Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Downtime tomorrow, don't panic.

Calis

Pensionado
Just so you know, the server lease company once again made an offer that we (Taluntain) couldn't refuse, so we're moving to a new box tomorrow. I just did a dry run, and it all seemed to work fine, but at some point tomorrow (afternoon for Americans, evening for Eurotrash) I'll be taking down the site, at which point we'll do the final move and initiate the domain change.

So don't panic. If you can't log in after the move, clear your cookies. If you're really bored, come to IRC.

Calis

Pensionado
POOPERSCOOPER said:
What are the specs of the new computer?
Same as old, but with moar harddrive and less moneys than upgrading the harddrive of the old.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
So don't panic!

av37127fv8.gif

WHAT THE FUCK AM I GOING TO DO??!?!?!?!? WHAT THE FUCK AM I GOING TO DO?!?!?!??!? GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Nedrah

Erudite
barzam said:
Yeah it is, and it wasn't even funny the first time.

It still had to be done. Be glad you weren't the one who had to do it.

Also:
at some point tomorrow (afternoon for Americans, evening for Eurotrash) I'll be taking down the site
depression_DW_Wisse_411087g.jpg

aleph

Arcane
Nedrah said:
It still had to be done. Be glad you weren't the one who had to do it.

Indeed, it was a great burden to have to carry out this duty.

Shoelip

Arbiter
*Plays Dark Messiah.*

You know, it's a pretty good game for ten dollars. Story is predictable but it's presented pretty well, especially with the never leaving first person thing. Also the only Source game so far to have a main character with voice acted dialogue.

By the way. Wasn't the game originally called Dark Messiah of Might and Magic? What happened to the 'of'?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Shoelip said:
Wasn't the game originally called Dark Messiah of Might and Magic? What happened to the 'of'?

It is called like that. What exactly are you talking about?

I mean, it is usually called "Dark Messiah" since vereybode knows what game is meant.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Officially the box says:
  • Dark Messiah™
    Might and Magic©
There is no "of".

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just looked at my box, and, uhm, yeah.
Probably the "of" never existed but we only thought it did because it would be kinda fitting :O

Or, probably, they dropped it at some point close to release but magazines, etc. just kept the "of".

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It says "Dark Messiah of Might and Magic" on the back of my Collectors edition, down by the bar code...but Steam lists it as just "Dark Messiah Might and Magic". MYSTARY!

Shoelip

Arbiter
I don't have it on my steam menu. MYSTARY!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom