Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Make the game moddable? Yes/No/Kingcomrade

Crawfish

Novice
Skald said:
Merilindia said:
I knew that the ending of the MotB sucked, but I didn't realise just how MUCH, until I finally finished it. From the Supplicant Gate on, the game was so lame, it hurt. Meh. I can't believe how stupid it was. Killing Arman at every turn, not even seeing Akachi after restoring him, the boring drag through 4 churches, unimpressive Wall section, couldn't even ask about Bishop, being Tsk'd by Kelemvor and having a distinctevly MALE character in the king of all lame epilogues.

Merilindia said:
Uhm, I liked the OC ending much more. It was drammatic and bitter-sweet when I thought that we all died trying to defeat an overwhelming foe.

I don't think I need to comment that, Vaarna.
I think it's the best insight I can offer about her.

I actually agree with her on this.

MotB was a fricking awesome game. I loved it, and plan on replaying it soon.

But the ending sucked balls. It made me want to vomit when the narrator went on and on about how I took to travelling the planes, leading endless adventures that would have put the ones we actually played through to shame, living in practically eternal bliss with my one true love at my side, etc. Vomit.

Maybe I just wanted to get the fuck back home after being kidnapped, open up a pub, and become fat while banging whores on top of the big pile of gold I'd amassed. Conclusions should wrap-up what you've accomplished and address the ramifications of the choices you made without projecting forward, railroading the rest of your character's entire life.

Plus, it had the worst visuals presented during the purge-inducing narration I've seen in many years. If they felt the need to show static pictures rather than something that incorporated your actual character model, they could have at least shown some tastefully designed abstracts or vague sepia/charcoal drawings along the lines of the cutscenes in Icewind Dale. It looked incredibly jarring to have realist paintings with those blackhole representations of your character. And, as Merilinda (whoever that is) pointed out, the blackhole was for a male character, even if you played through as a female.

Skald

Novice
Crawfish - Okay, I see where you're coming from. But seriously :

Merilindia said:
Uhm, I liked the OC ending much more. It was drammatic and bitter-sweet when I thought that we all died trying to defeat an overwhelming foe.

Merilindia said:
Uhm, I liked the OC ending much more.

You see, Merlindia just wanted to save Bishop, with whom she had a imaginary romance. Complaining that the game doesn't allow her to do that is...dumb.

Radisshu

Prophet
Merilindia said:

What the fuck is bitter-sweet about being crushed by rocks?

Micmu

Magister
What the fuck is bitter-sweet about being crushed by rocks?
Sweet? That shittacular NPCs were finally snuffed out so HOPEFULLY no more neeska and whatever whiny stereotype elf bitch in the SoZ.

Micmu

Magister
Lesifoere said:
Neeshka survived--you're told so in MotB.

I'm so sorry. :(
Damn I forgot that.
At least one elf was squashed (or so you're told). I hope it's that whiny druid whatwashername, and not Sand - he was acceptable as well as Ammon. :)

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Skald said:
I only liked Ammon from that band.

For several minutes only - he was as stupid/naive as the rest of the gang. C'mon - a fucking savage can influence a "powerful" mage by paying him some basic compliments?

Oh, how I yearn for an RPG where party-NPCs will try to fuck you over or at least be a little smarter...

Skald

Novice
micmu said:
I only like Amon Amarth.

It's shit.

And about influence system - it's all about ass-kissing anyway. Wish they'd improve it.
Still, if you ignore that dumbfuckery, Ammon was the best character from that band - and that's what I said. Not that he's a brilliant one.

MetalCraze

Arcane
micmu said:
At least one elf was squashed (or so you're told). I hope it's that whiny druid whatwashername, and not Sand - he was acceptable as well as Ammon. :)

She gets squashed only if you've decided to keep her in your party and haven't told her to GTFO during that meeting with druids. If you did - she survives.
Choices and Consequences.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, as long as I won't have to see Elanee EVER again. I still have to survive the Bishop Romance mod's MotB edition (why would someone inflict such shitty writing on such an excellent game?!?!? Monster!!!)... What do I do for teh lulz...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom