Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
In other world (bloom chapter) - how do I know when to unequip that thrice damned lantern and when to equip it back? God, this is a chore. Why did they have to do this? Things were going so well, killed about hundred spidah's and now this nonsense.

Other than the special area transition you just jump between two similiar, but not identical areas, when you walk through the fog without the lantern equiped. Explore both, then go to the NW, unequip the lantern and go through the fog to find the flower.
keep getting lost every fucking time. Who the hell thought this would be fun?

There are two areas/worlds, very similar but not identical. You have to pay attention to a couple of details.

Without the lantern you are teleported from one world to another, but with the lantern you are staying in the world you are.

Also there is a puzzle involving the bird. The solution was already written in this thread.

Yosharian

Arcane
Wow, bard thundercaller turns out to be super powerful. They trade inspire competence (eh) for a 10-foot sound blast that STUNS enemies. With lingering performance, you can inspire courage and then spend two rounds blasting and stunning everyone. That's on top of the usual arcane spellcasting. It just werks.

The tooltip lies, however: it's not a fortitude but reflex save to avoid the stun. Still, a lot of chances to deny enemies a lot of things: dex AC, flat 2 AC, THE ABILITY TO TAKE ACTION (!), and some CMD. Wew! I haven't gotten to the point of getting storm call, but if it works with inspire courage, it's just a cherry on top of a very strong class!
Wait, using the Thunder Call ability while Inspire Courage is Lingering is supposed to stop the Lingering effect, are you saying it doesn't?

A thundercaller gains the following types of bardic performance.

Thunder Call (Su): At 3rd level, the thundercaller can use her performance to unleash a deafening peal of thunder. This allows the thundercaller to spend a round of performance to create an effect similar to the spell sound burst (having the same range and area and allowing the same saving throw). At 7th level, the sonic damage that is dealt by this blast of sound increases to 3d8. This damage further increases to 5d8 at 11th level, 7d8 at 15th level, and 9d8 at 19th level.

This performance replaces inspire competence.

Lingering Performance:

If you begin a new bardic performance during this time, the effects of the previous performance immediately cease.

Also if it is provoking a Reflex save this is a bug and it will be changed to Fortitude. It will be changed, right Owlcat??

Anyway, this is kind of hilarious considering that Thundercaller is already an incredibly powerful archetype, it definitely didn't need any extra help like this.

It does persist even after you have cast thunder call, yes. I didn't know it shouldn't. I guess Owlcats are rebels like that.

Probably unintended behaviour.
Man. That's crazy. That makes Thundercaller so much more powerful.

Shadenuat

Arcane
What's the next BS encounter, according to you?
Any Monster Closet without hints / ability to use Perception / cast True Sight / You must activate dialogue before killing enemy / forced teleport into party positioning you did not order is BS according to me.

The Wisp is telegraphed and is just a check on basic math on how to reach Attack of ~40 at levels 3-5 for people who like this sort of thing / easter egg.

The actual BS encounters are different and I can give a pretty long list. Well, not super long but half a dozen examples on how some fights can be improved easily.

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Guys, i play with Mercenary team, is there anywhere in-game i am prohibited from using mercs?

Also, where are meta-magic rods except Oleg's and one rod in capital?

RegionalHobo

Scholar
Guys, i play with Mercenary team, is there anywhere in-game i am prohibited from using mercs?

i don t remember where i looted my metamagic rods. i do know that sharel in north norm city ( one of the two artisans there ) gives a robe that s better than the maximize rod.

well you can go with mercs everywhere, only exception being companion quests that need the companion to enter the region.

Yosharian

Arcane

i don t remember where i looted my metamagic rods. i do know that sharel in north norm city ( one of the two artisans there ) gives a robe that s better than the maximize rod.

well you can go with mercs everywhere, only exception being companion quests that need the companion to enter the region.
Can you 'store' one of your mercs in order to bring along a companion just to complete that particular quest?

Gregz

Arcane

Can you 'store' one of your mercs in order to bring along a companion just to complete that particular quest?

Yes

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So has anyone figured out what the statures of Moon and Sun in Dwarven fortress do?
I changed symbols to what the room with both statues show and I didn't notice that anything happened.

There are 2 secrets in lower floor and 1 in the same floor. Upper part is near painter kobold guy. Below there is a big ass rune on the wall which you need to match. And the last one is in kobold school.
Also if you ally with kobolds one of them sell all the things you missed when you revisit the fortress.

Yosharian

Arcane

Yes
Fabulous.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
I'm really liking the game so far. Loading times (even when installed on an SSD) are killing it a bit, though. The kingdom management is a bit of a busy work as well (it's just a money sink for buying the building points). But overall, it's very fun, even if you're getting hopelessly wiped every now and then.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyone can confirm that removing unlooted items fixes the loading times?!

ArchAngel

Arcane
So is there a good way to raise Espionage? I've got everything else at at least 200, with most over 300 and economy at nearly 500, but that one is just lagging. It's also the only stat in which the rank up hasn't bugged out.
By doing espionage missions successfully. Also make watchtowers in all your villages. If you got no room, bring down other buildings to make room.

pomenitul

Arbiter
Anyone else experiencing sudden and intermittent FPS drops since last week's hotfixes (or whereabouts)? It'll abruptly go from, say, 90+ to 70, and this split-second choppiness occurs every 2-3 minutes or so. Not gamebreaking but certainly distracting. Incidentally, I've been having the same issue with Deadfire since launch so I suspect it's Unity-related (PoE1 and Tyranny are oddly unaffected, though). I have a GTX 1070 (with a G-Sync compatible monitor) by the way, and games like TW3 or DO:SII are graphically smooth throughout.

Shadenuat

Arcane
So is there a good way to raise Espionage? I've got everything else at at least 200, with most over 300 and economy at nearly 500, but that one is just lagging. It's also the only stat in which the rank up hasn't bugged out.
By doing espionage missions successfully. Also make watchtowers in all your villages. If you got no room, bring down other buildings to make room.
Create whole kobold/goblin villages with dance halls where they can dance and brothels where they can--
eats BP like crazy though

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Is there a way to cheat with the kingdom events... basically when you enter a spiral of "Crumbling" it's so hard to come out. Also I am totally uninterested with it.

I am stuck with a DC20 problem, and my warden is 20+1 lol...

Last edited:

Ibbz

Augur
new hotfix. 10.0.13c. This one is only 8.8 Mb. Who knows what it fix and what it breaks...
From someone on Steam -

"We have got a report last night about the issue that the game could get stuck while loading the save files at the last chapter. We don’t want to leave this bug open for the upcoming weekend. So here is a speedy hotfix (just this issue)."

I reported the issue 2 days ago (emailed the save games / log through to them), and I just tested it - seems resolved :)

Elex

Arbiter
Sleep at camp full of dead bodies whose items weren't taken (clearly not the work of scavangers lke the little creatures that live). Shocked that a dangerous monster uses it as a trap to lure idio9ts to sleep. LMAO the funny and best troll for this little thing is the 'reward' you get for it - measily xp and some random loser gem. :P

Reminds me of some of those one enemy on a small map fights. Some fo them give you a greta item or two. Others are WTF. :P And, the difficulty of the fight isn't always relevant to the trophy. :P
i will try it in my next D&D campaign.

“IT’S STUPID BUT WE MUST DO IT”

Shadenuat

Arcane
I reported the issue 2 days ago (emailed the save games / log through to them), and I just tested it - seems resolved :)
Yeah but Curse mechanic and NPCs are still there unresolved so anyone who tries to go through True Endgame is still fucked

Elex

Arbiter
I got it. Instead of wisp this encounter should summon 3 kobolds so player can kill them quick and at any level.
Actually EVERY encounter in the game should be 3 kobolds.

Disagree. It should be prostitute, so the played caould fuck her.
Actually 3 prostitute for every encounter, for big time orgy.
the game already have discussion about what god have the best orgies.

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter
So has anyone figured out what the statures of Moon and Sun in Dwarven fortress do?
I changed symbols to what the room with both statues show and I didn't notice that anything happened.

There are 2 secrets in lower floor and 1 in the same floor. Upper part is near painter kobold guy. Below there is a big ass rune on the wall which you need to match. And the last one is in kobold school.
Also if you ally with kobolds one of them sell all the things you missed when you revisit the fortress.
there are more secrets than the hideen armor?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom