Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Great Gaias playable demo

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm over 120 hours into the game - standing in front of the final(?) boss.

If you like Ultima 7 and turn-based RPGs this game is for you. You can play a lot of different unique characters, each with their own set of skills, usable gear and backstory. The story is epic. Lots of backtracking, some grinding to get better (unique) gear is necessary.
Crafting and alchemy is in the game as well.

Combat is challenging, sometimes you have to build and level up the right party to beat a certain boss. So change your 4-character party mix often and try to build up most of the 17 playable characters.

Recommended!

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Pray tell what's Ultima 7-like about this game?

U7-like:

1. Unique party members with a backstory and quests.
  2. Fighting against a great evil good-like character.
  3. An evolving epic story that starts small and gets bigger and bigger.
  4. Unique weapons and gear.
  5. Lots of side-quests and secrets - you have to explore every inch of the huge world (- over 200 achievements).
  6. Strong interwoven story elements between the main characters.
  7. Classic story elements like murder, betrayal, love, orphans, old ghosts ...
  8. A huge map.
  9. Lots of backtracking.
  10. Adventure-like searching to trigger the next chapter of the story.
  11. ...

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Then tell me some RPGs with 17 playable characters with their own class skills and backstory.
I don't know many.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Then tell me some RPGs with 17 playable characters with their own class skills and backstory.
I don't know many.
That's not what I meant. Just that those features, while all well and good, could in fact describe many games other than Ultima 7. Not all of them at once perhaps, but just the bare minimums.

Such as "Unique weapons & armor", or "facing a big bad", etc. Secrets I'm a big fan of, however, so that does sound like fun enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom