Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
After restarting this game 4 or 5 times I finally made a character I am satisfied with. I started out on unfair and found that a little too challenging for me, so shifted it down to hard and find it alright. I will probably move it back up once I have a better grasp of the game mechanics. Overall I am really enjoying it so far, outside of the bugs and typos which I assume will be fixed as the game goes along. Sitting at level 4 at this moment in time, quite a ways behind because of all the time I spent trying to make a character that satisfies me. If the game keeps up like this, I will be quite pleased with it.

Also, I finally stopped lurking and made a post here. Hi Codex.

This is the sign for a great game. Nobody would unlurk for PoE or Deadfire.

Thonius

Arcane
I feel like it's just bought review. Pay 200$ we'll write small article ( but won't play it) and give it score of current Steam review. New Manager - New actions.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
There is something off with le Hunt quest, probably because the location it takes place at is same where Valygar quest happens which can fuck up Hunt quest.

It did not break the game for me or anything, but I still have 2 trophy heads from that location which I have no idea what to do with, and I didn't really "feel" the whole Hunt gettin resolved.

Go back to the Hunting Lodge and claim your victory.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
cjgtsWd.png

DUDE

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
For example my lvl 4 tank has 39 AC with buff from cleric. Enemy bosses hit with +19 to hit. So they only hit on 20 (natural crit).
I can see options to get to 44 AC with lvl 4 tank with some more buffs.

What stats do enemies need to hit my tank?

Ludicrous stats.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
OK, I managed to put some time in the game in the weekend. I still like it and I believe that this feeling comes directly from the ruleset. Because other than that, I see no real reason to say that the game is better than PoE2, for example.

Contrary to what people here may have thought after my "Up your's, Sawyer!" post, i actually enjoyed Deadfire a lot (it gets better 70 hours in :troll:) for it's setting, exploration and some rare moments of brilliance in the writing. But Deadfire is a game that is constanly being sabotaged by it's design decisions, starting with dragging PoE1 protagonist into the new game. Storyline does not fit with exploration aspect, writing style does not fit with the setting and murderhobo gameplay, overcomplicated ruleset does not work well with rtwp. All parts of the game are at war with each other.

Kingmaker, from what i saw so far, is designed around a single vision and mostly succeeds at it.

Salvo

Arcane
My dislike for game journalism grows by the day.

It's been a week and there's not a single article on ANY major (or minor really) italian gaming site, fucking shills probably didn't get their bribe money. Meanwhile we have 3 different pieces about how horse testicles grow and shrink with the weather in Red Dead Redemption 2, unironically kill yourselves

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
whoever reads that shit gaming mags would complain about the difficulty and ragequit anyway. good thing they saved the money.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Lousy stats for companions so Hard on story ones is around Challenging with custom.
Actualy if you get a calculator you will see that Valerie is 27 points char, while your hero is 25 and everyone except INQ undead elf is 20 points buy.

So what? You can get a lot of points, but if they are not in proper places.

My tank has like 10 more AC than Valerie. No wonder she cant tank reliably Hard (not taking Unfair) even.

hexer

Damn, whoever did portraits for major NPCs should get some sort of medal.
Just look at these two, you know shitstorm's incoming with you in the middle from the first second of seeing them

k3FtdEY.jpg

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I am not "pro" at char building btw, but i can do 10 times better than story ones, even with less points.

And its not only point that is problem: it is feat/race/class-combo/domain/skill/heritage etc. selection. They are OK for Normal (and Challenging, if you dont mind reloads), but for Hard they just wont do.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Amiri's backstory will trigger some people. Nevertheless is still good.

67EAB66D763714F10D8643FD85E89D12A5F64FF9

3D5AB3092FF33695F51474A28E004735C5E54B87

Also some kingdom projects can be very useful.
FF589DAEFE1E70BF8ABF6FA7DB6FC9460BF89D6F

And I got my very own Perdidot Wyvern.
D37A4A8D878D1FED35F1CE45D0DFC912CB292B2E
:love:

Last edited:

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
THE FUCK!!! I can't get any halfling pussy, either a slutty elf or bowl cut boy.
Fuck this shit, if you can't romance the best girl then they shouldn't have romances in the game.

>implying that barbarian chick that you can make blush and run by telling her how strong she is isn't the best girl
>no chance to romance her too
:argh:

Thonius

Arcane
I am not "pro" at char building btw, but i can do 10 times better than story ones, even with less points.

And its not only point that is problem: it is feat/race/class-combo/domain/skill/heritage etc. selection. They are OK for Normal (and Challenging, if you dont mind reloads), but for Hard they just wont do.
The point is she got 7 points in CHA for free. And her build optimized for Stalwart Defender.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Lousy stats for companions so Hard on story ones is around Challenging with custom.
Actualy if you get a calculator you will see that Valerie is 27 points char, while your hero is 25 and everyone except INQ undead elf is 20 points buy.

So what? You can get a lot of points, but if they are not in proper places.

My tank has like 10 more AC than Valerie. No wonder she cant tank reliably Hard (not taking Unfair) even.

Are you for real,she is the best tank in the game. She have like 37 in my game,mastery in tower shields,dodge,armour focus and the best armours + AC equipment. She is always the only one standing,the dwarf is strangely very shitty at it,but still does the job.

Also diablo is a classic,that shit is old,it is from 96.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have reached the PoE point in Kingmaker where having one tanking and the rest using bows/xbows is the best approach to most of the encounters. Except the bosses of course that still wtfpwns everyone.
Far from it, a melee team with teamwork feats and rogues/caster hybrid with opportunist feat works perfectly.Greater invisbility do wonders for sneak attacks and nok nok is a beast.

Haven't found that dude yet. At the moment I just stand back, let the tanker soak up the monsters and all the others just pelts them with arrows. Works fine with minimum of fuss, no need for heal on dpsers. And the wolf the ranger got is a warrior of his own :)

It does get dicey when the game through some script decide to ambush you though, which happens from time to time. So I guess your setup would work better in those cases.

Andnjord

Arcane
Troll King status: Dead. Turns out he couldn't resist the mighty power of Hideous Laughter.

Or not, he then he tricked me by talking to me and regenerating himself :argh:
Luckily he was no match for the hasted Ekun's machinegun, Amiri's chainsaw and my magus repeat Shocking Grasp:incline:

Hell of a Monty Haul that dungeon by the way!:dance:

hexer

Holy fuck, playing this for almost a week, nowhere near to anywhere in main quests. Instructions unclear, got lost pathfinding. This blows PoE out of the water so much I can't even find a proper comparison.

Yes, I know that feeling bro!
I setup the alarm clock from Saturday to Sunday to only 3 hours so I can play more :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom