Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What RPG are you most excited for?

What RPG are you most excited for?

• Druidstone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aeon of Sands: The Trail

• The Waylanders

• Queens Wish: The Conqueror

• Encased

• The Hero of Deathtrap Dungeon

• Dead Monarchy

• Code of the Savage

• Low Magic Age

• Starfield

• Vagrus: The Riven Realms

• Anority

• Griftlands

• Fell Seal: Arbiters Mark

• Phantom Brigade

• Legends of Amberland

• Eidolons

• The Iron Oath

• Consortium: The Tower

• Burden of Command

• Iron Danger

• Gloomhaven

• Startropy

• Death Trash

• Wellspring: Altar of Roots

• Nighthawks

• Fallen Gods

• Undungeon

• Alatoth

• World of Horror

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
All games on the poll have their own threads on the last 10 pages of this subforum. If your RPG is not on the poll, vote 'none of the above' and specify.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Switching between Element: Space and Druidstone, but I think Element: Space wins this round.

Gameplay sounds solid, the story reads interesting and they promise some replayability through different companions and factions. As long as the ending will have a real conclusion and the gameplay is fun, I will be happy

Mikeal

Arcane
210720.1520626040.jpg

While Disco Elysium is looking amazing, i dont think it is going to have everything i am expecting from an RPG. It might revolutionize the storytelling in role playing games, but will it have interesting tactical combat together with deep character building?
Devs are trying to prove that their game will not be just CYOA with skillchecks. I wish them luck and have faith they will deliver a decent game, but i do not fully believe them here. I hope to be wrong.
Voted for Realms Beyond

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
Knights of le chalice 2. The first game made me realise implementing the rules of pen and paper games properly is a good idea. Now it just needs a solid story.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
All games on the poll have their own threads on the last 10 pages of this subforum. If your RPG is not on the poll, vote 'none of the above' and specify.
Meh it is shitty poll,most of the games could come in a decade or not come at all. You should have picked only games coming out in year or a half.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Can't say I'm excited about any upcoming RPG these days. If there's anything indie RPGs have proven in the last 5 years, it's that they're unpredictable regardless of who makes them and how good the concept is.

Colony Ship, then No Truce for the Furries, then everything else.

AoD became my favorite RPG so I'm super pumped for Colony Ship even if it's not AoD2, and Disco potentially sounds very AoD-like (Extreme replayability where you can only find and see things with certain builds/choices) and it looks to be a cool setting and protagonist so it's a fairly close second place to Colony Ship. Everything else basically falls in a big lump of "I'm probably interested if it's an RPG" but nothing I'm worked up over.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Realms of Arkania HD.
To be honest, I'm torn between Aledorn and Copper Dreams and Realms Beyond.

Ysaye

Arbiter
At this point in time, I think Spire of Sorcery is the RPG I am awaiting next (Not on the list). I don't know why - just looks a bit different, I looks like it might have decent exploration coupled with customization of your followers. Much further into the future (2020+) I am waiting for Trails of Cold Steel 3 and 4 to be translated and Falcom's followup to Tokyo Xanadu and Ys.

Of the list above, Realms Beyond I have backed so here's hoping it will come into existence and be serviceable; but like my Russian piano accompanist used to say, the second time you fall in love (and those following that), you learn to hold back and analyse the situation with your head. And of the rest of the list, I will probably give Druidstone a go, Legend of Amberland and Monomyth look interesting but will wait to see a bit more.

I very much want Shrine of Orm and Seven Dragon Saga get back on their feet, but it doesn't look like it will happen. I wish someone would get out there and make a decent new Wizardry clone.

I have also got into making voxel graphics with MagicaVoxel and as a consequence have been playing around with RPG in a Box (Early Access), and am looking forward to the completed version of that software.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom