Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Vorark

Erudite
Searching for a way to prevent The Calling if they're alive iirc.

If the series even continues, I wonder if the Warden will be killed behind the scenes or relegated to background noise. Don't think it's feasible to bring him/her back, like they did with that retarded DA2 protagonist, due to lack of a set personality and default voice. In hindsight, it's actually a good thing they can't butcher the character.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Franxhize will be milked like there's no tomorrow. I bet new Dragon Age will feature co-op, microtransactions, multiplayer, open-world, wheel-dialogues(two options) and all sorts of LGBTQUALNDBASJAK+ degererates in it. because BioWare.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I'm here to bring the shining light of hope to this by Decline's darkness engulfed thread

2h67tb.jpg

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
:hahyou:

You said "molestation of DA series" as if DA was something :obviously: from the start.

Less then :obviously: stuff gets :mixedemotions: all the time. How do you think Bioware writers procreate or rather were created?

1451255188135.jpg

Do you think Broodmother above can procreate any other way except through molestation? Molestation of others. Molestation of Bioware and rape baby I think was named Dragon's Rape II, nicknamed Dragon's BRAAAAAAAAAAAP

6sK.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ding-the-future-of-dragon-age-and-mass-effect

BioWare responds again regarding the future of Dragon Age and Mass Effect
"Some weird stuff going around..."

Anthem is still causing image problems for BioWare. Each time we see more of the game, debate swirls around the studio's departure from single-player storytelling, for which it is so well known, into cooperative multiplayer action games.

No romances, no (NPC) companions to accompany you on your missions, no ultimate control over the fate of the world? What happened to the BioWare formula we know and love? What happened to Dragon Age and Mass Effect? Will the studio ever be the same again?

They're questions BioWare has tried to answer already, but evidently the messaging hasn't been convincing enough. It's why BioWare general manager Casey Hudson felt the need to assure fans again Anthem will not permanently rewire the studio and its output.

"Some weird stuff going around about how our future games will be influenced by Anthem," Hudson wrote on Twitter. "Of course when we do a Dragon Age game it will be designed from the ground up based on what Dragon Age should be. Same with Mass Effect...

"Anthem is a specific thing that's unique from our other IPs in many ways," he added. "What carries forward is what we learn about game design, which is a constant evolution."

Hudson's comments echo - but in stronger terms - what BioWare lead producer Mike Gamble told Tom at E3 this year. "We have various projects in the works," Gamble said. "There's a team working on Dragon Age stuff right now and Mass Effect is certainly not dead."

A Dragon Age 4 has long been whispered about of course, but Hudson's saying "when we do a Dragon Age game" might be BioWare's strongest commitment to a new instalment yet - likewise his mention of "same with Mass Effect". Mass Effect, you may remember, was put on icefollowing the lukewarm reception of Mass Effect: Andromeda.

It's promising to hear, although full production of a Dragon Age 4 will presumably have to wait until after Anthem has been released (22nd February 2019) and established as a live, content-rich service. And there appear to be ambitious plans for this.

"We definitely are planning to do some seasonal content - bigger stuff," executive producer Mark Darrah told PC Gamer at the just-finished PAX West. "But then I think we need something more than that. I think what Fortnite, what Epic has done that others maybe haven't figured out, is that they have seasons - big 10 week-long things - and then within that they're like, we're just going to sprinkle in something on top of that.

"What then you see is a lot of developers are missing that second level. They've got the season and they hit that cadence [of] 'we do five things a year, six things a year'. But they don't have that extra little bit of spice, and that's what Epic has figured out.

"We have a full plan," Darrah said. "Potentially even a third layer," Mike Gamble, who was also in the interview, added.

BioWare also talked at PAX West about how the single-player story Anthem does will work, and Johnny was there to hear it. In short, you will have your own instanced city of Tarsis to affect, filled with quest-givers and NPCs who you can form relationships with, although not romantic ones. Some of the most important characters in Tarsis will be your pit crew, the people responsible for keeping your javelin exosuit in good nick.

"A multiplayer shooter it might be," wrote Johnny, "but it seems like Anthem might well manage to become a decent single-player game at the same time, which would be quite some feat."

Malpercio

Arcane

You said "molestation of DA series" as if DA was something :obviously: from the start.

Less then :obviously: stuff gets :mixedemotions: all the time. How do you think Bioware writers procreate or rather were created?

1451255188135.jpg

Do you think Broodmother above can procreate any other way except through molestation? Molestation of others. Molestation of Bioware and rape baby I think was named Dragon's Rape II, nicknamed Dragon's BRAAAAAAAAAAAP

... you know that screenshot is fake, right?

Cael

Arcane

1451255188135.jpg

... you know that screenshot is fake, right?
You mean she's fatter and uglier in real life? Is that even possible?

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Knowing that Anthem replaces boring old dialogue where you could pick ONE of the options from the dialogue wheel with one of TWO options on the wheel one cannot avoid the feeling of excitement coming from the next masterpiece this game is going to be.

On a more serious side, if they want to use Anthem as a proving ground, at least they're showing they want to change, for better or worse.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I remember how they hyped up ME: Andromeda like it's gonna be the greatest thing Bioware ever achieved, and after release, only to quietly go low-profile and terminate the studio behind it.

"But this time its different."

Nah. Anthem looks like shit and the EA shareholders will have the last word about Bioware's future.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Well that's all very nice, you imagining all of that, but the Abbasids and Seljuks didn't "once threaten to conquer the whole world via exalted marches" & nor did they then proceed to "lose most of their conquered lands", whereas that's an almost defacto description of the Mongol invasions.

Jihad? Conquering and killing infidels?

People converting to the Qun are also considered Qunaris, regardless if they have horns or not.

Kinda like Islam.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Ummm no,the chantry is representation of Catholicism and Trevinter chantry is orthodoxy.

No, the Chantry is protestantism. It's clearly "What would've happaned if the death Joan of Arch kickstarted a rift in the Church and a separation movement with a new religion based on the cult of her figure?"

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
lol if you think the writers at Bioware even thought as far as you guys do now when writing the game.
If only i had the money to make a nice rpg....:negative:. The world is unfair place for certainty.
Spend your money on booze and women. Your dream rpg destined to be shit too like all others.
Nah it would have been as good as Arcanum....at least. Also i would have spend the money on women and drinking anyway,it is part of the creative process.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom