Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Das Geisterschiff Released

lightbane

Arcane
A bit late answering, but I was busy:

2a4ebrF.jpg

Counter!
jsJNJdo.png
JZQFhAZ.png
ZdXGsnj.png

These are clearly German words! So, when does the firing begin? :troll:

Now seriously, why can't I just punch the doors instead of smashing them and damage the mech? Is this a Zaku simulator? It would explain a lot. I'll wait for the updated demo and see if the improvements are noticeable.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I played through the demo. Some comments:

- The Linux release of the game runs beautifully on Linux Mint. This might not be a surprise to others, but most games are made to run on Linux Ubuntu. I have no problem running Steam games on Linux Mint, but I've struggled getting to run a few Linux GOG games.

- I lived in Germany for a few years, so I recognized some of the German signs, but I'm still very glad that analyzing them gives me an English translation.

- The wire-frame graphics take some time to become familiar. More descriptive text would be welcome, even if that text would be something simple such as:
"You see a wall."
-or even-
"There is a computer here.
You see a wall."

- Combat is pretty simple. I depended on the sub-machine gun at first, but switched to the assault rifle against a tougher opponent. Mines were trickier for me, but that's my fault for not taking my time and hitting the forward key too quickly. Once I took my time, I disarmed most of them and only had one blow up in my face from a failed attempt.

- I noticed the mini-map revealed places for rooms I hadn't even entered yet, which confused me at first. Is there a way to access a larger map? If not, I think this is the kind of game that would benefit players who like to make their own maps.

- I encountered no errors or bugs. This game was coded pretty well from what I can see. A very nice program you have here. :salute:

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Thanks for the kind comments, mate. :salute:

The wire-frame graphics take some time to become familiar. More descriptive text would be welcome
That's a good suggestion. I wouldn't mind doing some minor enhancements like this once I'm done ironing out the remaining issues (also Ninjerk suggested that a while ago, so it's definitely on my todo list).
Is there a way to access a larger map? If not, I think this is the kind of game that would benefit players who like to make their own maps.
There is no way to access a larger map -- I kept the minimap as means to track enemy movement and surroundings within a very short radius. Since the size of ingame areas is rather small due to hardware limitations I had, adding a map would feel like dumbing down a game that's already rather short & simple.
I encountered no errors or bugs. This game was coded pretty well from what I can see. A very nice program you have here. :salute:
That's very nice to hear, because this is my first real experience with programming.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
zwanzig_zwoelf If you have a linux version (and looking at the itch.io site it looks like you do), write to the nice people at https://www.gamingonlinux.com, they do not cover EVERY game of course, but yours is almost certain to get a few looks ;)
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll release v1.0.2 soon (which should potentially fix a few issues found reported by a Debian user) and ping them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom