Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Awakening (PS4)

Kem0sabe

Arcane
top_kv_title.png

Project Awakening is an all-new action RPG featuring cutting edge graphics and a high fantasy setting. As part of the company’s ongoing drive to deliver the very best in entertainment, Cygames has assembled a development dream team to create the game, boasting extensive experience across a variety of much-loved videogame hits. Under the accomplished direction of Junji Tago (Director) and Ryosuke Aiba (Art Director), the team is hard at work on a title that aims to bring a fresh approach to the world of fantasy RPGs. Be sure to stay tuned for future updates.

top_ss_img_01_off.png

top_ss_img_02_off.png

top_ss_img_03_off.png

top_ss_img_04_off.png

top_ss_img_05_off.png

top_ss_img_06_off.png

AbstractKazzy

Novice
Sometimes I like to think a company like Cygames uses all that money they made from gacha mobileshit to make a passion project game like this. Then I realize it's Cygames.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
... passion project... gacha mobileshit ....

Cygames:
latest

Just looks like a really, really high budget Dark Souls clone from that trailer, which makes sense given the fact Cygames is literally making snorting coke off Night Elves money from owning Grandblue Fantasy AND Shadowverse atm

Time to engage hope like shit we get a PC port mode

newtmonkey

Arcane
Ah, all the ingredients to a excellent fantasy RPG. Walking around an arena with a dragon, rolling around an arena with a dragon, and running to and fro.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
https://gematsu.com/2015/05/cygames-opens-ps4-focused-osaka-studio

Cygames, a division of CyberAgent Group, has opened a new studio in Osaka focused on high-end PlayStation 4 game development, the company announced.

The studio, which was established on April 1 as the company’s first location in western Japan, is already staffed with experienced engineers, but is actively recruiting new employees.

Cygames is known for its various smartphone hits, including Grand Blue Fantasy, Dragon Quest Monsters: Super Light, The Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls, and Rage of Bahamut.

They opened a studio in 2015 for this.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I wish they made a "Soulslike" (god I hate myself for even using the term) that was straight fantasy instead of grimdark.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I wish they made a "Soulslike" (god I hate myself for even using the term) that was straight fantasy instead of grimdark.

What makes you think this isn't that? Seems significantly less grimdark than Dark Souls.

Then again large parts of the new testament dealing with the end of days are significantly less grimdark than Dark Souls.

I'm not exactly expecting any downgrade given what other upcoming games like Devil May Cry 5 and Death Stranding look like. Junji Tago was also the technical director at Kojima Productions that did their Fox Engine.

Perkel

Arcane
Looks fucking amazing to me. I hope this will be next great game.
I always hoped for proper Dragon's Dogma sequel or either good clone. Assuming this isn't bullshit this looks fucking great.

Nice bullshots.

Bullshots for sure but it doesn't look anything undoable graphics wise.

Perkel

Arcane
I'm not exactly expecting any downgrade given what other upcoming games like Devil May Cry 5 and Death Stranding look like. Junji Tago was also the technical director at Kojima Productions that did their Fox Engine.

Yeah people don't realize that there has been qualitative jump in quality of real time rendering. First developers found a way to more or less emulate ray tracing by PBR which may not be accurate but we don't notice such inconsistency until compared with something and later when pipelines matured they spend extra time on picture quality with high quality per object motion blurr and very nice AA solution thanks to those pro version of consoles allowing them to focus more on picture quality.

It used to be that they would only focus on tech which was half baked due to performance reasons and leave almost nothing to picture quality. Now with extra power and lack of cpu resources they basically can't improve anything else other than picture quality.

I'm a big fan of Perkel. The guy always very reasonable opinions about games and...

Looks fucking amazing to me. I hope this will be next great game.

...uh nevermind.

CyGames is not CiGames. They are japanese and they probably won't fuck up gameplay especially action oriented.

ZoddGuts

Augur
I remember years back the CEO? said in an interview, he was making mobile games so that he can later make home console games after making money. Looks like he is staying true his word. There's two Grand Blue home console games being made, one of which is being made by Platinum. They recently remade Zone of the Enders 2.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Nice bullshots.
The downgrade will be glorious
The whole thing looks like a (beautiful) tech demo and I don't think anyone is trying to hide the fact. It's clearly just showing off some technology and setting up a general tone here. I'm not sure it's attempting to trick anyone into thinking that this is what the finished game is intended to look like.

Hyperion

Arcane
Dis looks p gud, but I'm gonna hold out excitement 'till I see how good of a job they did on Granblue, and whether I'm stuck playing as Aaron Rodgers or not.

As long as the controls aren't shit, it should be enjoyable, derivative or no. Probably won't be as good as Dragon's Dogma, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom