Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A devpost about Storm of Zehir that should intrest the Codex

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
PrzeSzkoda said:
So where's TWD? He's had a gift for putting the sensual in non-consensual.
He shot himself after mods refused to unban The Nameless Prick.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
racofer said:
Wow, she looks.... manly.

I will stick to my elf lesbians.
What, are you gay? I think she looks cute.

Question for Obsidian: Has the engine been optimized? I know that doing this is hard, but it would be nice to have NWN2 run as good as engines like Source and iD Tech 3. They may be FPS engines, but they run good on max settings. Many times I have played through MotB, and I have gotten lag for god knows what.

Shannow

Waster of Time
OccupatedVoid said:
racofer said:
Wow, she looks.... manly.

I will stick to my elf lesbians.
What, are you gay? I think she looks cute.

Question for Obsidian: Has the engine been optimized? I know that doing this is hard, but it would be nice to have NWN2 run as good as engines like Source and iD Tech 3. They may be FPS engines, but they run good on max settings. Many times I have played through MotB, and I have gotten lag for god knows what.

She already said that areas would be smaller with less going on to put less pressure on computers.

I'd be more interested about MoW's DRM and whether it will be hardcoded in SoZ too.
After playing Drakensang I'm not exactly eager to go back to D&D and things like fucked up DRM might be purchase descision shaping.

Texas Red

Whiner
inwoker said:
PrzeSzkoda said:
So where's TWD? He's had a gift for putting the sensual in non-consensual.
He shot himself after mods refused to unban The Nameless Prick.

I'm not your regular skirt chaser. I have a relationship with Kaiserin and I'm dedicated to it.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Shannow said:
I'd be more interested about MoW's DRM and whether it will be hardcoded in SoZ too.

MoW is an adventure pack and will be distributed only via internet, that protection system is specifically made for this situation. I remember reading somewhere on the Obsidian forums that SoZ will have the same CD-key based protection system that's been used so far. Ultimately, this stuff does not depend on Obsidian anyway, it's Atari's call, so hope they don't have a change of heart regarding SoZ.

Murk

Arcane
Gotta love the questions (racofer, gragt?) that went along the lines of "So Annie, as a woman, are you... human?"

I am totally happy that you're actually answering questions here though, and that you have a very sporting attitude about how retarded this place gets at times.

Xard

Novice
butsomuch said:
Xard said:
it's not like that area is chockful with devs

Orange County Business Journal: "Game Companies Taking Office Space at Faster Clip" (2008-08-14) - Blizzard, Obsidian, Red 5 Studios, K2 Network, Point of View Inc, NHN Corp.

:D

...so, I went to check his OE forum profile and he had his dev tag. People who leave OE lose it.

besides, him leaving the company doesn't make any sense anyway.

the rumor started - I guess - because he apparently isn't working on AP anymore

Warden

Arbiter
Annie Carlson said:
- areas will be smaller on the whole and more... digestable? ...

1) Oh come on... smaller than what? Smaller than the small (outdoor) areas of the OC and MotB? What will it look like - 10 seconds to cross an area (down from 20 sec of the OC/MotB)?
Nothing compares to the feel of a large outdoor area, a large wood for example, where you have the feeling you can lose yourself in it - and discover something not all will (which is totally not the case in a 100 x 100 cm area). Screw performance when I have to feel claustrophobia in an outdoor area.

2) I'd like to know about the gold inflow. Was this balanced having in mind the cost of healing potions and the cost of buying raise dead? Will we have enough money to buy 10000 healing potions and still have money for 1000 'raise dead' at the local church? I hope not. Will respawning monsters be an endless gold vein?
There is still time to raise the cost of raise dead and healing potions. ;)
No free healing at the local priest, pretty please.

3) What about monsters' onhit effects? I mean.. the thing that makes fights interesting are the special properties of a given monster - mainly the on-hit effects when you get hit by it. There are a ton of options for diversity.. from stuns to blindness, lifesteal etc. Will you follow the standard d&d rulebook folklore or spice a bit some monsters' on-hit properties? You were pretty conservative with it in the OC and in MotB. Not much imagination was invested in this department sadly..
Will there be hags in SoZ? It would be cool to have a hag with these on hit properties: lifesteal, blindness (fortitude save), confusion (will save) and sneak attacks. :D Blindness + sneak attacks is a good combo.
(Sadly, in SoZ they'll add a 2nd level cleric spell which gives you immunity to critical hits and sneak attacks..yes, WTF. Please, make it last 1 round/level. Damn imbalanced D&D).

4) You should introduce some kind of penality for swapping items in combat. -5 to AC for 2 rounds or something. "Oh my, now I'm going to take that shield which is large as a door - no problem, done" "Nope, changed my mind, I'll pull that large sword from my bag now".. "Oh, and now, I'm gonna change my belt".. No, please. Making items unchangable during combat (as is the case with armor) would be the best.

PS. If you mean real death to perma regeneration you should modify one bard inspiration which grants perma regeneration to the whole party. That's better than any perma regeneration item out there.

Thanks for the answers in advance, Obsidian devs! :D

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Mikayel said:
Gotta love the questions (racofer, gragt?) that went along the lines of "So Annie, as a woman, are you... human?"

I already knew she was human, I wanted to see if she had balls.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
LCJr. said:
So my question to you guys is this. 5-10 years down the road do you see yourself going completely batshit crazy and hiding inside a homemade bunker with just a PC spamming the internet with bizarre racist and apocalypse theories?

We are rapidly approaching the completion of the thirteenth B'ak'tun cycle in the Long Count of the Maya calendar on December 21, 2012.

Prepare your basements accordingly.

Murk

Arcane
I agree, i too love balls on women.

Also, as a note, you can feel free to ignore Warden - he complains about everything d&d related and is never pleased.

at least i think warden is a he.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Warden said:
Nothing compares to the feel of a large outdoor area, a large wood for example, where you have the feeling you can lose yourself in it
Unfortunately, I haven't had any similar experiences with any NWN or NWN 2 campaign or mod. And I'm missing this feeling in these games. Basically, you always know you're in a relatively small rectangular area, you just have to live with it. Not good for exploration.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
I can't believe you forgot about Sawyer. That makes it 5. Now if Avellone will remember about his account Codex will officially become an Obsidian (cocksucking) forum.
There is also Feargus. That guy was a very good poster and has a good sense of humor, as evidenced by this post he made many moons ago:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... 6cfb57e99d
Feargus Urquhart said:
I always try to huff and puff while I'm fisting . I think it's the only way to really get that extra push in at the end.
Now if only he and Boyarsky would get off their asses and post here again. Hopefully they could do so while not having to experience so much embarrassing sucking up like what was seen in this thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom