Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A devpost about Storm of Zehir that should intrest the Codex

MetalCraze

Arcane
Yeah Troika knew how to show a big fuck you to gamers and still make us love the game like mad.

"[DOMINATE]You will do as I command you!

1. I will do it
2. I will do it
3. I will do it"

the 3 answers were indeed absolutely identical.

Balor

Arcane
skyway said:
Yeah Troika knew how to show a big fuck you to gamers and still make us love the game like mad.

1. I will do it
2. I will do it
3. I will do it"

Yea, it made me ROFL and yet it DOES make sense. Great multi-layered pun.

J1M

Arcane
Why do people lap up this stuff without a concrete example being provided?

I'm hopeful for the game too, but really would any designer come out and say: "I LOVE false choices. They are my best work!"

Anaglyph

Novice
"It's not that bad, kids. Trust me... that's you and me, kids!... me no likey... oh, nutbunnies... Just trust me... duckies..."

Christ.

trystero

Novice
skyway said:

1. I will do it
2. I will do it
3. I will do it"

Never played Bloodlines, but that is pretty clever :)

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Anaglyph said:
"It's not that bad, kids. Trust me... that's you and me, kids!... me no likey... oh, nutbunnies... Just trust me... duckies..."

Christ.

That is Annie's PG voice. Normally Annie uses the f-bomb as a comma.

Anaglyph

Novice
OccupatedVoid said:
That is what long term exposure to the Bioware forums does to a person.

You have a point. Now I don't know whether to despise her or pity her.

Edit:
Anthony Davis said:
That is Annie's PG voice. Normally Annie uses the f-bomb as a comma.

All I can say is I would have found that pretty insulting above, say, the age of seven. Seriously.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
I didn't precisely intend for it to be some big cannonball of a post - people were all HEY HOLY S**T PANIC TIME so I put on a soothing voice to try and calm 'em. The "but thou must" thing should be something that everyone tries to avoid in elements of design, but like - as pointed out with the Dominate Person thing, sometimes it's damn funny.

The sort of tone I adopted on those forums is one that's sort of... trial-and-error to see how they react to me. Back on NWN2 I posted about something and got a... response that was... extremely nasty and insulting. Yay for the other people in the thread for jumping on the offender like "dude wtf," but that was my exit from the forums for a good year or so - only peeking on a few times near the end of Mask of the Betrayer. I've tried to be more active on 'em again, and honestly I do consciously adopt the PG voice because it DOES seem to soothe some people. It's also a nice change of tone for me from my usual harpy screeches at deadlines and streams of expletives whenever I play anything.

But yeah. It wasn't designed to be insulting, obviously. Sorry if it got taken that way.

(also I hold "nutbunnies" as a perfectly acceptable comment because Freakazoid says it and SCREW YOU if you don't like him. There! Some more sass! SAAAAAASSSSSS!)

Anaglyph

Novice
Annie Carlson said:
...and got a... response that was... extremely nasty and insulting... but that was my exit from the forums for a good year or so...

Now I feel like an arsehole. :(

...I do consciously adopt the PG voice because it DOES seem to soothe some people.

Well if it works I guess they deserve it.

Unfortunately I don't know who Freakazoid is, but I suspect I probably wouldn't like him. ;)

racofer

Thread Incliner
Anaglyph said:
Unfortunately I don't know who Freakazoid is

FREAKAZOID.jpg

Anaglyph said:
but I suspect I probably wouldn't like him. ;)

yep

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Anaglyph said:
Annie Carlson said:
...and got a... response that was... extremely nasty and insulting... but that was my exit from the forums for a good year or so...

Now I feel like an arsehole. :(

See, occasions like THIS are where I use the Soothing Voice. Just imagine Principal Skinner patting your shoulder and going "There there. There there." Heh. But no worries - forums are forums. I subscribe to the John Gabriel Greater Internet F*ckwad Theory (not like *I* do that but that *PEOPLE* do) so eh, you know. I sort of assume there are people anywhere who imagine I am a total douche, but I just jive on my own way and assume my words or suchlike will prove em wrong.

(Also Freakazoid was a show full of awesome for many reasons, some of which included Ricardo Montalban shrieking "NO! Don't say the weenie word!" and Ed Asner saying "You know, you smell like poo-gas." Adolescent humor, yes, but SO WHAT. Still great.)

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Annie, wish we could get your no-nonsense self over on the MoW forums to explain something about what the HELL is going on with that project, but I realize you've probably got nothing to do with it.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Crispy said:
Annie, wish we could get your no-nonsense self over on the MoW forums to explain something about what the HELL is going on with that project, but I realize you've probably got nothing to do with it.

Hells bells I WISH I could do some good over there, it sounds like a f***ing MADHOUSE - man people are angry about that project. ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY. When the SoZ forums first went up, people mistook it for MoW and holy CRAP - even the little niblets of anger they unleashed spoke of raging torrents of pissedoffedness.

Mark my words, Ossian's got every right to be the most cheesed-off of all. I'm eager for that game same as everyone else - that and Purgatorio look radsome.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Annie Carlson said:
....... posted about something and got a... response that was... extremely nasty and insulting......
Are you sure this is right place for you to post something then?

Starwars

Arcane
Codex is different. Insults are part of the common conversation, which is why it's a good thing to lurk a bit before starting to post here.

In fact, "PG speech" would probably be more effective to use if you want to hurt a Codexer. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom