The game sold well, and most people ignored the retarded games journos.

passerby

Arcane
If anything, it sold well thanks to retarded game jurnos, since the game was talked and referenced a lot and all complaints and slander, served as praise in the eyes of any potential player of a historically accurate rpg.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
how were the roads wrong? I'm curious
too modern. Modern dirtroads are almost exclusively shaped by wheeled vehicles so there are usually two mudtracks on sides and a strip of grass in the middle
polni-cesty-920x575.jpg

Old time roads (until later 1800s) were shaped by many more sources - horses, carts and later carriages drawn by horses, animal herds, and many more pedestrians used them back then
As a result the grass gets stomped out almost everywhere, the roads were generally wider, and since the roads were under heavier duty the individual tracks also frequently meandered and diverted from the "main" direction as people had to often avoid muddy parts or obstacles in the form of fallen trees or other participants of the traffic.
kc2b.png

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Guys, does monastery crap go on for long? I've stopped there now because I was really bored with it.
You can skip it by sneaking in from the roof and just killing
Antoninus
That's what I'd do because the quest is pretty lame. Otherwise just follow the schedule for around 3 days and remember to eat. You have to eat at the table to continue the quest.

Otherwise just follow the schedule for around 3 days and remember to eat. You have to eat at the table to continue the quest.

Oh fuck me. I might just read your spoiler later and reload earlier save. There is such a thing as too much immersion and it seems Warhorse has achieved it. Will have to think about it. Break for now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom