Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Trashos

Arcane
Does it have a progressive agenda? I was kinda worried about the companions.

Is the encounter design carefully considered or is it "place a bunch of enemies together"? Are there respawning enemies?

Might consider this after I know the answer to those questions.

Serus

Arcane
Patron

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Anyway I wonder why POE1/2 and even Pathfinder didn't implement "steal" from merchants :(
Remember making to Beregost and then going straight for those sweet, sweet +1 large shields? And then hoping nobody saw your quicksave? Pretty fun, wasn't it?

Well, too fucking bad because getting magical shields for free was simply too OP and broke MUH BALINSSE, so stealing from merchants is a defunct feature. Ugh, ignorant plebs still thinking gayming is about fun. Have some balance instead. And some progressive pronouns for good measure.

Serus

Arcane
Patron

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Is the encounter design carefully considered or is it "place a bunch of enemies together"? Are there respawning enemies?

So far the encounters/dungeons I have seen have sensible enemy placement. Guards are in spots you expect them to be. There ARE some encounters that spawn in additional enemies after a few rounds, which is kind of a dick move and gives me flashbacks to DA2 but they are few.

Serus

Arcane
Patron

Progressive agenda - yes, a little. The first two strong frontline combatants NPC you meet in the game are two stronk wahmen. There is literally cuckoldry being defended by one character, and so on. But it's not as bad as it sounds - as in, there is not too much of it so it's bearable. But YMMV.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
It's hilarious that apparently the coding is messed up, causing unintended amounts of stat inflation even on normal due to double-dipping... But that just ends up being mostly easy-ish with a few tougher fights.

When the devs get done fixing this I'm going to have to restart and play on "unfair" I guess.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron

Progressive agenda - yes, a little. The first two strong frontline combatants NPC you meet in the game are two stronk wahmen. There is literally cuckoldry being defended by one character, and so on. But it's not as bad as it sounds - as in, there is not too much of it so it's bearable. But YMMV.

amiri is part of the setting and has been for a while

jf8350143

Liturgist
I don't think the content in this game can be considered progressive agenda, just a bunch of different characters, their motivations and back stories are mostly fine.Don't be too oversensitive, otherwise we are no different from the SJWs.

Also is there stealing in this game? I wandered into a small tavern in the wild, unlock every door in it and took everything, including the key of the owner's room and she didn't say anything.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I don't think the content in this game can be considered progressive agenda, just a bunch of different characters, their motivations and back stories are mostly fine.Don't be too oversensitive, otherwise we are no different from the SJWs.

Also is there stealing in this game? I wandered into a small tavern in the wild, unlock every door in it and took everything, including the key of the owner's room and she didn't say anything.
The tutorial had some reactivity in regards to stealing (armory and the money) but that was due to your "rival" trying to make you look like a spy.
Haven't noticed anything yet, but I also can't be bothered to open every chest anymore these days.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Nah, there's 0 "stealing" awareness by NPCs. You can steal in front of them and they simply do not care.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Quick question. So i'm resting for "6 days" and "4 days" in cuckmaker all the time for a full rest. And yet there's a fucking time limit - a month or smth.. So what am I supposed to do, not rest?

Is there any way to make the characters walk faster like the Pillars fastmode?
That is literally the only thing making me not enjoy the game.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
Quick question. So i'm resting for "6 days" and "4 days" in cuckmaker all the time for a full rest. And yet there's a fucking time limit - a month or smth.. So what am I supposed to do, not rest?

what do you mean a full rest, like, are you trying to get rid of attribute damage or something?

M. AQVILA

Arcane
Interesting finds about the difficulty settings from someone who looked a bit into the code:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...z1/enemy_difficulty_vs_enemy_stat_adjustment/

Thanks bruh. Hmm, should I continue playing true normal or should I make it closer to the PnP? I'm having fun with the current difficulty so I'm not sure. Then again there were some fights that were extremely obnoxious and made me lose a lot of precious time, not to mention the bugs. I might just lower it and later replay the game, when it gets patched up, in an harder difficulty. What to do?

Gulnar

Scholar
I cannot understand why the fuck the devs decided that most encounters need 'uptuning' (multiple swarms in the spider cavern, the 'cursed bear' in the elk temple turned into a fucking treant, the buffs to the Stag Lord and to his fucking owlbear) and at the same time decided it was a good idea to make the 'main' tank of the party a 13 str, 15 charisma fighter.
Or that the first party members are an UNDEAD inquisitor, a bard, and a sorceror. Ora that there should be no full-class wizard as a obtainable companion, at least not in act 1. Or to actually include the whole slashing grace/fencing grace talent tree and piranha bite, but not dervish dance.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
So... first attempt, second level, no reloads, no crits were involved. Normal enemies, 1.0 damage and normal crits.

U9nYWCw.jpg

I was looking forward to this fucker. Have they nerfed it or, as usual, all the whining was for nothing?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

what do you mean a full rest, like, are you trying to get rid of attribute damage or something?
No, I just want everyone to be at full HP, so I click on full rest and it takes 6 fucking days. Crazy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom