Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

OK so new 1.1 patch has been made. What are the bugs that have been found so far?

By the time my 3rd world internet finished downloading, a new hotfix will probably be introduced.

Efe

Erudite
when you go to pitax to present your crown. cutscene doesnt end and you cant progress further i ngame

Israfael

Arcane
Don't remember it precisely, but if you choose alignment first, game shows only alignment compatible deities.

Yosharian

Arcane
Don't remember it precisely, but if you choose alignment first, game shows only alignment compatible deities.
Thanks for the suggestion, but that was the first thing I tried, went to the end of the creation screen and tried to select the relevant alignment, but it doesn't work that way.

There is a pre-requisite called 'Groetus' that is preventing the deity from being selected.

Brancaleone

Liturgist
I can't believe this keeps popping up in such a highly monocled environment as the Codex undoubtedly is.

Bonus is pig-Latin, proper Latin would be using the substantivized adjective in its neutral form (bonum, plural bona).
Bonus as a substantivized adjective means 'good person/good man', not 'good thing' (that would be bonum).

So bonus in the way it's used should be treated as an English word.
Some languages might have adopted the usage of a plural Latin form for words that are derived from Latin. That doesn't necessarily mean that these words themselves are the same original Latin words just that a language allows an alternative form of plural because of their origin. I believe at least some Germanic languages allow usage of "boni" as the plural to "bonus". Both "die bonusse" and "die boni" are acceptable forms in German AFAIK, I might be wrong about that. I'd need a German native speaker to confirm but that's what the German Wiktionary claims.
In English on the other hand, it doesn't seem to be the case, certainly not for the word "bonus" anyway. It's just an English word with plural "bonuses".

I'm saying all this because that might be the source of confusion here. We have tons of foreigner posters (myself included) and they might sometimes tend to copy the rules of their native languages into English.
Germans and Dutch are perfectly free to find pig-Latin acceptable (as anybody else, really: a living language is mostly shaped by use).

What I find highly amusing is the "Study some Latin, the plural of boni as 'good things' is boni!" kind of stuff. Well, as long as, for example, by "armour boni to AC" one means "armour aristocrats to AC"... :lol:

Last edited:

cw8

Cipher
Main screen loading is heck a lot faster. Are the load times for saved games improved as well?

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Main screen loading is heck a lot faster. Are the load times for saved games improved as well?
I noticed (before patch) that loading time for saves depends on amount of them (more saves = slower loading), I didn't tested this after patch (and I deleted my all old saves), but you can try to create a shitload saves just for test.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Great patch.
Good: Overall performance seems better - scrolling, moving, etc. Loading times improved.
Bad: Video card is running hotter. It was running hot mostly during weather, menu pages, and leaving the game idle in the game world before, now I'm noticing it as I'm playing and moving around.

Minor: The Ranger animal companion is still -2 levels below my character at level 11 even though I picked boon companion and it elevated it to my level between levels 5 and 9.

zapotec

Liturgist
Great patch.
Good: Overall performance seems better - scrolling, moving, etc. Loading times improved.
Bad: Video card is running hotter. It was running hot mostly during weather, menu pages, and leaving the game idle in the game world before, now I'm noticing it as I'm playing and moving around.

Minor: The Ranger animal companion is still -2 levels below my character at level 11 even though I picked boon companion and it elevated it to my level between levels 5 and 9.

I have noticed that GPU is always running at 100% even in the main menu

ArchAngel

Arcane
Praise the Lord, they divided the projects into categories, that shit got so cluttered it became a pain the ass trying to hit that one, single, visible pixel of a card.
That was never an issue as you could go through projects by using arrow buttons on bottom of UI when you have one of them open.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Great patch.

I don't think animal companion is supposed to be same level as your character.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
For everyone who is excited about Grease, having been playing a sorcerer with greater spell focus in Conjuration in the beta patch, the main thing I have to warn you of is that it can absolutely trivialize stuff in the early-mid game. Bear Treant? Grease. Tartuccio? Grease. Stag Lord? Grease. Hargulka? Dude never even had a chance - spent the entire fight on his ass, had his "lol I healed myself" dialogue except he couldn't actually stand up so he just bought himself like 2 extra rounds of life without being able to hurt anyone.

Seriously, you can just keep spamming Grease. If they make the save, cast another one! In a lot of ways, it's actually better than web because the smaller radius makes it easier for your caster to cast it so they can stay out of the way without getting your dudes in the AOE. And of course, it's first level so you can cast it a million times per day.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyone tried the "Effortless" kingdom mode? What does it do? Do you still have some sort of control?

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
For everyone who is excited about Grease
"Can't wait for spamming one spell though of whole fucking game, while playing for spell caster class which posses shitload impressive spells besides casting some oily substance on floor" - no way that anyone would be exited for this shit, OP spells can be exciting, but definitely not this case ( in my personal opinion ofc).

Last edited:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Great patch.

An animal companion in Pathfinder pnp, technically speaking, doesn't have "levels" but HDs. And that's what you can see in the game as "level". And yes indeed the amount of HDs an animal companion is supposed to have is not equal to the class level of the character. It is slightly lower. A character with effective level in pet class 20 will have a pet with 16 HD for example. It's all in the table in the link below.
Chippy
A ranger at level 11 (with boon companion feat which makes him a de facto full pet class as if he were say a druid 11) should have a pet with 9HD. See the table in this link:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/animal-companions/
So in fact, it works as intended in game. Level 11 = 9HD = shows as level 9 in game when you look at your pet's character screen.

Something that works more or less according to pnp rules in P:K for a change - and people still complain.

Last edited:

Mech

Cipher
Dammit, I just passed Divinity 2: OS and was hoping this would finished being (mostly) patched.
Oh well, I suppose I’ll try D2OS with different characters while I wait some more.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Great patch.

An animal companion in Pathfinder pnp, technically speaking, doesn't have "levels" but HDs. And that's what you can see in the game as "level". And yes indeed the amount of HDs an animal companion is supposed to have is not equal to the class level of the character. It is slightly lower. A character with effective level in pet class 20 will have a pet with 16 HD for example. It's all in the table in the link below.
Chippy
A ranger at level 11 (with boon companion feat which makes him a de facto full pet class as if he were say a druid 11) should have a pet with 9HD. See the table in this link:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/animal-companions/
So in fact, it works as intended in game. Level 11 = 9HD = shows as level 9 in game when you look at your pet's character screen.

Something that works more or less according to pnp rules in P:K for a change - and people still complain.

That's informative, so at least I didn't waste a feat with boon companion, as the animal companion would have been 7HD when the ranger was level 11. I just hitlevel 12, and he went to level/HD 10; so that clears that up. I'd rate your post informative but still haven't done my time at the Codex.

Also, it seems that while the sneak button has yet to make it into the hotkey bar, HIPS does for Rangers at level 12, so that's a plus. :incline:
:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom