Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

When you're playing Wizardry 7, just remember it's not like other CRPG's.

jdinatale

Cipher
Wizardry 7 does something I've never seen before; It's like Sir-Tech is playing with the very properties of role-playing to set up something you can't understand at first, then they blow your mind with a gameplay idea that couldn't have been understood or expressed in just a few playthroughs. The gameplay engages you on a spiritual level and shows you things you didn't know existed.

If you don't like Wizardry 7, it's not because it's "overrated" or not as good as you've heard, it's because you haven't been enlightened. The best way to play it is to accept that the gameplay is excellent and you're in good hands. If you try to judge it like you do most CRPG's, it will prevent you from understanding.

Wizardry 7's gameplay is incredibly complex, almost to the point where you have to be paying complete attention to them to even remotely understand it. I remember exploring a dungeon in New City (though I can't remember what it was), where I thought the dungeon was absolute garbage during the exploration. Then, I closed my eyes for a second, and all of a sudden the dungeon had an entirely new meaning. It was insane the way Wizardry 7 could just become something so different when you take a look into the design.

Another thing you should note about Wizardry 7 is that it's easy to get a headache playing it. Not because it's a bad game, but because of how many ideas it's gameplay is riddled with and how complex it is. Soon enough your head will fill to the brim and the rest will just sound like noise to you. Just turn it off and try playing it the next day.

If you don't like the gameplay, you'll definitely at least enjoy reading through the lore, and picking apart the story itself and all of the artistic values that go into making it the complexity that it is.

Big Wrangle

Isn't that already what everybody says about the franchise as a whole?

McPlusle

Savant
I saw this same pasta but talking about Tool several years ago and now I'm not even sure if that's the original or not/

MilesBeyond

Cipher
There are those who live for love, there are those who live for power, and there are those who live for freedom, but I live for copypasta shitposts. I have given you the most prestigious of all ratings: The Doggy rating. Use it wisely.

Dorateen

Arcane
bradley.PNG

Darth Canoli

Arcane
If you try to judge it like you do most CRPG's, it will prevent you from understanding.

I thought the dungeon was absolute garbage during the exploration. Then, I closed my eyes for a second, and all of a sudden the dungeon had an entirely new meaning. It was insane the way Wizardry 7 could just become something so different when you take a look into the design.

Another thing you should note about Wizardry 7 is that it's easy to get a headache playing it.

Remind me of a guy during my military service.

He was all like "you don't understand ... you don't understaaaand ..."
Well, i understood he didn't even understand his own babble and then he was all "oh, you're so mean"

Well, he was high on weed, like very high.

Dude, don't smoke weed and play wizardry 7, it can do things to a man ...

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Wizardry 7 does something I've never seen before; It's like Sir-Tech is playing with the very properties of role-playing to set up something you can't understand at first, then they blow your mind with a gameplay idea that couldn't have been understood or expressed in just a few playthroughs. The gameplay engages you on a spiritual level and shows you things you didn't know existed.

If you don't like Wizardry 7, it's not because it's "overrated" or not as good as you've heard, it's because you haven't been enlightened. The best way to play it is to accept that the gameplay is excellent and you're in good hands. If you try to judge it like you do most CRPG's, it will prevent you from understanding.

Wizardry 7's gameplay is incredibly complex, almost to the point where you have to be paying complete attention to them to even remotely understand it. I remember exploring a dungeon in New City (though I can't remember what it was), where I thought the dungeon was absolute garbage during the exploration. Then, I closed my eyes for a second, and all of a sudden the dungeon had an entirely new meaning. It was insane the way Wizardry 7 could just become something so different when you take a look into the design.

Another thing you should note about Wizardry 7 is that it's easy to get a headache playing it. Not because it's a bad game, but because of how many ideas it's gameplay is riddled with and how complex it is. Soon enough your head will fill to the brim and the rest will just sound like noise to you. Just turn it off and try playing it the next day.

If you don't like the gameplay, you'll definitely at least enjoy reading through the lore, and picking apart the story itself and all of the artistic values that go into making it the complexity that it is.

If what you say about Wizardry is true, that would make Grimoire so inconceivably majestic that merely talking abo... yghfdnfg AHRGHHHhhhhhhh :deadtroll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom