Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Russians and Polanski could release 2 games in the time this guy releases an expansion pack.

I am waiting for the expac for my replay but holy hell he is taking a fucking long time making it.

Inf0mercial

Augur
Best way to deal with crawlers is a moltov/caltrops as soon as you get hit throw one at your feet, you can heal through it or not move crawlers get fucked over as they path right to you.

Also not way too time consuming like mass traps.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Codexians, Codex broes, Codex hoes, Codex's 3 waifus (?citation?) and Infinitron!
If I told you I know a guy, am cousin of a guy or perhaps even I'M THE guy who lives 1h of slow travel by public transport away from Styg's and Incline's home would you Codex broes, if Styg ofc agrees and me and my mate don't end up devoured by Borča's jookhelas on our whey to Stygland, want us to go there, interview Styg and his team, shoot few selfies at Incline's construction site with accidentally left turned on computer screens in background, and flash before your eyes screenshots from expansion and m-y-s-t-e-r-y project for few brief seconds before they and your high school memories vanish in a flash of bright light? You'd be given of course more than reasonable amount of time for all the questions you'd like to ask and we can guarantee all of them being asked!

This attempt of serious fan gaming journalizm not seen on internetz since last Codex Gamezcon Report, for Codexer more akin to Holy Site of cRPG's Spirit Rebirth pilgrimage, could also be done in co-op with local Serbian gaming newspaper with Codexian spirit living in their staff that goes by the name "Svet Kompjutera" in english: ~ PC World/ World of Computers. Few years ago they paid visit to Styg and wrote couple of articles full of interesting infoids which might had flown completely under your radar, like this one:

www.sk.rs/2016/02/sids01.html *
*Did I mention I give affordable Serbian lessons...

BUT WHAT'S YOUR BLOODY AGENDA?

Well, it's acquisition of alibi for me and me mate to shake hands and drink beer with our and yours local legend (our and yours cause Styg's true address is our hearts
love.png
), joint force marketing campaign for Underrail's upcoming expansion, Codex and world seeing some behind the curtain images of Wizard of Inclinoz's RPG laboratory and stealthily reversing some of balancing changes for next patch, Fun Vult! ;)

I'll measure lvl of your interest in brofists and if enough of you want to see an episode of Afternoon with Stygians, I'll make separate thread for this topic tomorrow and interview founder of Codex's Noble House Underrail! :)

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
sids01a.velika.jpg

Ahaha, and I was joking when I was saying Underrail was being developed by a couple of guys in a basement.

Meanwhile derelicts like inXile and Obsidian pretend to be AAA and shovel out shit game after shit game.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Styg already is on his way to AAA what with those 3 monitors and all.

It's cool to see they have Penn Jillette in the team, though.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There is a specific style that developers of incline tend to have. These guys look like what US developers used to look like 30 years ago.

Here's my hot take: Free Drones (or somebody) hired Oculus (so, Abrams) to get Maura out of the tincan can. Buzzer is very supportive of the Free Drones, and is a tech expert. So, I think Abrams went to Buzzer to get a little scout made. I think the bug in his shop is for us to make that connection; it could be a prototype or just another one that he made before or since.

However, it could also just be oculus keeping an eye on the situation to see how it unfolds ("We've been watching your progress for a while now."), in which case I guess one of them made the bug.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why do they all look like someone murdered their dog?
That's actually the "You may not realize it, but your thoughts are problematic, and we will teach you to respect women and to be tolerant to immigrants, through our superior writing and game design skills, pig!" look.

Sòren

Arcane
PS: To those who still are pro crafting in this game. There is STILL no point in doing it. Only reason I tried to do it was cause I was bored of using same equipment to kill everything in my path. I am NOT suffering from not having crafted anything. Notice my inventory, I am always stocked up on ammo and grenades. I wipe enemies out with grenades alone, funneling them into tight corners. In-fact, the way I see it, unlike you normies, having shitty trader sold equipment is more challenging for me during combat. :obviously:

investing a few points in crafting - e.g. to increase sneaking skill or create stuff like regenerating vests - is essential for some builts. my first pc (psionic + energy weapons) couldn't have survived deep caverns without that.

epeli

Arcane
Here's my hot take: Free Drones (or somebody) hired Oculus (so, Abrams) to get Maura out of the tincan can. Buzzer is very supportive of the Free Drones, and is a tech expert. So, I think Abrams went to Buzzer to get a little scout made. I think the bug in his shop is for us to make that connection; it could be a prototype or just another one that he made before or since.

However, it could also just be oculus keeping an eye on the situation to see how it unfolds ("We've been watching your progress for a while now."), in which case I guess one of them made the bug.

It's the latter. The cyber-spawns seem to be standard Oculite equipment. Twitch handles them and you get to use more of them if you do a social infiltration into the Talloski manor. My guess is that the bug in Buzzer's shop was meant to spy on the faceless invaders. (Oculus was also tracking the cube, but IIRC they did not know where it was at that time)

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Ahaha, and I was joking when I was saying Underrail was being developed by a couple of guys in a basement.
Meanwhile derelicts like inXile and Obsidian pretend to be AAA and shovel out shit game after shit game.

Oh shit, how right you are, it's painful...

What's up with hardware bug in the Buzzer's shack?

That indicate they watching the situation and have earss and eyes everywhere.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why do they all look like someone murdered their dog?
That's actually the "You may not realize it, but your thoughts are problematic, and we will teach you to respect women and to be tolerant to immigrants, through our superior writing and game design skills, pig!" look.
A lot of privilege white men in that pic,beginning to agree that white people are problematic.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Can anyone give some advice on the Balor fight? I'm a level 16 sniper/assault rifle/grenades and getting my ass kicked. Am I approaching it too early?

He has no movement points due to armor penalty. Depending on your agility you could even kite him. Take Adrenaline Shot and burst him twice a turn, starting at some longer distance. Use armor-piercing ammo.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Killed Balor yesterday as sniper/assault rifle/grenades guy level 14.

Balor wasn't a problem, i just destroyed his shield with EMP grenade and then one-shotted him with aimed shot 12.7mm sniper rifle loaded with armor-piercing ammo. His friends - that was the real problem.
Eventually, i just used frag mines and a ton of poisoned caltrops in a cramped area behind the main house where Balor sits. The fight was so long, i used adrenaline shot thrice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom