Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Anyone else noticed stuttering slow response time in the menus? I haven't played in a while, but decided to yesterday and it was incredibly annoying, but i also have no idea which ppatch did it because there's been like10 or more since I last played "for real" long enough to jotice a change like this.
Menus have been working badly since release. For some (Unity) reasons game 100% your GPU when you are in any menu. That can cause all kinds of problems. For me I cannot watch shows on another screen at the time, 720p shows stutter because game used up all GPU power.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Playng a Lawful character is stressful. Most of the dialogue choices involve Neutral and Chaotic options. I'm inclined to take up Lawful Evil options when I'm roleplaying Lawful Good just to get some Lawful points in or risk not being able to level as a Monk.
There are plenty of LG and LN choices throughout the game. On occasion pick Neutral or NG and you are good.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's getting worse...

cacf815c26f13b68ee9c21ad18522fb1.png

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
cheating in ways that no DM would ever allow
:nocountryforshitposters:

Yes, I get it, it's a game. I mean, we prebuff and metagame and reload. I get it. But no need to make it even easier, is there?

"All right, we surround the Lich with 3000 summoned kobolds, then Bob talks to him."
"...what?"

Summoning shit around NPCs should force them to open dialogue and go, "Yo, WTF are you doing? GTFO!" and attack. Same with sending your Barbarian so close to the wizards that they are breathing down their necks.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I don't get how you're supposed to do that kingdom management after Pitax. You get spammed with >DC30 problems that you're unlikely to succeed at, and even worse you get so many of them you can't even assign ppl to all of them?
I mean seriously? Wtf am I supposed to do.

Reinhardt

Arcane
There is plenty alignment options but some situations are just retarded. Like Linzi quest or Nazrielle's apprentice. Fag deliberately cursing innocent people(YOUR people) just to get revenge on his mistress and punishing him is somehow evil. Dafuq.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I don't get how you're supposed to do that kingdom management after Pitax. You get spammed with >DC30 problems that you're unlikely to succeed at, and even worse you get so many of them you can't even assign ppl to all of them?
by assigning your level X Amiri with belt of strength +8 with +25 bonus +2 building +1 project +2 extra project +extra roll for kingdom project and so on

but if you mean Chapter 6 you need to go endgame already, since endgame cards ever increase in DC

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I only realized this after the big tomb dungeon but some buildings increase your rolls! Build those!

Stinger

Arcane
Can I ask how much of a role MCA has in the writing for Kingmaker? My work of late prevents me from having any real time to play RPGs anymore but that should change soon and it sounds like Kingmaker is the RPG I've been waiting for since the whole Kickstarter fever began.

I'm more curious because I've missed a proper Chris Avellone game in a long while and I'm wondering if this is more MCA in a proper leading role or if this is more of a guest writer/writing a few companions or the occasional sidequest e.g. WL2 or POE

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
by assigning your level X Amiri with belt of strength +8 with +25 bonus +2 building +1 project +2 extra project +extra roll for kingdom project and so on

but if you mean Chapter 6 you need to go endgame already, since endgame cards ever increase in DC
I mean after Pitax but while waiting for ch6, I don't have a +8 STR belt, there's no extra roll project, also you can't assign 1 guy to 4 problems

The only building I'm aware of that increases rolls are bulletin boards available for lawful characters. Ok since I'm lawful I'll try to stack bulletin boards, if that even helps. My warden has this extra roll thing.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Like what problems are you talking about? There is Fog, but that's the only one which is truly difficult.

At that point you should have at least 2-3 stats at X and others at V to VII. And that is without project for faster development which was bugged for me.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron

I mean after Pitax but while waiting for ch6, I don't have a +8 STR belt, there's no extra roll project, also you can't assign 1 guy to 4 problems

The only building I'm aware of that increases rolls are bulletin boards available for lawful characters. Ok since I'm lawful I'll try to stack bulletin boards, if that even helps. My warden has this extra roll thing.
There's a LOT MORE buildings than that, scroll through the list.
Courthouse for example, hospital, many others.
Don't know if they stack but they sure help.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
And don't have fog yet. I defeated Irovetti and waiting doing kingdom stuff until the next thing happens. I just had 4 high DC problems, doable by the same 2 guys, so I couldn't assing anyone to 2 of them-> this dropped me to troubled
Courthouse helps only the warden but better than nothing, hospital isn't in my list.

Also buildings like courthouse etc aren't available in villages, but problems pop up all over the kingdom, so a courthouse in the capital will do nothing unless the problem is in the Shrike.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
guest writer/writing a few companions
That's all.
He also helped tighten up narrative things and do translation work so that meaning/feeling was preserved, something that is sometimes hard between languages, since emphasis/intonations, idiomatic expressions, references and such are different from language to language and between major cultural groups.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
And don't have fog yet. I defeated Irovetti and waiting doing kingdom stuff until the next thing happens. I just had 4 high DC problems, doable by the same 2 guys, so I couldn't assing anyone to 2 of them-> this dropped me to troubled
Courthouse helps only the warden but better than nothing, hospital isn't in my list.

Also buildings like courthouse etc aren't available in villages, but problems pop up all over the kingdom, so a courthouse in the capital will do nothing unless the problem is in the Shrike.
Those things are region-based? I kind of assumed they were barony-wide.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Stocks for evil characters give +1 to all problems in that region and you can make them even in villages. Evil run rocks :D

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
why the topic for Tristian romance on the kingmaker forum is 251+ pages?
https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showthread.php?5109-Tristian-romance
The smallest communities are always the most vocal ones

Aside from people like us who like RPGs of course; instead of zerg rushing developers like SJWs or Fangirls we crawl inside our little lair and whine that everything is shit
Maybe if we did 251 pages of arguing for turn based party based games we wouldn't be in such shit and have to be saved by Vince or some ex-Nival russians :M

Hmm
This makes me think.
brb gotta check deviant art

Because many of them is a habitue of жируха.ру bioware.ru that's why.
And some of devs visit it.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Are Animal Companions just OP in Pathfinder? Even just half-way buffed that 'dog' from Ekan can have 40+ STR, biting for ~33 damage and never failing a trip...

idk about offensively, but defensively they tank so many hit points they are just beastly.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
How you get the project for faster development? Also, is Irlene supposed to visit the throne room like the other artisans? Because she just came once, and now it has been months and she isn't coming.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Stocks for evil characters give +1 to all problems in that region and you can make them even in villages. Evil run rocks :D

I started with a CN char, and now I am CE. Still, realm is stuck at CN... why? Makes no sense :(

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Also, If I understood it correctly, every last companion quest gives them a sort of gift, Jubilost became immortal on the First World, Harrim got an Helmet, Amiri a shitty sword, Ekundayo gets a bow... Did I miss something or Valerie last quest gave absolutely nothing? Wtf?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom