Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

This time I am playing some Doom (2016).

Although probably considered popamole shit by the codex it is an extremely fun and relaxing gameplay loop. It is fun to pretend the monsters are some of my coworkers.
Since I am considered a very young person in the industry I am expected to work shitton of overtime hours and therefore have very little time to game.
This means I have very little time for janky rpgs unfortunately despite how much I love them. Hope a new AAA rpg comes out soon.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The Lord of War user made map HoMM 3.

I spent most of the weekend on it, and so far I've defeated 1 of 7 enemies, and mapped a small corner of the map.
"Big is Beautiful" seems to be the motto of the mapmaker.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I spent most of my weekend on Warband.
I stopped being a foot soldier and pledged myself as a vassal to the Khan.
I got a village near one of the major city. Spent time improving its prosperity. Trained militia, brought grain, cattle etc. They're pretty happy to pay taxes and provide me with fresh recruits.
Wooed a lady Mechet after winning a tournament. She was OK with marrying but said her brother Nasugei Noyan may object. I had to convince him that I'm a good guy. That involves capturing a Vaegir boyar and handing it over to him. But there's still the matter of a 6000 gold dowry. That cost me a lot of money. I kinda regretted it. I should've gone for a noblewoman with better connections. The wedding was postponed many times cause the Vaegirs were putting up a spirited fight. But they crumbled after some intense week-long engagements and I got married with Mechet on the next feast at Tulga.

Was given control of a formerly-Vaegir castle too, surprised that I got it at all. Told the guard captain to just keep recruiting Rhodok Tribesmen and train them to crossbowmen. Could be an ace in the sleeve.
Vaegirs tried to stage a revival after losing their last city. With the remainder of their army, they raised enough men to recapture two cities. Was quite alarmed. And had to defend my castle. The 50 crossbowmen decimated the Vaegir heavy cavalry as we stood behind a river crossing. The dumb Boyar led the charge. It was a glorious slaughter.
We recaptured the two cities. And I managed to influence enough noble to be granted control of Reyvadin, a city near my current Castle.

All is good.

At the end of the 8-hour session, I got up and said 'OK I'm done for now!'
I stepped out of my room and the maid asked 'How do you even endure sitting down playing games all day long?'

'I breathe.'

The curry cup ramen tasted better last night.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Been playing some Frostpunk lately. The game is....cool
:yeah:
(and eventually becomes harder than it initially seems to be)

Esteban5XG

Literate
Right now I'm crazy about "We happy few", really similar to Bioshock, but lore is so deep... just simply loving the game. The game narrative puts you in UK after world war II ( I guess), where Germany defeated you and society lives under the control of some strange medical pills which people feel extremely happy. At this point, you start the game with the interesting decission to take the pill or not. Depending on your choice, the game will be so differente by then.

Highly recommended!

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I'm playing Morrowind seriously for the first time. I said seriously because I've never been capable of getting further than Balmora, other games and things tended to get my attention. Now I'm fully on this. I've installed a big visual mod to improve the most obvious improvable thing of the game. Not sure if it improves or breaks the "inmershun" of the game.

4b7e1aa929ecdae19881ef26699a412eo.png

5b33df44fce1911bb9e65c338f911218o.png

17b6691e11d181b3d5861881e1f869b2o.png

be56e555cdceaf52bab51e4589d37138o.png

ec5f3cfec7fb762c7302e4c86766bddfo.png

8ca7a77927dea60d083a46dd6b274c2co.png

With a spaniard translation, of course. Loving the sensation of progression and getting my character better. That satisfaction for having your character fully heavy armored and then get butt-raped in a random cave because your character is not just good enough.

Also, I'm thinking in giving a chance to both No one lives forever games.

I'm playing Morrowind seriously for the first time. I said seriously because I've never been capable of getting further than Balmora, other games and things tended to get my attention. Now I'm fully on this. I've installed a big visual mod to improve the most obvious improvable thing of the game. Not sure if it improves or breaks the "inmershun" of the game.

With a spaniard translation, of course. Loving the sensation of progression and getting my character better. That satisfaction for having your character fully heavy armored and then get butt-raped in a random cave because your character is not just good enough.

Also, I'm thinking in giving a chance to both No one lives forever games.

What the actual fuck that doesnt even look like morrowind

That actually looks better than boreds tail 4

Deleted member 7219

The problem with some of the texture mods is how they can make Balmora and other Hlaalu / Redoran architecture look like utter shit.

Can't remember the one I settled on but I had to shop around a bit.

Prime Junta

Played a game of Civ V. The gods of RNG gave me Haile Selassie on an island map. I led Ethiopia to a glorious cultural victory (with the Order ideology, natch). (King difficulty, past that it feels too unfair to be fun.)

The AI really can't into navies. My first (and only genuinely important) war was when America backstabbed me (as it WOULD), and I obliterated his forces by buying a couple of galleasses with my emergency backstabbing war fund, and bombarding them to pulp. Then rolled into New York and annexed it for a nice early-game advantage.

A bit later I joined Ashurbanipal to my south in another war against him and snagged Washington DC. We left what was left of his empire between our glorious nations as a stunted buffer state, and continued as ironclad allies all the way to the end. Nice guy, Ashurbanipal. I guess I had misjudged him from previous games.

After that I was in the #2 spot, with Pacal of the Maya holding #1. Then Pacal got into a ruinous war with his neighbour Shaka, which sorted out that problem. Catherine of Russia tried to backstab me but I got intel on it first, and when she sent an invasion fleet, I sank it. She was most upset from me from there on out, going to the point of adopting the Autocracy ideology -- but my superior Order prevailed and a violent revolution forced her to join the Communist bloc, even if she remained something of a Tito to my Stalin. Before then, she did make one more stab at taking me down, by allying with Pedro of Brazil and Swylawablwewswoup of Siam and launching a concerted attack, but they too fell before my invincible navy, and I ended up with two more capitals in my empire.

At that point I was already well on the exponential curve; only thing that could have stopped me at that time would have been everybody else uniting against me. In a game against human opponents that would very likely have happened, but not with the AI. So from there on out it was just cruisin'. I took down Pacal and then grabbed Shaka's capital to pass the time, but other than that it was easy-peasy.

Really, Ashurbanipal was an excellent comrade.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Stardew Valley: cute game I guess, I remember Harvest Moon 64 being somewhat more of a a challenge, by day 4 I had already accumulated enough resources to exponentially increase my wealth with the only barrier being my patience to water crops gonna get iron watering can which should increase distance of watered tiles some more with sprinkles for support and I'll be a millionaire by the time spring comes again.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Finished Trine - Enchanted Ediition.
Another dropped title (back then when I got less than 50 games on Steam), don't know why didn't bother with it earlier,it's p. short.
Heard that last level got people a lot of trouble? Not in my case tho.
Oh and had to play windowed with everything on LOW because my GPU sounds like a jet engine when game was running. Even louder than after intense seassion with Path of Exile.

Now messing with ZRift wad for ZDoom that brings Chasm - The Rift weapons and enemies to the game, bitmaps and textures are too dark compared to other mods, gonna check from time to time if there is any progress.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
XCOM 2.
Fuck me I forgot how bullshit alien rulers are. What a load of gimmicky shit, and the fact that you have to pay for an expansion to make them less bullshit is just insulting. Piss off Soloman ya wee morman cunt.
The tools they give you to deal with them are just pathetic. Oh yay, the frost bomb freezes them for a whopping one action. That's totally useful and will absolutely save you from that Archon fucker's devastate ability. Greaaat.

BlackGoat

Arbiter
Finally finished off Fallout New Vegas (great game and while I enjoyed the DLC I would probably ignore them on future playthroughs), Wiz 7 on hiatus til I replenish my enthusiasm, S-ranking Thumper hardcore, making my way through the Plague Knight DLC for Shovel Knight, and finally dipping my toes into Pool of Radiance and really digging it

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I tried a Heavy Infantry Nord Army run in Warband and man, it's nice seeing them not dying so much in siege melee but the slow map speed is killing me.
Even with good pathfinding, it's still not enough to make up for the slower rate of income compared to full cavalry army.
In comparison, my high-cost cavalry army consisting of Mercenary Cavalry & Slaver Chiefs are raking in mad cash as I travel from one hot spot to another, liquidating captives at fast rates / completing quests.

mastroego

Arcane
I'm trying Elder Sign: Omes (digital version).

Thought to myself "let's try some nice little game to kill some time".
HOLY shit.

Humppaleka

Cipher
I love the board game. The digital (on mobile) is pretty good for killing time when travelling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom