Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Canus

Savant
So.... this buggy buggy game...
Loading time work arounds
I know this will bring the professionally offended purists nightmares. However, there are mods that allow your party to ignore encumbrance. this is particularly useful in cleaning up the game for better load times. The reason the games load times become more and more atrocious the further you progress, is due in fact, that all the items left on the ground by enemies and opened containers remain cached, to then be loaded back into the world at the place they were dropped. The more enemies you kill, the more you leave behind, the worse your load times will accumulate.

This fortuanantly can be fixed with a bit of proactive work by the player, all you have to do is enable an encumbrance mod upon entering an instanced area and upon exit of its various levels loot everything you left behind. When you get back to the travel map from your adventure, and this is the tedious part, comb your inventory for all the things you do not want to sell and decide to drop them on the world map. this item will be deleted as there is no instance to leave them in, and in turn will free up the cache. You can then just disable the encumbrance mod and travel will affect you as it would have all along.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/1735468693691456020/
They should just implement either manual destruction of items, or a timed despawn. It's common sense ffs...
Is this not the issue that POE1 had?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ran into the first proper bug, Ch2 - quest with loggers and dryad hopelessly broken outcomes.
I just did that quest yesterday with my second character.
I told loggers to stand down and told nymph that we will get her new trees (feather tokens). Then I used diplomacy on loggers that they need to buy them and give them to nymph. Then half of them go way. Talking to Nymph makes her release the loggers and you get XP. Talking to main logger dude then you can ask for a reward and you get more stuff and quest finished.
On my first character I used option to go into combat and killed the nymph and two loggers she had charmed

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Ran into the first proper bug, Ch2 - quest with loggers and dryad hopelessly broken outcomes.
I told loggers to stand down and told nymph that we will get her new trees (feather tokens). Then I used diplomacy on loggers that they need to buy them and give them to nymph. Then half of them go way. Talking to Nymph makes her release the loggers and you get XP. Talking to main logger dude then you can ask for a reward and you get more stuff and quest finished.
On my first character I used option to go into combat and killed the nymph and two loggers she had charmed
Yeah, it's semi finishable. It's just the final woodsman who keeps saying you got his guys killed.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I never seen class options before, this is second time. Was it always there or did they begin to add/unbug them?

GDbCD3G.jpg
Did this quest 2 or 3 days ago with lawful good monk and didn't see this option.

I also finished thy nymph vs loggers quest, though I noticed it's glitchy as well.

I talked to the nymph, then persuaded loggers to look elsewhere for wood. That bitch nymph is still not happy though, but if I succeed at intimidating her she leaves and takes the two loggers with her to drown I guess, because the foreman says they are dead. Not sure if this is intended, but if yes, succeeding at skill checks is not always optimal. Anyway, I go to buy the damn tokens, give them to her (wish there was a "And now piss off!" dialogue to that), collect the reward from loggers, quest completed. But the nymph is still there, and if I talk to her she says that she did not want bloodshed and runs away crying. This from the same person that threatens to drown the two loggers. What a bitch.

hell bovine

Arcane
They should just implement either manual destruction of items, or a timed despawn. It's common sense ffs...
There is a mod that does just that:
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/39
"How it works
- The largest amount of memory uses the statistic.json file. The mod watches him and does not allow to grow above a limit.
- The mod adds a new "Clean" button to the loot window when you leaving any zone. It removes all loot and NPS corpses from current scene, that will further help to reduce size of your saves."

Unity mod loader thingy refuses to install on my gog game version, however, so I couldn't test it yet.

ArchAngel

Arcane
There is a mod that does just that:
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/39
"How it works
- The largest amount of memory uses the statistic.json file. The mod watches him and does not allow to grow above a limit.
- The mod adds a new "Clean" button to the loot window when you leaving any zone. It removes all loot and NPS corpses from current scene, that will further help to reduce size of your saves."

Unity mod loader thingy refuses to install on my gog game version, however, so I couldn't test it yet.
In the linked topic they mentioned that mod, people said that it can cause your save games to no longer work.

Parabalus

Arcane

I did the same, but talking to the main logger the dialogue mentions the loggers she released are dead.

hell bovine

Arcane
One pair growing from his shoulders, one pair from his ass. Improved flight mode.
Ass wings should give another batch of dodge AC tbh.
Also a bonus to dodge Reg's romantic advances.

On a side note, I'd like a quality of life improvement option: label all romantic dialogues as such. I can't really rp a good aligned character anymore, because everyone seems to take being nice as an invitation. :lol:

ArchAngel

Arcane

I did the same, but talking to the main logger the dialogue mentions the loggers she released are dead.
True, but the quest still finishes and you get some rewards.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I had to give up on Nok-Nok because it seems that it was the AI's Chosen One. He died each fight so ... fuck it.
how are you playing him? As a tank? Replacing Amiri with Nok-Nok has made my life so much easier on insane. The guy has not died even once so far and dishes out insane amount of damage. And he'll only get better as he becomes skilled in his new hobby - vivisection.

He is behind the tanks and he was good until I've reached the Bloom dungeon but then he started getting raped by the spiders.

There are at least 2 ambushes in the Bloom dungeon and Nok-Nok is going down fast.
But how? He is super agile, has great mobility and with haste can run away from most things (even on webbed surface) in a second's time. Also, what's his ac? what's the armor you've given to him? Assassin armor I suppose? his ac should be comfortably in 37-40 area.
In my run of the Bloom area he had a +5 bracers of armor. Best combination with his +9 Dex modifier.
assassin armor is 8 +5 allowable dex. If you take light armor focus it edges bracers + naked nok-nok (perish the thought) by one point. On the other hand you could mutagen + robe him and... god, he'd be practically invulnerable then. And our friend toro here keeps telling us Nokkie dies every fight. Just hooow.
ok, that armor must be something high level. Season of Bloom is Act 3, I doubt that armor is available there.
Assassin armor is available in chapter 2, although you need to kill a greater cyclops for it IIRC
What map is that? I am now in start of Act 4 and I don't remember getting that armor. Only Cyclops I found was in that Box in the Silverlake village and I didn't find any armor there.
It's deep in woods near verdant chambers, very small map, with only this encounter.

Don't have it. I will look for it.

Found it.

7275AE48BE63921199E72A371AF5301D736CF8A4

It's guarded by a big Worm Slug or something like this. The Cyclop is more to the South.

Good armor but Nok-Nok is out of my party for now.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I had to give up on Nok-Nok because it seems that it was the AI's Chosen One. He died each fight so ... fuck it.
how are you playing him? As a tank? Replacing Amiri with Nok-Nok has made my life so much easier on insane. The guy has not died even once so far and dishes out insane amount of damage. And he'll only get better as he becomes skilled in his new hobby - vivisection.

He is behind the tanks and he was good until I've reached the Bloom dungeon but then he started getting raped by the spiders.

There are at least 2 ambushes in the Bloom dungeon and Nok-Nok is going down fast.
But how? He is super agile, has great mobility and with haste can run away from most things (even on webbed surface) in a second's time. Also, what's his ac? what's the armor you've given to him? Assassin armor I suppose? his ac should be comfortably in 37-40 area.
In my run of the Bloom area he had a +5 bracers of armor. Best combination with his +9 Dex modifier.
assassin armor is 8 +5 allowable dex. If you take light armor focus it edges bracers + naked nok-nok (perish the thought) by one point. On the other hand you could mutagen + robe him and... god, he'd be practically invulnerable then. And our friend toro here keeps telling us Nokkie dies every fight. Just hooow.
ok, that armor must be something high level. Season of Bloom is Act 3, I doubt that armor is available there.
Assassin armor is available in chapter 2, although you need to kill a greater cyclops for it IIRC
What map is that? I am now in start of Act 4 and I don't remember getting that armor. Only Cyclops I found was in that Box in the Silverlake village and I didn't find any armor there.
It's deep in woods near verdant chambers, very small map, with only this encounter.

Don't have it. I will look for it.

Found it.

7275AE48BE63921199E72A371AF5301D736CF8A4

It's guarded by a big Worm Slug or something like this. The Cyclop is more to the South.

Good armor but Nok-Nok is out of my party for now.
That is 2 ac worse than giving nok nok a +5 bracers of armor and I am not sure if other two bonuses armor gives can make up for it. It would work better as a mithril chainshirt.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Some spoilers from chapter 2 or 3.

Stumbling upon an awesome guy ... with 35 AC.
935BE1EA374B0272DBE6505ED1C171DB5B8FF936

Return of investment on all those points wasted on Persuation.
4F1F5E3FD187671EA14F4487DDE5834EC80200EA

Sweat revenge is best served cold or something like that.
356AA051AE67C8871E663635238CF7D09B77142C

No more deaths for me. I love this spell :)
E296A94C4E6650EE5A76846358E8C05073A7E7CD

*I know Tristain is a traitor

:negative:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Fun is verboten.

57358BCC1D7546003431A62E7B7967DE1158188A
Seems you waited too long to do main quests.

I don't think so (I still had like 243 days or some after finishing Season of Bloom). It's a stupid bug.
7B326E0B4C89643121842CB9398EF6A0323868AC

But I did save both Jhod and Kesten therefore it is possible that my game got bugged.

Edit: It looks like I got fucked. If you do the combo: go fast womb of lamashu to save Kesten and then Capital to save Jhod ... the game will consider that Jhod is dead and Season of Bloom has not ended.

This is what I get for trying to be clever. Great scripting. Time to reload.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
One pair growing from his shoulders, one pair from his ass. Improved flight mode.
Ass wings should give another batch of dodge AC tbh.
Also a bonus to dodge Reg's romantic advances.

On a side note, I'd like a quality of life improvement option: label all romantic dialogues as such. I can't really rp a good aligned character anymore, because everyone seems to take being nice as an invitation. :lol:

:mixedemotions:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom