Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN2: SoZ interview at RPGVault (second part)

Xard

Novice
And it is awesome

Jonric: To wrap up the interview in our usual open-ended manner, is there anything else you would like to tell our readers at this time?

Tony Evans
: We hope (and pray and beg and plead) that our fans will appreciate all the cool new stuff we are adding, and that they will love Storm of Zehir despite its lack of a way for certain people to live out their fantasy of having a bi-curious affair with a strange-looking humanoid with tentacles for hair. However, they could try creating a Water Genasi character with high Charisma for their party, and see what happens in the game...

One other thing... in case no one else has noticed, I wanted to point out that the acronym for our game is SOZ, which means sorry in net slang. We are apologizing in advance for any impact our addictive game may have on your social life. Please play responsibly!

No snakes or dinosaurs were harmed in the making of Storm of Zehir, but you will have plenty of opportunities to damage them yourselves this winter.

lol @ stabb against romance whiners

well, I guess I need to fit in Water Genasi somehow...

Xard

Novice
racofer said:
The question remains: will they fix the camera and awful performance? I guess not.

Performance has been fine for (well, soon) over a year by now (unless you're running laptop I guess) for most of the people I know. It runs smoothly on my machine too and it is quite average.

What's wrong with strategy camera? Its good apart from the ire that you can't "lock" it. Which would indeed by good improvement

Character camera is horrible though, but no one forces one to use it.

Justin Reynard: We've added many new heritage-type feats. These are unique as they represent your character's lineage and are initially selected at level 1. Then, as you progress, you can choose more in the progression, with their strengths directly related to how many of these feats you have.

I wonder what kind they're going to be. Are they race or class dependant or are they somehow tied to backgound "feats"...

Saxon1974

Prophet
Xard said:
And it is awesome

Jonric: To wrap up the interview in our usual open-ended manner, is there anything else you would like to tell our readers at this time?

Tony Evans
: We hope (and pray and beg and plead) that our fans will appreciate all the cool new stuff we are adding, and that they will love Storm of Zehir despite its lack of a way for certain people to live out their fantasy of having a bi-curious affair with a strange-looking humanoid with tentacles for hair. However, they could try creating a Water Genasi character with high Charisma for their party, and see what happens in the game...

One other thing... in case no one else has noticed, I wanted to point out that the acronym for our game is SOZ, which means sorry in net slang. We are apologizing in advance for any impact our addictive game may have on your social life. Please play responsibly!

No snakes or dinosaurs were harmed in the making of Storm of Zehir, but you will have plenty of opportunities to damage them yourselves this winter.

lol @ stabb against romance whiners

well, I guess I need to fit in Water Genasi somehow...

Good stuff, not a fan of romance in games myself. :lol:

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Xard said:
Justin Reynard: We've added many new heritage-type feats. These are unique as they represent your character's lineage and are initially selected at level 1. Then, as you progress, you can choose more in the progression, with their strengths directly related to how many of these feats you have.
I wonder what kind they're going to be. Are they race or class dependant or are they somehow tied to backgound "feats"...
They are from Complete Mage.
HERITAGE FEATS
A heritage feat represents a specific ancestry of the character. The player and the DM are encouraged to devise a background story explaining the character's heritage, though the exact source of the ancestral link isn't crucial to the feat's operation (and might remain a mystery to the character).
A character can select a heritage feat at any level. Choosing a heritage feat after 1st level indicates that the ancestral power of the character is only now manifesting itself.
Once a character selects a heritage feat, he can't select another heritage feat unless it has his first heritage feat as a prerequisite. For instance, a character who selects Fey Heritage can't also take Fiendish Heritage, but he could select additional heritage feats that have Fey Heritage as a prerequisite (such as Fey Legacy).
FEY HERITAGE [HERITAGE]
You are descended from creatures native to the fey realms. You are naturally resistant to the most common effects produced by your ancestors.
Prerequisite: Nonlawful alignment.
Benefit: You gain a +3 bonus on Will saving throws against enchantment effects.

FEY POWER [HERITAGE]
Your fey heritage augments the power of certain types of magic.
Prerequisites: Nonlawful alignment, Fey Heritage.
Benefit: Your caster level and save DCs for enchantment spells and warlock invocations increase by 1.

FEY SKIN [HERITAGE]
Your fey heritage guards you against all weapons except those crafted from the dreaded cold iron.
Prerequisites: Nonlawful alignment, Fey Heritage.
Benefit: You gain damage reduction (overcome by cold iron) equal to 1 + the number of feats you have that list Fey Heritage as a prerequisite (including such feats that you take after gaining this one). For example, if you have Fey Skin and Fey Presence, you would have damage reduction 3/cold iron.
This value stacks with any similar damage reduction you might have from your type, subtype, race, or class, but not from other sources, such as spells or magic items.

FEY PRESENCE [HERITAGE]
You share your ancestors' knack for playing tricks on the minds of others.
Prerequisites: Nonlawful alignment, Fey Heritage, character level 6th.
Benefit: You gain the following spell-like abilities, each usable once per day: charm monster, deep slumber, and disguise self. Your caster level equals your character level.

FEY LEGACY [HERITAGE]
The magical powers of your ancestors manifest in you.
Prerequisites: Nonlawful alignment, Fey Heritage, character level 9th.
Benefit: You gain the following spell-like abilities, each usable once per day: confusion, dimension door, and summon nature's ally V. Your caster level equals your character level.
Handy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom