Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Changing the name of the game, vote inside! [POLL CLOSED, GAME RENAMED]

Which name do you prefer?

• Starfarer

• The Journey to Proxima Centauri

• The Pilgrims of Earth

Results are only viewable after voting.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
How about just calling it The Colony Ship?

edit.
Or Generation Ship?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I am kind of disappointed about the namechange, since I liked it very much.

Starfarer sounds kind of generic, like a space simulator or a strategy RTS game, eh.

Pilgrims of Earth would be "okay" if you cut out the "The".

Other names: "The Void", "Pioneers of Eternity/Infinity", "Pioneers of The Unknown", "Pioneers of Earth", "Exodus", "The Stretch of Space"

Sorry im just spitballin here.

Durwyn

Prophet
Starscape: Torment.

Seriously speaking - Pilgrims of New Earth - sound better to me. Not sure if correct gramatically though.

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
I like The Pilgrims of Earth best.

Starfarer is generic, and The Journey to Proxima Centaury is just too long and, for the lack of better word, boring, it's like if Baldur's Gate was called The Sword Coast Iron Crisis.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Your naming sense sucks, all three options are poor. And so was "The New World".

Your game is not about bright-eyed space explorers, or brave colonists exploring the unknown.

It is about a generation born in a giant steel casket, drifting towards their destruction.

I'd pick something that describes that.
Couldn't agree more. I don't think those are bad names per se, but the tone is simply wrong. Sure, you could have a game which is named like a lost Jules Verne novel yet turns out to be completely different, and it might actually be pretty cool, but I'd rather pick something that better reflects the tone of the game and sets it apart from the other space games out there.

Big Wrangle

I guess a title that pays homage ot those 50's sci-fi titles to an extent would be best, and illustrate how out of reach this "holy colony" is; you're not of the chosen generation to land in it.

Binky

Cipher
Sweet cybernetic Jesus. Don't recommend new titles. We'll end up with Space Rats.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
While Starfarer does sound the best out of three options suggested, neither "feels" just right.

The idea of having some irony in the tittle is appealing.
I'm going to throw ideas around, in hopes to get a spark for something better.

The First Colony
Star Pilgrims
Star Escape
Unsettling Expedition
traVerse
Transcending Stars

BlackGoat

Arbiter
Far Out, like Fallout, except they're far out in space

edit.

There's this, tho, which even looks a bit like a dude in Power Armor

mxKXLHV.jpg

but it's just the name of an old sci fi story collection that I've never heard of

Binky

Cipher
It is the Year of Our Lord 2754. Three factions fight over one thing: what the new name of the ship should be. De Profundis, Psycho Pilgrims Pillage Proxima, Have Gun Will Travel, God & Gunpowder, USS Nutcase, Mayflower 2.0, Icarus II, Leviathan, Noah's Ark 2, Easter Bunny,...

BlackGoat

Arbiter
Perhaps The Desired Country. Similar flavor as the New World.

A reference to
OT3y3gp.jpg

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Sweet cybernetic Jesus. Don't recommend new titles. We'll end up with Space Rats.
I'd fucking buy that game. It's at least evocative.

"Pilgrims of Earth" and "Journey to Proxima Centauri" are descriptive and dull. "Starfarer" has something to it, but, as pointed out by others, makes it sound like a space sim or similar.

You need something that's representative of the content, but still evocative enough that it conveys some sense of wonder.
A title like Harry Harrison's "Captive Universe". Except not exactly that, else people will expect a spaceship full of Aztecs.

Big Wrangle

One could say that Stafarer, before the Mutiny, was a Gilded Ship.
:kingcomrade:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As punishment for their idolatry, the children of Israel were forced to journey for 40 years through the desert to reach the promised land.

STELLAR EXODUS: A Generation Ship RPG

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom