Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Beowulf

Arcane
And it's the same game continuously re-released, with no major changes and no progression. That's the problem. I can play any battle I want in Steel Panthers, thank you very much.

Yeah, I agree with that.

It's a pity that no new game can't even achieve what has already been achieved a decade or two ago.

Just look at modern RPG's, tactical games and whatnot.

Perhaps only in the sim and strategies games there has been some progress.

Sadly, I've been noticing this trend also in other mediums, like movies and board games.

Blonsky

Prophet
I hope Koei/Gust never die they are the only ones delivering high quality waifus.

Which one of the Atelier games is the best one?
There are six of them on Steam, no?
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=atelier&category1=998

Sophie, Firis, Lydie & Suelle, and now these three new, Rorona, Totori and Meruru.

I tried three of first Atelier games, and one of them made my graphics card cause a blue screen of death on my computer, never played them again.
Choose wisely.

Last edited:

Solid Snail

Learned
Anyone played The Invisible Hours here?
I want to start it and I read it's similar to Sexy Brutale, a game I really liked but I'm not really in the mood of solving puzzles by figuring what characters do in a specific timeframe and acting accordingly, I want something easy with a nice story I can play with my brain turned off, is this the case?

Also a question: if I boot Steam, can I use my DS4 controller on Win10 store games? Ashen might release in 2 days and a month of Game Pass is only 1€, I'm tempted to sub but I only have a DS4, which works on every game on Steam...but I don't know if I can simply plug-in the pad, boot Steam and than boot Ashen so Steam emulates a XBox One controller, or if I need to actually add Ashen as a game to Steam in order to use that feature.

I know there's DS4 Windows, but I want to avoid using too many softwares if I can.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The BEST roll-playing game of all time is finally here on Steam:

giphy.gif

In a near future ravaged by wars, corrupt regimes and devastating pollution, influential corporations have created the Genesis program in a last-ditch attempt to save humanity.
As the Captain of a Genesis starship, you journey into uncharted space on the ultimate mission. Build and manage a space vessel, farm resources, deal with terrifying alien infestations, clone creatures and explore a vast, randomly generated universe.

Your goal: Find new homes for humanity’s DNA and save the species from extinction.

A ROGUELIKE ON AN EPIC SCALE

1EpicRoguelike.jpg

Every journey in Genesis Alpha One begins with a huge, randomised galaxy filled with adventure and peril. Discover new planets, encounter asteroid fields, survive hostile encounters as you explore the vastness of space.
Death is permanent so every crew members life matters, and every decision must be carefully considered.

BUILD AND MANAGE YOUR UNIQUE STARSHIP

2Build.jpg

Starting with a small vessel, you’ll have to build and maintain an intergalactic ark by combining dozens of upgradable spaceship modules including crew quarters, workshops, hangars, clone labs and greenhouses.

Using an intuitive building menu, easily snap together the pieces of your ship to tailor it to your playstyle. Develop your vessel and then explore your creation in first person.

BATTLE ALIEN INFESTATIONS

3Aliens.jpg

Alien infestations can spread quickly, contaminating the ship and crew. It’s imperative to wipe them out before you become overwhelmed and your ship is destroyed!

An arsenal of weapons and defences can be researched to help you fight the alien threat. Unleash Turrets, Force Fields, Laser Blasters, Shotguns, Rifles, Grenade Launchers, Rocket Launchers, Flamethrowers or alien weapons to devastate hostile lifeforms.

CLONE YOUR CREW AND CREATE NEW LIFEFORMS

4Clone.jpg

As your ship grows, so must your crew. Using ground-breaking cloning technology, your crew will expand to meet the needs of the ship.

Loot DNA samples from the aliens you encounter across the galaxy and splice them with members of your crew to give humanity a chance to prosper with abilities far beyond what was previously imagined.

HARVEST RESOURCES FROM THE VASTNESS OF SPACE

5Resources.jpg

Roaming the immense universe won’t be possible without gathering resources. Elements such as Iron, Copper, Uranium and Plutonium must be mined from planets and then refined on-board your ship. These will be utilised to build new modules, weapons, clones and tools.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I heard good things about this game:

So I saw that it was in the last Humble Monthly, which means that key seller sites are filled with it for a low price, I just bought it for 2$ on G2A if anyone is interested.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
FIGHT KNIGHT, the first-person dungeon brawler got Steam page:

ss_0b83ad3dffb10a6c51dfe4dfec9a65be0e2597da.600x338.jpg
ss_d4713fab70a48bc937c38e4424d09fe5971d17cc.600x338.jpg

THE TOWER ascends without warning. It consumes the land it rises from, growing ever higher with each appearance. Those trapped within the Tower's shadow are cursed to live in an eternal night... until, before long, it vanishes as quick as it came. The wise can predict its next appearance, and fools seek the treasures within. But the Tower is full of the twisted forms of the people and places it has consumed in its many ascents, preventing the brave and the ignorant alike from climbing its cursed halls. Surely some great reward awaits the one who reaches the top! But with such powerful and evil sorcery afoot, who could possibly reach its summit?

FIGHT KNIGHT is a mix between a first person dungeon crawler and a high speed action game. Climb through the many unique floors of the Tower and get to know friend and foe alike! Solve puzzles, collect artifacts, and help FIGHT KNIGHT grow in power. Encounters take place in real time, through grid-based melee combat. Wits and reflexes will pave your way to victory. Will YOU master the Tower and those who wait within?

• UNIQUE PRESENTATION - Retro-game-inspired visuals that manage to look unlike any retro game!
  • 5+ ZONES - Each zone is comprised of multiple floors of puzzle-filled dungeon exploration. Each zone of the Tower has its own unique setting, layout, NPCs, puzzle elements, and enemies!
  • HAND-CRAFTED LEVELS - Thoughtfully hand-crafted levels full of puzzles that are designed to take FIGHT KNIGHT's unique punching capabilities into account!
  • ROBUST COMBAT - Compelling real-time positional combat system involving all manner of fist-based warfare. Punch, dodge, push, counter, punch, block, and punch your way to victory!
  • CHOOSE YOUR STYLE - Equip FIGHT KNIGHT with energy-burning super moves called SPECIALTIES, consumable items, and a variety of gauntlets— all with various situational advantages and attributes! Give FIGHT KNIGHT what you think gives you the edge!
  • CHALLENGING FOES - Enemies work together in unique combinations to ensure your demise. Not only does each enemy have their own quirks and attack patterns, enemy skills are designed to play off each other! FIGHT KNIGHT will have to learn how to deal with enemies both individually and in large groups!
  • MEET N' BEAT - Enjoyable cast of characters to meet and punch along the way!

Deleted Member 16721

Academagia or whatever it's called is on sale. Looks like a nicely deep and complex RPG thing.

Academagia or whatever it's called is on sale. Looks like a nicely deep and complex RPG thing.
The shameful bundle-waiting side of me tells me to be strong since it's a relatively old game so they're bound to bundle it. The side of me that D1Ps shitty CYOA text adventures on Steam however is trying to get me to buy it. Waiting is slightly winning out just because I play my CYOA shit fairly sparingly, but it's still tempting.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Does Fight Knight have any giant spiders of the generic sort?

Oh, it's not out yet. Disregard that, humans.

HEATHEN is a solo story driven adventure with an immersive First Person view. (F.P.S)

Inspired by the novel "The Island of Doctor Moreau" by HG Wells.

The English expedition "Peary & Scott" discovers an island populated by strange and ferocious creatures. Half-human, half-animal, they were created by the famous Dr. Moreau. Peary, a scientist and biologist, resumes his work.

At a time when the abolition of slavery continues to grow worldwide, Scott, a wealthy industrialist and close to the royal family, sees huge potential in those "beasts": Cheap, hardworking manpower, easily renewable, and gifted with remarkable physical abilities.

In just 20 years, in secret, Peary and Scott will create hundreds of these "beasts" and build an empire. Inevitably, however, humans will lose control of the island: The north is occupied by humans, trapped and hidden behind their wall; while the rest of the island is populated by various generations of "beasts", which are often hostile towards each other. Most degenerate very quickly, and fall in bestial madness.

This is where your story begins: you are one of those "beasts". Your task will be long and difficult: Explore, develop, understand and reclaim the island, while respecting the law of Moreau.

Will you keep your faith in humanity until the end of this journey?

Key Features:
  • Get ready for a great challenge and an eerie atmosphere.
  • Fight types of original enemies with different behaviors and unique attacks.
  • Kill your opponents with different fire weapons and melee moves or use your stealth to avoid the dangers.
  • Become a beast to liberate yourself from difficult situations.
  • Resolve riddles to find a passage through the world and a path to your soul.
  • Search for items and pages to discover your story and unlock achievements.
“I must confess that I lost faith in the sanity of the world”

― H.G. Wells, The Island of Dr. Moreau

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom