Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Whiskeyjack

Learned
YAY! Day 103 and my first unique item. Ork shield...
You need to go hunting for uniques earlier. Once missions become (mostly) trivial money collecting, you're better served clearing out nests legendary hunting than just chasing around brigands and spiders and alps.

Edit: Eh, I say that. If you're making a good profit you can always gear up by buying armor, but I just think cost/benefit is in favor of legendary hunting. Plus you may also get good mid-tier gear from either bandit leaders/fallen heroes. I generally avoid greenskins when legendary hunting because a) fighting orcs will fuck up your armor and cost a ton and their other loot isn't worth too much, and b) fuck goblins - just fuck them in their faces.
I love that Uniques are rare and they should stay something special that makes you really happy when you find it. But I wouldn't mind a slight increase in Unique spawn chance. With all the new weapons it seems even more difficult to get one that fits.

In my last campaign I got a lot shields and daggers (none of wich I use) but I never saw a greatsword, two-handed flail or a two-handed mace offered in a shop, even if I took plenty of boring caravan mission to towns with many shops. The only locations giving me uniques were the 'Sea of tents' and the - rare - tavern rumors.

Maybe I just got unlucky, but in between caravans I spent hundreds of days crushing every camp of any type as far away from civilization as possible and the rewards were really poor. Oh well.
I go tavern crawling. They'll tend to tip you off.

Although I know of one camp of undead that had some legendary weapon, and I walk over there, and see "Many Necrosavants". NOEPNOEPNOEP not worth it on Iron Man at day 70 or whenever I saw it.

Reinhardt

Arcane
You need to go hunting for uniques earlier. Once missions become (mostly) trivial money collecting, you're better served clearing out nests legendary hunting than just chasing around brigands and spiders and alps.
I'm clearing lairs like 5-6 fallen, necro, 5-6 geists and 15-20 armored zombies now and all i get is just some basic zombie weapon.

Whiskeyjack

Learned
I'm clearing lairs like 5-6 fallen, necro, 5-6 geists and 15-20 armored zombies now and all i get is just some basic zombie weapon.
Well that fucking sucks. Yeah there does seem to be a good bit of luck to it. Do tavern rumors increase the chance of one appearing or do they just tip you off to locations of bases generally?

Reinhardt

Arcane
AT FUCKING LAST! I was stuck with ~70 wood in inventory for last 2 months.
2ufztc9.jpg

swctom.jpg

Disgruntled

Savant
Delayed first turn, the Schrats step exactly into range of your backline on your next turn if you move up. Move up backline, move up frontline. End turn. Your backline attacks first with Overwhelm and high Init. If you are unlucky (Schrats will get about 40% cth) you eat some dmg/injuries.
Start chopping shields and schrats. Surround and the sprouts dont sprout. 5 on 1 gangbang fatigues and overwhelms them.
Good tip, seems so obvious now to surround em and prevent the the spawns but i didnt think of it and fought em like unholds instead.

And i struggle finding named items too. My last few runs they always seem to be tucked away in deathtraps with mobs that would either wipe the party or kill off too many good bros. But i get plenty of shields of course, absolutely love the -2 fat or +10 durability perks, very useful for a few fights before some AI with an axe makes sure to destroy it like its an ambition of theirs.
I dont know how id get good items on an E/E/low ironman campaign. Almost all of the fights where ive acquired them before took at least 1 savescum. Then i see people with inventories stacked with em and feel bewildered.

Tigranes

Arcane
Met a witch, wanted us to fight 4 hexen, 2 untolds, dire wolves, adult nachzehrers, etc. totalling about 23.

Maybe later....

tindrli

Arcane
i just stumble upon a watermill on the edge of swamp. the guy inside wants me to revenge his son. so now, beside my delivery quest it seems that i have another but as usual its only in my memory. fuck why they cant make some journal ingame.

Prime Junta

The core gameplay loop is bloody addictive.

Problem is at some point actually /playing/ it becomes routine. There's just so many things you can do with your little bros it becomes fairly mechanical, with the RNG the main source of excitement.

Prime Junta

I got a problem with BB's in reserve. I got like 18 total and people in reserve got epidemic of "felt useless in reserve" I'm trying to rotate but eh.

They go back to content PDQ when you rotate them in.

When I have a close to full roster, I rotate out everybody who took damage as a matter of course, and before each battle I check if anyone in reserve has a yellow face, then rotate them in. It's busywork but fairly minor as such things go.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Update 1.2.0.20
Battle Brothers - rapsdjff
10377f6038cbfa77aa3b8b0e1cdd078de41641b7.jpg

Bugfixes and a balancing change for the Nimble perk.

Changelog for 1.2.0.20
  • Changed 'Nimble' perk to now grant damage reduction to hitpoints up to 66%, but lowered exponentially by the total penalty to maximum fatigue by head and body armor only after the first 15 points. In effect, this should encourage wearing light/medium armor over cloth.
  • Changed Alps to no longer use the 'Sleep' skill when the player has ordered a retreat, as to make retreating from large numbers of Alps always a possibility. They still can use the 'Nightmare' skill on anyone already sleeping when the retreat is ordered, though.
  • Changed Alps to have a penalty to initiative at the very first round, as to give the player more of a chance to spread out at the start.

• Fixed ambition success events triggering more than once in some cases.
  • Fixed ambitions for discovering legendary locations not working properly.
  • Fixed visuals for armor attachments sometimes not updating immediately when replacing one attachment for another.
  • Fixed 'Lunge' skill not doing the same damage as displayed in tooltip.
  • Fixed AI not using the 'Prong' skill of the Spetum.
  • Fixed crash on killing a Kraken if the deathblow was to destroy one of its tentacles.
  • Fixed game freezing on opponents dying to the 'Riposte' skill.
  • Fixed game potentially freezing as Schrats take damage from Miasma.
  • Fixed game potentially freezing if losing a city to the undead during the 'Last Stand' contract.
  • Fixed game potentially freezing when falling back from attacking objective in 'Raid Caravan' contract.
  • Fixed 'Patrol' contract not starting when spawned while the faction still has 3 settlements to patrol between, but accepted shortly after one of them has been lost.
  • Fixed 'Haunted Woods' contract not starting when spawned at settlements with tiny woods only.
  • Fixed various minor issues.

Whiskeyjack

Learned
Update 1.2.0.20
Battle Brothers - rapsdjff
10377f6038cbfa77aa3b8b0e1cdd078de41641b7.jpg

Bugfixes and a balancing change for the Nimble perk.

Changelog for 1.2.0.20
  • Changed 'Nimble' perk to now grant damage reduction to hitpoints up to 66%, but lowered exponentially by the total penalty to maximum fatigue by head and body armor only after the first 15 points. In effect, this should encourage wearing light/medium armor over cloth.
  • Changed Alps to no longer use the 'Sleep' skill when the player has ordered a retreat, as to make retreating from large numbers of Alps always a possibility. They still can use the 'Nightmare' skill on anyone already sleeping when the retreat is ordered, though.
  • Changed Alps to have a penalty to initiative at the very first round, as to give the player more of a chance to spread out at the start.

• Fixed ambition success events triggering more than once in some cases.
  • Fixed ambitions for discovering legendary locations not working properly.
  • Fixed visuals for armor attachments sometimes not updating immediately when replacing one attachment for another.
  • Fixed 'Lunge' skill not doing the same damage as displayed in tooltip.
  • Fixed AI not using the 'Prong' skill of the Spetum.
  • Fixed crash on killing a Kraken if the deathblow was to destroy one of its tentacles.
  • Fixed game freezing on opponents dying to the 'Riposte' skill.
  • Fixed game potentially freezing as Schrats take damage from Miasma.
  • Fixed game potentially freezing if losing a city to the undead during the 'Last Stand' contract.
  • Fixed game potentially freezing when falling back from attacking objective in 'Raid Caravan' contract.
  • Fixed 'Patrol' contract not starting when spawned while the faction still has 3 settlements to patrol between, but accepted shortly after one of them has been lost.
  • Fixed 'Haunted Woods' contract not starting when spawned at settlements with tiny woods only.
  • Fixed various minor issues.
Anyone know if this affects saves? I just started Noble War as my first crisis and would prefer to not start over.

Edit: And I think I like the Nimble change.

rapsdjff

Overhype Studios
Developer
None of those changes require a new campaign to take effect. Whenever a change does, I'll mention it explicitly in the changelog.

Reinhardt

Arcane
You all think being capitalist is easy... My girls just found i'm sitting on 70k geld and demanded a raise.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The change to Nimble sounds great, but the Alp adjustments are just band-aids on the real problem. The issue with Alps isn't that they're too hard, but rather that the optimal strategy for fighting them is boring as hell to execute, and any deviation or risk-taking is punished exorbitantly.

rapsdjff

Overhype Studios
Developer
We're not done with Alps, but I've just returned from vacation and my focus for now is on fixing any bugs that came up while I was away.

Prime Junta

We're not done with Alps, but I've just returned from vacation and my focus for now is on fixing any bugs that came up while I was away.

IMO Alps would work as they are just fine as support units. One or two added to a pack of direwolves, Nachzehrers, or (eek!) Necrosavants would shake things up nicely. A bunch of them unsupported or with minimal support is just tedious.

(Personally I'm most terrified by Hexen. Avoid them like the plague...)

Whiskeyjack

Learned
CBEF9162AA96DBDD051F8D5913353CC95C5CD1DD

This armor is no longer useless! Yay!

(also I haven't found shit for archers and at this point I said fuck it. Only have starting bro - hired a poacher that got killed awhile back and never bothered to replace him)

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
rapsdjff I know I keep nudging you but when you get the time take a look at some small improvements we suggested a couple of pages ago.
Also Sarissofoi linked a BB forum topic that had some interesting ones in.
I believe some QoL improvements will give an extra "oomph" to the game.
Hope you enjoyed the vacation

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom