Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline27 - Warminions

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
We are also playing Dom vanilla :P

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Yeah man we use Llama and conspire / trash talk / shit post here and in private convos

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I love that Nurgle can get these guys, for a bargain of 90 gold.

The regen is only 5% so it's negligible, but having 4 solid attacks, anti-thug in form of disease aura and they have the highest berserk I've seen outside the great bull pretenders at +6

fxm3ck0.png

Slap some chaos armor on them and ;)

The best part is you don't need a fort, only a forest

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Unfortunately, the Sphinxes don't breath fire. :negative:

I guess Tomb Kings are pretty unfinished. They have some generic sacred spawn though, including immortals. Hmm. Maybe I should just do Ogres again. Idk.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
we have 8 players now - are you guys keen for glory of gods multiplayer.. the dom 4 map?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Seeing how we don't have good guys factions I ran a check on 'em and some have interesting gameplay ideas. Most of them half backed, though. The only viable ones seem to be High Elves and Bretonnia, and even they have problems. The Empire is.... flat out weird in some regards.

Pity that they removed the crazy Bretonnian Dead Grail Knight unit, that was awesome.

We'll have Chaos Melee, I guess.

FOR THE DARK GODS

sqeecoo

Arcane
What are you talking about, dwarves are great! Recruit anywhere sacreds, cheap ulm-like mages, ridiculously cheap chassi to grab a good bless. It's a bit sad it's just a fight between the evil powers. And there's so much stuff, I'm not sure I have the stamina to learn the other nations and their strengths and weaknesses.

Do you guys know a good place to brush up on WH lore for RP purposes? I know a decent bit of WH40k but very little WH.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Do you guys know a good place to brush up on WH lore for RP purposes? I know a decent bit of WH40k but very little WH.

Army books?

Usually older it is better it is.

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Fantasy_Battles_Army_Books_and_Rulebooks

Check some torrent site, read the background thingies, and you are set. Downloads are easily obtainable from the usual places, or you can read Lexicanum articles, but ehh, wikias.

albrecht-d%C3%BCrer-art-squirrel-19.jpg

Free Albrecht Durer pic, because even in the 16th century you could go full Warhams

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I would like to put my Tomb Kings pick on hold, they seem not finished and not fun(if only the big summons were cooler, instead it's just.....non trampling large chariots and metal golem ~but different~).

May pick a good nation for RP purposes.

Infinitum

Scholar
So, looking through the inspector shows that the Orange Fires of tzeentech (Ench 3) summons a Lemur Thaumaturg for free. Not seeing anything else so the nation itself should be ok.

EDIT: Also, looks like they implemented LA Phlegra fully into the inspector, because there's a bunch of snake giants where the Vampire Count national units should be. The fucked up Warrior Priest/Knight commander do share magic paths with Laestragonian Tyrants/Oppressor Archons come thinking of it. Maybe they share unit id's somehow and that causes the bugs? That should be fixable, right?

EDIT EDIT: Dwarfes suddenly look way op for a similar reason; I think the Runesmiths are supposed to autocast a custom spell giving them -1 to all magic paths in battle. Instead they do Stellar Cascades. The spell Id's must've been switched around some patch ago.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom