Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

20 reasons why Kingmaker is objectively better than Baldurs Gate 2

Which game is better?

• Total voters

Cael

Arcane
I can't believe laclongquan thinks the known troll is being serious...

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard
Cant tell if sarcastic or not when he uses a berry fetching quest as an example of better quests...

Anyway your shitposting is weak, you could learn much from the masters.

Aemar

Arcane
1. Better graphics

Starts yet another trolling thread with a screenshot depicting trolls getting owned.

:hmmm:

Generic-Giant-Spider

He's making the Kingmakers and Baldurans go to war with one another so that the Obsidianites can swoop in and finish off what remains.

And look how he tries to seduce some of us, posting pictures of primal giant spiders everywhere. I'll never fall for your seductions Safav, you nymph.

Obvious trolling. It's actually a conversation worth having, but he's not here to engage in any meaningful discourse. Just a bored child lashing out for attention at an adult's dinner party.

Dorateen

Arcane
I have no interest in a real time with pause pissing contest. But I'll lay down a couple of objective facts in favor of BG2.
  • uses Advanced Dungeons & Dragons ruleset
  • can have a custom party immediately without spending any gold

Bladderfish

Augur
Is the OP actually saying that the characters and writing in this game are good? Don't get me wrong, the game is great overall and I'm really enjoying it (after having the sense to wait for most of the bugs to get patched out before buying it). But the feminist/left-wing overtones kill the characters.

Amiri is a cliché that had me clicking through her dialogue like it was going out of fashion ("Men wouldn't let me play their game! Waaah!"; Linzi is about as personable as Jar-Jar Binks; Octavia has man-boobs (honestly; just look at her picture; if a feminist wasn't involved in doing that to her chest, I'll eat my hat); Valerie is another cliché ("Women are only appreciated for their looks! Waaah!".

And is it just me, or is everyone feckin bisexual? I'm not sure, tbh. Reg and Octavia certainly didn't mess about trying to stick their tongues down my throat in two different playthroughs as a man and a woman.

Still, I guess the world and area plots are pretty interesting. It is just the characters and their utter lack of nuance that bugs me.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

How many of them are men identifying as women?

Better question: how many of them are even in the fucking game? I thought Amiri was the only “iconic” Pathfinder character they used in Kingmaker.

It would be much easier to dismiss this shit as pure trolling if he hadn’t been so sincere about loving Deadfire. While on the surface this sure seems like a flat out satire of your typical Safav Hammon thread, the same could be said of most of his threads. Sure, he’s trolling, but there’s been a core of retarded sincerity in most of his posts.

bataille it would be easy to think the endless repetition of “objectively better” is a dead giveaway that it’s all for comedic effect/butthurt generation, but what if it’s sincere? Do we have evidence that this dude understands irony beyond the assumption that everything he posts here is performance art?

Okagron

Prophet
Anyway your shitposting is weak, you could learn much from the masters.
Your "arguments" got constantly trashed and destroyed, then you turned into a little bitch and started to put people in your ignore list when you couldn't come up with actual arguments (he did this in NMA too). Now you are trying to lean on the "i was totally shitposting the whole time" thing, which you weren't. Fuck off.

Last edited:

2house2fly

Magister
Is the OP actually saying that the characters and writing in this game are good? Don't get me wrong, the game is great overall and I'm really enjoying it (after having the sense to wait for most of the bugs to get patched out before buying it). But the feminist/left-wing overtones kill the characters.

Amiri is a cliché that had me clicking through her dialogue like it was going out of fashion ("Men wouldn't let me play their game! Waaah!"; Linzi is about as personable as Jar-Jar Binks; Octavia has man-boobs (honestly; just look at her picture; if a feminist wasn't involved in doing that to her chest, I'll eat my hat); Valerie is another cliché ("Women are only appreciated for their looks! Waaah!".

And is it just me, or is everyone feckin bisexual? I'm not sure, tbh. Reg and Octavia certainly didn't mess about trying to stick their tongues down my throat in two different playthroughs as a man and a woman.

Still, I guess the world and area plots are pretty interesting. It is just the characters and their utter lack of nuance that bugs me.
There's no substantive critique of the writing here at all. Not a word about the themes or plot or the way they interact with the non-linear structure of a compute rrole playing game. You're just annoyed that the game was made by people who don't share your politics.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Comparing the two games is like people who say a country is getting better because the economy is better than it was a generation ago (Kingmaker) while others point to the quality of life that people had a generation ago - BG2.
Which is a bit vague, but that's the point.

Kingmkaer was the best RPG I've played since the IE games, but nothing has yet dethroned the BG games.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Butthurt OP thought he'd prove a point by getting people to praise Kingmaker while shitting on BG2.

Get it through your thick skull dum-dum, people here aren't fanboying Kingmaker, you're fanboying Deadfire and refuse to aknowledge it's not as good as you think it is.

Maybe you played Deadfire before other stuff and are attached to it because it was among your first, maybe you just have shit taste, I don't know, but the problem lies with you not with everybody else.

J1M

Arcane
If Kingmaker was turn-based you'd only need one reason.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
This is Safav being subtle. Advocating a demonstrably absurd Kingmaker > BG2 claim is setting you guys up for the inevitable Deadfire vs. BG2 showdown.

Curratum

This picture ALMOST made me gay but then I remembered there are non-Pathfinder women and Pathfinder's women are non-women

Pathfinder is actually chock-full of attractive female portraits in various supplements and sourcebooks, it's just that somehow W. Reynolds became the most recognizable cover artist of the franchise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom