Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anachranox

DraQ

Arcane
Cloaked Figure said:
i was reading about this game before
Your reading skill seems sub-par. Anyway, this game is pure awesome, albeit not really an RPG. Technically speaking it's a jRPG, albeit western made and devoid of both angsty fucked-up kids as main characters, swords reminescent of a car door on a stick, gunblades and other retarded contraptions, as well as cheesy story.

Setting is SciFi doped with good dose of Hitchhikeresque humour, story is awesome, dialogues are good, but don't expect well developed dialogue trees - this is a jRPG after all. You will have followers, character developement skill-wise is practically null. Mechanics in general screams of a complete rip-off of some console RPG, complete with minigames, but that's not important in this game. Also, graphics is awesome considering it uses modified Q2 engine.

If I had to describe this game in a single sentence, it would be:
Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy meets Final Fantasy (with FFesque elements making up the form and Hitchhikeresque elements forming the content).

Bluegrazz

Novice
How the fuck did u join yesterday and yet have 89 posts? Yes Mr. Cloaked Skeleton head, I mean you. I mean WTF? Am I seeing shit (certainly a possibility at the moment *cough*) but come on, 89 posts and you just joined yesterday?
Are your fingertips tired from the frantic and manic tapping of keys as you relentlessly pound on your keyboard.
I say you have leveled up in your typing skill at least 3 maybe 4 times in the last 24 hours or so.
Jesus fucking christ, the post count climbed again as soon as I posted this so I am editing my post to reflect the new #.

Umbragen

Novice
I can state, with absolute certainty, that it's one of the best games ever released by Ion Storm.

Seriously, it's an entertaining way to waste more than a few hours. Unfortunately, the ending begs a sequel that will never happen.

It also stands as testament to how thoroughly Eidos can fuck up a property and even entire companies. (Not Ion, they did it to themselves, but the lose of LGS has left a hole that hasn't been filled and likely never will be.)

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Umbragen said:
I can state, with absolute certainty, that it's the best game ever released by Ion Storm.
I've never done one of these things before, and it shames me that it's not even funny or remotely "needed", but this time I simply had no choice but to give in.

Fixed!

Andyman Messiah said:
Umbragen said:
I can state, with absolute certainty, that it's the best game ever released by Ion Storm.
I've never done one of these things before, and it shames me that it's not even funny or remotely "needed", but this time I simply had no choice but to give in.

Fixed!
Why do you lie? It makes baby Jesus cry. Deus Ex is better than Anachronox.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
I second Prince of Qin. A damn underrated game. It had multiple quest solutions, dialogues that could change the outcome of certain events, a really interesting setting and most of all, awesome kung-fu movie accents.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Anachranox was excellent. The only major complaint I had against it was that it ended on a cliff-hanger with no real chance of a sequel.

DraQ

Arcane
yes plz said:
Anachranox was excellent. The only major complaint I had against it was that it ended on a cliff-hanger with no real chance of a sequel.
That's because the team was about half way through when they had to finish everything up as game was being pushed out of the door.

Anyway, the game is awesome.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Cloaked Figure said:
i was reading about this game...

Then you should have read again. It's called AnachrOnox, not AnachrAnox.

Good game btw. It was very laid-back, had a nice story, funny as hell a couple of times. It's basically a parody of cyberpunk. Looks good too, despite being made on an enhanced version of the old Quake 2 engine. On the other hand, mechanically, it's closer to a JRPG then a western RPG. Everything is set in stone so all you do is just push forward to further the story. The only thing I totally hated about it were the mini-games, it has quite a few of them. Still, I'd say it's well worth playing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom