Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RimWorld - Damned Colonists in Space

a cut of domestic sheep prime

In the end you end up with 100 mods and you are a happy camper
the best mod is the one that replaces the animals with milkable anime girl monsters.

Risewild

Arbiter
I still remember when gaming "journalism" was actually impartial.
Before internet "journalism" we had nice and useful gaming magazines, that actually offered well constructed reviews and critics of games. How I miss those times. :argh:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I remember when game journalists were actually gamers first, who happened to do journalistic stuff.
Not journalists first, who happened to write about gaming.
And then activists first, who happned to do some journalistic stuff, which was randomly gaming.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Gaming-journalism, especially the review section, at this point is just an extension of game-developer/publishers PR branch. Instead or protecting the consumer, like journalists are supposed to, they just lick the developers boots. There's a few exceptions, but those are usually the reviewers that are big enough that they can afford to go against the grain without losing their livelihood.

Not having any major reviews might very well be related to that one hit-piece that got published, and him not giving up editorial rights over his own response to the dilemma. I'm assuming that most authors operate with complete control over what they quote/write without any further input from the interviewee/developer of the game they're writing about?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
PC Gamer lowered Rimworld's review score because of the "distasteful" backstories of some transgender characters. Turns out those backstories were written by transgender fans of the game, who based the characters on themselves. You can't make this shit up.
DwbDA7lUcAA9zkA.jpg
DwbDCBlUUAEkf9E.jpg
DwbDDDTVsAECEBl.jpg

GrainWetski

Arcane
The mentally deranged tranny doesn't even know how to harvest potatoes in the game.

Just when I thought the gayjournos at PC Gamer couldn't sink any lower.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I just want to know, if Rimworld gets a 74, what's the game in this genre that gets better than a 74? I would really love to play that.

Deleted Member 16721

I just want to know, if Rimworld gets a 74, what's the game in this genre that gets better than a 74? I would really love to play that.

Kenshi. It should get a 96 in my book. God-tier RPG/survival thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom