Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 2 - the new NON-episodic Hitman game

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I thought the story is meant to play out as a parody of early 90s spy series from TV. Never took it seriously.

Astral Rag

Arcane
So 60€ for an incomplete game with worse gameplay and less content than Blood Money and infested with Denuvo on top + you probably have to be online for SP again.

Will get the GOTY version when it's in some bundle in 2021 or so.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The ever-popular Elusive Targets are back too; the first drops on November 20 and will give you just 10 days to assassinate Sean Bean.
Damn casualisation. Elusive Targets were supposed to be active for 24-48 hours or something like that.

I'm seriously hyped for this, even considering buying it at full price. Time to check out the updated Hitman 2016 locations. I wonder how much I'll have to reduce graphics quality.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Got the gold edition since it's pretty cheap in my region, played it for two hours then parents called me to skip work and come back to hometown next week because my grandmother is dying.

Performance wise it actually runs better than the first season on my PC (i3 4170, 8GB RAM, R7 260X), the Miami level is packed with NPCs yet the game never drops below 30fps for me while Paris in SS1 stuttered quite often, even more impressive is loading save file mid game is almost instant on HDD.

Gameplay wise, haven't spotted anything too drastically different from SS1 but I noticed a lot of details. Blood trail is back which I believed was missing from SS1 :bounce:, has a seperate button bind for slow walk, there's foliage for 47 to hide in just like how Assassin's Creed Odyssey abused it to no end, shotgun blast to door lock can open them. Kinda weird that frisk is completely blocked if you're holding item, meanwhile Blood Money guards would just deny frisking if they see you have visible weapons.

Story cutscenes are just images slideshow which is a huge contrast to stylish debrief sequences.

Btw anyone looking forward to buy it, keep in mind that out of 6 locations in this game, the very first one New Zealand is basically a less hand holding tutorial level with quite small map and only 20 ish challenge, so it's more like the game has 5.5 locations.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Btw anyone looking forward to buy it, keep in mind that out of 6 locations in this game, the very first one New Zealand is basically a less hand holding tutorial level with quite small map and only 20 ish challenge, so it's more like the game has 5.5 locations.

Thats unfortunate, I was hoping they would just reuse the training missions from 2016, as its already two wasted locations for practice.

As I am nowhere near finished 2016 Hitman I probably wont buy this for awhile.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Is the sniper rifle animation back in? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Actually I don't know that. I never checked the settings
Seems like the norm amongst the haters of the game around here :M
Enjoy missing out on a great game because of knee-jerk impressions. It's the same thing with MGSV, it's full with cancerous UI aids (more like AIDS, hurp) but you can turn them all off.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Game cracked before full launch, lol.
I don't support this because I like IO-I but I'll have to admit that the humor value here is high.

Last edited by a moderator:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ao whats the verdict? I liked 2016 enough, doesnt really reach absolution creativity (especially opera level) but it does some things better such as level scope (with its drawback too).

Basically if i like 2016 get it, if dont, dont?

Any early players here? What about bugs and performance?

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Ao whats the verdict? I liked 2016 enough, doesnt really reach absolution creativity (especially opera level) but it does some things better such as level scope (with its drawback too).

Basically if i like 2016 get it, if dont, dont?

Any early players here? What about bugs and performance?
Performance is better. If you liked 2016, get it. If you didn't like the gameplay then don't. It's just more of the same.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I have been watching a guy stream it, the missions appear to be largely more inspired and interesting than 2016. I'd say that Sapienza, Paris and Hokkaido were the stand out missions in 2016 while Bangkok, Colorado and Marrakesh were kinda meh. In Hitman 2 I think all missions are very interesting and diverse.

i still can't wrap my head around this. one of the main steps to salvage the hitman brand which was deemed dead and gone has been to remove denuvo from it. and it worked, lots of people bought the now free from retardation hitman. and now we're back to square one, with denuvo on hitman 2. people with money are not learning animals.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
i still can't wrap my head around this. one of the main steps to salvage the hitman brand which was deemed dead and gone has been to remove denuvo from it. and it worked, lots of people bought the now free from retardation hitman. and now we're back to square one, with denuvo on hitman 2. people with money are not learning animals.
Please take 5 seconds to Google who is publishing this title.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Sorry to spoil your fun, but that crack doesn't work.
I've heard two anecdotes about it working, but apparently it's been reported as a largely bad release on cs.rin.ru and the thread was locked. I suppose it is just a brag release. I'll give this FCKDRM guy some credit though, at least he cares a bit about opsec unlike Voksi.
I won't be pirating it regardless but I probably will wait for the DLC locations to come out first. That or wait for a worthwhile enough sale.

Please take 5 seconds to Google who is publishing this title.
my point remains. removing the drm worked. hitman failed, they removed the drm and suddenly it sold a lot, it was saved. call it a coincidence all you want, it's worthy of another try, isn't it? no, stupidity of rich people always wins over common sense.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
they removed the drm and suddenly it sold a lot, it was saved
Nah, that's delusional. I'd love to see what kind of source you have to back that up cause removing Denuvo didn't really change the performance of the game and the only things that made it receive a sudden boost of popularity are the free episodes given away and being on steep sale.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Is the sniper rifle animation back in? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.
I just watched a playthrough of the Miami mission and the guy playing took out a sniper rifle out of the case fully assembled so no, no animation for it. It may be for other sniper rifles, but I doubt it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom