Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Not only is it needlessly obtuse to know what is on discount or any new releases,
You're welcome:
pH2iXYW.png

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You're welcome:

Except you have to scroll down and click through pages and pages of stuff. Instead of having a handy list ready like it was before. You can access the handy list, but you have to scroll all the way down to the news posts and find the article for the sale, click that and click the link in the article. That's what I mean by needlessly obtuse. It's not hard, just not elegant and has too many pointless clicks.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Not only is it needlessly obtuse to know what is on discount or any new releases,
You're welcome:
pH2iXYW.png

When you check out the "Now on sale" section, you will see a total of 21 games discounted. There currently are 33 games discounted.

All your screenshot proves is what a complete and utter failure the redesign is.
Clicking on the Sales tab is one click, and it is under the top Store tab. They can't shove everything in one page, so obviously some of them has to be put under a different tab.

Last edited by a moderator:

hellbent

Augur
New site design is "awesome" - I posted a review of Legend of Grimrock and it vanished along with the "write a review" button. GOG support told me that it is a common problem and they are working on it.

I guess that 10th anniversary must have took them by surprise and they did not manage to test the new site on time, or even show it to someone with any sense of aesthetics.

The other day I noticed that GOG's new code monkeys accidentally reversed the "helpful" review ratings for a day or so. In other words, if 10 out of 50 GOGers actually found a review helpful, the system reversed the numbers and showed that 40 out of 50 thought the review was helpful.

The result was that typical shitty 1/5 reviews by people bitching about their Mac not running a game or others crying about pricing were viewed as "most helpful" for a bit there.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Reading about how bad the new GOG redesign isn't quite the same as actually experiencing it for yourself. Yikes. The splash page advertisement before allowing me to go to the actual site is the cherry on top of the shit cake. And just as I was beginning to migrate from Steam to GOG too. I'll have to rethink my plans again since the site is an embarrassing mess.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not sure if it is possible not to own The Witcher 1 at this point, but it is currently free on GOG.

https://af.gog.com/game/the_witcher?as=1649904300
No it isn't, unless the offer expired less than 16 minutes ago. :?

In the process of looking the game up, I found that typing something in the search bar and pressing Enter no longer brings up a separate page of results. Oh GOG, is there anything about your website you've yet to ruin at this point?

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Not sure if it is possible not to own The Witcher 1 at this point, but it is currently free on GOG.

https://af.gog.com/game/the_witcher?as=1649904300
No it isn't, unless the offer expired less than 16 minutes ago. :?

In the process of looking the game up, I found that typing something in the search bar and pressing Enter no longer brings up a separate page of results. Oh GOG, is there anything about your website you've yet to ruin at this point?

It is free, just refresh the page few times until you get 100% off, I added it as a gift.

mck

Cipher
there's a few good deals on some FPS games if you don't already have them

(Blood 1 & 2, Clive Barker's Undying)

Boleskine

Arcane
The absence of a 'list' display instead of grid is a strange design decision.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom