Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Help choose the The New World's new title

daveyd

Savant
Mayflower 2 or Mayflower 2xxx (whatever year this is supposed to take place).

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
And ofc shitload people started spewing "funny" and unoriginal names in attempts to gather ratings. How pathetic.
Anyway my thoughts about name of game:
Ark of the Damned
Strangers in The Void
Pilgrims to a distant world
Wanderers among the stars

East of Earth sound nice too, but there some possibility that critics will be making shitty pans about it.

Name for ship: Salvation

Last edited:

4too

Arcane
Depth Sounding: Mark Twain

My thoughts floated / streamed to Mark Twain’s “Innocents Abroad” , a title that may be public DOM. enough … if not, consider the panache / élan of Vault Dweller negotiating with the ‘Samuel Clemens’ CORPORATE CLUSTER INC.
Then behoid ...
Ismaul said:
I think you should consider a title with the word "Bound" in it. Bound for a place, bound together, stuck within the bounds of the ship. Also the idea of a leap (of faith, of science). Plus a hint of the hope and excitement that was contained in the idea of a "new" world. …
But God Damn, BOUND has a resonance, a language lover’s pernicious punning, a coat of many - meanings (for all us prodical SOB's), I can never deny / refuse.

I ping / riff off Ismaul’s sound founding … with a hint for the literary, (love that Twain in these darker daze - AIN’T PC :lol:)

INNOCENTS BOUND is my suggestion.

4too

iguana_trader

Novice
I shall try with another batch of propositions, maybe of use:
Ascendence
Dominion
Faith Nomads
A New Dominion

hello friend

Arcane
Someone here suggested Generation, that was pretty good.

For search engine optimisation, 10th Generation could be an option, while also evoking biblical lore and how after a few generations people inevitably fuck shit up for everyone. That's the plot of the game right there.

Ainamacar

Educated
There are some existing titles incorporating it, but the word "dominion" can carry a religious connotation in the right context without demanding it the way "pilgrim" does. Also a good name for the ship.

Dominion's Children
Dominion's Bastards

The big naming conflicts are the card game, the strategy series "Dominions", and an old RTS "Dominion: Storm over Gift 3." Might be possible to work around with word order, e.g. Children of Dominion.

Inherit the Void
Works literally, and the reference to Inherit the Wind works both as a biblical allusion and the religious conflict embedded in the play. Only conflict I found was an album by a Finnish metal band.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I think someone ITT suggested Between Two Suns and Between Past and Future. Those are pretty good names IMO

Ainamacar

Educated
Someone here suggested Generation, that was pretty good.

For search engine optimisation, 10th Generation could be an option, while also evoking biblical lore and how after a few generations people inevitably fuck shit up for everyone. That's the plot of the game right there.

The Biblical genealogies are sometimes called things like "The Generations of Noah." Given an important figure in the lore with a catchy name maybe "Generations of ThatGuy"? Or use the ship itself. "Generations of the Starfarer" is clunky, though.

Viata

Arcane
Just call it Space Odyssey. Or Odyssey in Gray(or the ship color) to avoid some lawsuits.
Since the ship is moving away from the Earth, Redshift would be a nice name, but then there is Amazon Redshift.
Stellar Association has a nice meaning in astronomy that kinda works here, since the origin of all the people in the ship is the Earth and they are all "moving" together through space.
Anyway, an one word name would be the best, but quite hard to find.

Cynicus

Augur
Pilgrims Across the Dark Expanse
Pilgrim's Passage
God's Flock and the Sea of Stars
Prayers in the Dark
Salvation's Reach

I Have No Bible and I Must Thump
Space Quakers in Trouble
A Fistful of Psalms
Ah Crap, We Forgot the Pope
It Sure Is Dark Out Here

Pentagon

Educated
Feet of Clay (Daniel 2:31-35)
Age of Clay
Iron and Clay
A Ship of Clay
A Ship of Iron and Clay
Spacefarer: A Ship of Iron and Clay

daveyd

Savant
Someone on ITS forums suggested "The Promised Land" which I rather liked... And apparently, going by the concept art it's the name of a fine establishment.

Sketch_freemens-camp.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom