Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Dwarf Fortress Succession Game LP

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
baud you faggot don't give up

Well I successfully added the missing stairs, built barrels to make alcohool with, so thirst has only claimed half of my dwarfs, leaving me with 6 dwarfs. So I won't abandon this fortress just yet.

tindrli

Arcane
So this is what you were working on. :salute:

No. Probably he is still figuring out how DF works.. Same as me trying to figure out how worst animated GIF app in history of mankind works

djrZGjN.gif

hello friend

Arcane
So it's on it's way. Here's the embark:

UO0003.jpg

Got a problem with the farms, though. Keep running out of seeds, and there never seems to be anything for the still to brew. Apparently, there's a way to disable cooking of booze crops from the fortress overview, but I can't figure out how. Maybe you need to have a manager? dno

I'm working on it, it'll be up.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

UO0003.jpg

Got a problem with the farms, though. Keep running out of seeds, and there never seems to be anything for the still to brew. Apparently, there's a way to disable cooking of booze crops from the fortress overview, but I can't figure out how. Maybe you need to have a manager? dno

You've go to open the Status window with z, then go to kitchen, where you should be able to allow/disallow cooking for some crops.

hello friend

Arcane
0.44.12 with DFHACK (don't know if that matters)

Every person plays a year, then passes on the save. If fort fails next person can try to reclaim.

To make it a little more interesting this colony is built on a volcano, closest water is salt water but fortunately we can dig down to the aquifer layer if we need freshwater : )

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
You can trivially filter salt water by building a well. However dwarves need alcohol to function properly, so it doesnt matter.

UO0003.jpg

How about 2d view? Hard to uderstand without classic ascii/tile graphics.
Biomes, necro towers nearby? Blood rains expected?

hello friend

Arcane
Bad news men. First caravan consistently crashes the game. Apparently, it's a known problem. I'll post some screens, although I think I'll have to start a new fortress to try to get around this bug, or abandon and reclaim.

ThisNameIsFree I took plenty of 2D pics (Phoenix tileset) as well as 3D pics, but I ended up with loads of duplicates of the same screens instead. All the pics I have apart from many many copies of the same corridor are therefore from early on in the year :negative:. I've been using Ultima Online Screenshot Utility, if anyone knows why it's doing this or can recommend a better program, please let me know.

UO0014.jpg

Farm level

UO0015.jpg

Workshop level

UO0016.jpg

Upper level, this level also holds manager's office and dining hall (not depicted). One of the younger dwarfs adopted a duckling, which took up permanent residence in the dining hall, shitting and spreading worms, but also eating the worms.

UO0017.jpg

Middle level, also held manager's bedroom. About half of the bedrooms (all levels) were fully furnished with cabinet and chest.

UO0018.jpg

Lower level

UO0019.jpg

Not all too visible, but butcher and tanner is up here. Trade Depot as well, later on.

Anyway, I'll be in Portugal next week, so next fortress will have to wait until after that. On the plus side, the whole process should go a lot quicker second time around.

I didn't embark near evil, terrifying shit. I expect the LP would end pretty quick that way, but why not - can do a spooky embark next time around.

Please raise a glass for the stalwart dwarves of Bellswims, founded by the swim team of Abalmekulet - masters of swimming one and all, like noodles in the water.

Sorry guys :hahano:. I'll fix.

tindrli

Arcane
Bad news men. First caravan consistently crashes the game. Apparently, it's a known problem. I'll post some screens, although I think I'll have to start a new fortress to try to get around this bug, or abandon and reclaim.

ThisNameIsFree I took plenty of 2D pics (Phoenix tileset) as well as 3D pics, but I ended up with loads of duplicates of the same screens instead. All the pics I have apart from many many copies of the same corridor are therefore from early on in the year :negative:. I've been using Ultima Online Screenshot Utility, if anyone knows why it's doing this or can recommend a better program, please let me know.

UO0014.jpg

Farm level

UO0015.jpg

Workshop level

UO0016.jpg

Upper level, this level also holds manager's office and dining hall (not depicted). One of the younger dwarfs adopted a duckling, which took up permanent residence in the dining hall, shitting and spreading worms, but also eating the worms.

UO0017.jpg

Middle level, also held manager's bedroom. About half of the bedrooms (all levels) were fully furnished with cabinet and chest.

UO0018.jpg

Lower level

UO0019.jpg

Not all too visible, but butcher and tanner is up here. Trade Depot as well, later on.

Anyway, I'll be in Portugal next week, so next fortress will have to wait until after that. On the plus side, the whole process should go a lot quicker second time around.

I didn't embark near evil, terrifying shit. I expect the LP would end pretty quick that way, but why not - can do a spooky embark next time around.

Please raise a glass for the stalwart dwarves of Bellswims, founded by the swim team of Abalmekulet - masters of swimming one and all, like noodles in the water.

Sorry guys :hahano:. I'll fix.

no worries bro. we will all think that we are hallucinating

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom