Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry 5

sullynathan

Arcane

All Nero Devil Breakers shown in action. Gallery, Training mode & photo mode confirmed. Some concert Art shown.
Looks good man

sullynathan

Arcane
So many leaks of the first mission

It looks like early game stuff given that Nero doesn't have an arm yet. V says the new Demon King took Nero's arm but he has to be wrong or he's being manipulative. The other video clearly shows it being vergil. Who else would the devil bringer light up like that for? Who else would know how to use Yamato like that? He says he's running out time, maybe Vergil is good and wants to save the world before Urizen devours it or maybe Vergil is dying due to losing most of his powers after being defeated by Dante/

What about Mundus? Is he coming back? We see Trish and Lady but will Lucia be back too?

Finally, we got wings back and Dante is using his DT in cutscenes again and hopefully flying in combat. It was odd that DMC4 removed wings. Oh shit, Rebellion is broken, but it's probably not a big deal since it's been shown that Yamato can be repaired and these swords are part of the soul. We're full anime now boys:rofl:

From this we can surmise that Nero saves Dante, and the plot will be about Nero, Dante & possibly V becoming powerful enough to go back and defeat Urizen. V reveals that much by saying nero needs to survive if Dante gets defeated and to think of ways to get stronger and help.

My god this is so much spoilers, but hopefully it's only for the first 2 missions and nothing more.

Wondering even more now if V is going to be like the guy from Capcom's Chaos Legion given he's just shown with a cane and bird in those two videos. Guess the cane could be a cane sword, and he ends up with some Yamato attacks, and stuff like Hibiki Takane does in Last Blade & Capcom Vs SNK 2.

Latelistener

Arcane
It's not like they did something good in all these years. The first Dead Rising is still unsurpassed and it was made by japanese (2, 3 and 4 were developed by Capcom Vancouver).

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Damn, I had hopes this could be return of vocalist from DMC3.

Looking at the like-dislike ratio on youtube, it seems most people dislike this. And for good reason, this is absolutely horrendous. This barely qualifies as music, let alone DMC level music.

Martius

Liturgist
Capcom did not care much for backlash during DmC development. I doubt they will start now so close to game being finished.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't listen to Rock or metal, Is it possible for capcom to change the music in 6 months if there's enough backlash?
Well changing the music shouldn't be technically difficult, the question is if they want to change it.

Capcom did not care much for backlash during DmC development. I doubt they will start now so close to game being finished.
True, but I think this is a little different. They are saying a lot that they want to create a true, great DMC game, and so far they are delivering. I hope if they hear about people hating this game, they will change it.

Latelistener

Arcane
I have no idea how should I rate other than "gay". It sounds absolutely terrible just from a technical perspective and I guess it goes without saying that could have found someone better.

Then again, Combichrist wasn't the best choice too imo. That particular scene has much better artists (if less popular), even US-based.

Ironically, later the did a song called Devil May Care:

In other news, Capcom is shutting down Capcom Vancouver and putting 158 employees on the street, citing "Major titles will be developed in Japan only":
https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/18/capcom-closes-vancouver-studio-dead-rising/

Anti-free market, economic nationalistic Japan strikes again. And I say good for them! :salute:
I don't know what you're smoking, but this move is as market-driven as they come. They've realized the Vancouver studio (which was originally Blue Castle Games, a shovelware developer) is awful and incapable of producing a decent game that is even close to matching up to the original (which came out 12 years ago).

Seems to me they're rewarding competence and excellence and punishing incompetence and indolence. Maybe western studios should hire people that don't wank to Anita Shitkeesian while smelling their own farts, and actually have valuable, marketable skills in videogame design and technical execution.

sullynathan

Arcane
It's fucking out boys. The Music is actually perfect with the gameplay.

Capcom gonna be capcom, pre-order stuff looks cool (lol at black haired Dante, guess DmC fans will like that), sparda is confirmed just like the leaks showed. Early access to the buster, arm which means it will probably be a mid or late game arm.

DngVx2hUYAAd5yp.jpg:large
unknown.png

d8fe844d3777a655620ac11900d86ae5.png
privilege_img01_pc.jpg

Possible online multiplayer, only other hack & slash in recent memory I remember with multiplayer was Ninja Gaiden 2 & 3. They we're kinda fun, but connection was horrid.

1537412222127.jpg

Dante looks good mane and so does the crew

New Videos

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
In other news, Capcom is shutting down Capcom Vancouver and putting 158 employees on the street, citing "Major titles will be developed in Japan only":
https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/18/capcom-closes-vancouver-studio-dead-rising/

Anti-free market, economic nationalistic Japan strikes again. And I say good for them! :salute:
I don't know what you're smoking, but this move is as market-driven as they come. They've realized the Vancouver studio (which was originally Blue Castle Games, a shovelware developer) is awful and incapable of producing a decent game that is even close to matching up to the original (which came out 12 years ago).

Seems to me they're rewarding competence and excellence and punishing incompetence and indolence. Maybe western studios should hire people that don't wank to Anita Shitkeesian while smelling their own farts, and actually have valuable, marketable skills in videogame design and technical execution.

That's what I was implying. Japan first.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom