Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Level scaling isn't an issue because most people don't play the game for the leveling bit. Leveling is essentially a giant ass tutorial meant to teach you the class. You play it for the raids/pvp etc. at max level.

"You play WoW to experience .0001% of the game that you can only reach after grinding boring bullshit tutorial for 400+ hours"

Sounds SICK where do I sign up?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Uh-oh, Uldir dps logs are out (excludes 2 bosses I believe). Affliction is above all three mage specs. Nerfs incoming. Destro and demonology are both at the very bottom, so maybe some buffs?

Hunters and rogues also are doing pretty well.

Jokzore

Arbiter
I'm not a troll, I've just played the game before I decided to talk about it.

The time you spend leveling is absolutely insignificant compared to end-game activities. It was true in Burning Crusade when I actively played, and it goes doubly so today when they've introduced even more of them.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I'm not a troll, I've just played the game before I decided to talk about it.

The time you spend leveling is absolutely insignificant compared to end-game activities. It was true in Burning Crusade when I actively played, and it goes doubly so today when they've introduced even more of them.

I'm sure the time spent leveling then grinding gear to actually be able to get into a team is insignificant compared to the time people spend grinding the current raid over and over again but that doesn't change the fact that this game still has what is essentially a 200+ hour tutorial which is like 10x more time than people spend playing an average game.

Who wants to spend more than 1 hour on a tutorial?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The leveling used to be fun when it didn't have 20 levels to grind through with no new spells or talents to show for it and you had to interact with real people in order to be able to do some of the harder quests.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Given that the Azerite trait and artifact systems exist, I am surprised Blizzard has not spruced up heirlooms.

It would be nice to have an additional progression mechanic to work towards other than max level.

Sykar

Arcane
The leveling used to be fun when it didn't have 20 levels to grind through with no new spells or talents to show for it and you had to interact with real people in order to be able to do some of the harder quests.

Which is exactly why the height of WoW was TBC for me, minus flying mounts. TBC -> Classic -> WotLK -> sorry rest I do not give two tugs of a dead dog's cock about.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
So, to play a warfront, one of main expansion features, alliance has to wait:
3 weeks post-launch
~1 week for horde to gather resources
1 week of horde doing warfronts
~1 week for alliance to gather resources

Also horde gets a free ilvl 370 item before mythic raids open :M

At least the warfront is a bit more engaging than the expeditions, although after doing it twice I don't see a reason to do it again this week since I have no use for ilvl 340 gear anymore and it gives the standard ~150 azerite reward, as most content (which is just ridiculous and only made sense when I thought that azerite catch-up would be retroactive).

Oh well, as long as I have Mythic+ and Raids I'll be ok. Just wish there was something "new" that I liked.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
So to play a warfront, one of main expansion features, alliance has to wait:
~1 week for horde to gather resources

I just want to point out that this phase is completely smoke and mirrors. There's no actual resource gathering phase. It's just another form of time gating as the progress bar will go up by itself even without player input. The fact that even this is time gated is sickening. At least Warfronts are conceptually fun, unlike the island expeditions, but the lack of any real challenge is a problem and will prove to be a fatal blow for BfA in general within a few months when everyone has gotten to experience them and realized that they lack challenge. Also the Warfronts being a 20 man raid seems very excessive to me. I did it twice and both times it didn't feel like I was contributing that much, a problem I have with raiding in general. They should've made Warfronts for 3-5 players per instance, not a raid.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
So along with my Dark Iron Paladin, I've started leveling a Lightforged (just unlocked them a few days ago) Priest. I must say, Disci is pretty fun. It's incredibly over tuned in lots of content and I can see why it will be nerfed, but the gameplay of the spec itself is quite unique. I like the idea of having to do damage to heal. It's a spec with a high skill ceiling as it forces you to be aware of multiple tasks at the same time. I'm also quite enjoying the Lightforged racial which hits like a truck and scales incredibly well with your stats and any damage buffs / debuffs you can use.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I made a Lightforged Disc priest and it was incredibly rewarding, at least before my old guildies forced me back to lock. Disc has amazing cooldowns, can do damage, good heals, and can survive the melee train for a time. Going from Disc priest to warlock felt terrible for that reason. Once you receive the legacy armor, Lightforged Disc feels like a battle priest.

Apart from some issues, I enjoy BFA thus far. Mythic Siege of Boralus was incredibly fun and reminded me of a vanilla dungeon runs, where the group had to coordinate together or fail. I am actually glad Blizzard tied it to a Mythic, because it was a rewarding way to finish the storyline.

One of those issues for me is that class balance and philosophy seems to be in a strange place. Specifically, my impression was the Blizzard intended for each class/spec to have upsides and downsides to create a sense of a trade off. Yet, some classes do not appear to have a downside, particularly when you factor in mobility. For example, Affliction is incredibly strong in certain PVE and PVP situations, but can be complete ass outside of that niche (e.g, burst AoE). Therefore, Affliction seems to meet the design intent. In contrast, when I switch to Demon Hunter, the class seems to have great mobility, utility, damage, and survivability. I am not seeing the downside. Similarly, I am not sure what the downside is to Frost Mage. Perhaps is a "grass is greener on the other side" moment, but high mobility classes seem to be in a great spot.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Heritage armor for Dwarves and Blood Elves is nice. Hopefully, the spell breaker armor on the Silvermoon guards will finally make it in game.

The raid on Zuldazar interests me. I never expected the Alliance war campaign story to turn into a raid.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Is anyone running this on shitty hardware? I only have a Macbook Pro (late 2013) at the moment and it did alright in Legion when I ran it on a Windows bootcamp, but I'm worried BfA might melt the chipset.

Revenant

Why use Windows bootcamp? The game has a Mac client.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom