Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 28: Medieeevvaallll Times

Infinitum

Scholar
Looks like we're not getting an 8th player anytime soon. How about we do a rollcall and then go for an ordinay FFA instead?

sqeecoo

Arcane
Sounds fine to me.

EDIT: In that case I'd switch to Vanarus or something I think, I basically just wanted to try a Nazca disciple build :)

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah if we can't do 8 we can do FFA with 7.

Or somebody can go single player. :D

sqeecoo

Arcane
I'm fine with solo as I said, if Dayyalu doesn't mind me abandoning him. But then I'd keep Nazca :)

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
how about one of you (not me) posts 7/8 game somewhere like reddit, steam, the dominions forums or dominions discord and get the 8th player, but that will be kinda shit because then Jargreen ends up with a pug

Also coldcrow co-designed the pretender so.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
JagreenLern You ok with some rando off Steam? Cus I can totally post the game on there and get somebody. Maybe even ask if they want to join the forum? Though I always hesitate to ask people to join this dumpster.

:martini:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Codex is like 4chan but with older people and reduced anonymity - basically better.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Do any of you play dungen keeper 2?

I would be keen for a multiplayer bash of that via game ranger...

Dayyālu

Arcane
I just made a post on the Steam forums with the normal caveats about the shit community, so we'll see if anyone wants in.

HEY

Proud to say that the Glorious People's Republic of the MP Gaming Subforum, under the guidance of yours truly, Glorious Leader, is a safe haven of civility and politeness. Tbh, the Codex Dominions community is in my experience less bonkers than Dom5mods or channers, interestingly enough.

It helps being mostly irrelevant and ignored by the crazies in the other boards, though.

Olinser

Savant
Hey saw the post on the Steam forums - are you guys going to be using mods for this game? I see somebody mentioning it on page 2 but no final word.

I'd be willing to join in if its not using big balance mods, I'm not a big fan of mods in general.

I can't access steam until late tonight but you can message me on Discord I'm Olinser #1347

Olinser

Savant
Also how are we actually doing turns - dedicated server or Llamaservers? Or some other option?

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
may want to start a private conversation with Jagreen, the rest of us are pretty cut throat and will totally use any info about your build that we can get, against you.

Dont trust anyone, except for me and my disciple coldcrow

Olinser

Savant
I will, but it doesn't appear I can PM on the forum currently - I assume because all messages still have to be approved by mods?

Also as I'm new here, are there any particular rules you guys play with regarding binding trades, NAPs, agreements, non-standard map settings, and whatnot?

Dayyālu

Arcane
I will, but it doesn't appear I can PM on the forum currently - I assume because all messages still have to be approved by mods?

Also as I'm new here, are there any particular rules you guys play with regarding binding trades, NAPs, agreements, non-standard map settings, and whatnot?

Must have like 5 posts or something, methinks.

About rules, we are mostly carebears, you are somewhat expected to keep your words. Trades are binding tho and diplomatic honesty is appreciated, even if not enforced.

Olinser

Savant

Must have like 5 posts or something, methinks.

About rules, we are mostly carebears, you are somewhat expected to keep your words. Trades are binding tho and diplomatic honesty is appreciated, even if not enforced.

Sounds good. I think I know what I want to play I'll just need to confirm what brilliant plan Jagreen has to make sure everything meshes.

Still can't send PM's and haven't gotten any Discord invites so I guess I'll just keep posting until I can send here.

How will the game be hosted, dedicated server, Llamaserver, or some other option?

Olinser

Savant
Llamaserver, usually start off at 24h/turn.

Sounds good, although I should let you guys know I work swing shift during the week so my turns will pretty frequently be put in late at night (12-2 AM Pacific time), shouldn't have any problem keeping up 24 hours though, I have a couple other games that are still 24h turns as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom