Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum Multiverse Edition

sagat91

Novice
If one makes a false bug report, best course of action is clicking the ignore button instead of trying to listen to him and actually lose valuable time.
Yes, but may be he really needs help. I'm not sure that he is a troll. Everyone make mistakes.

I guess i have to uninstall and re-install to change it ?
Activate the box and reinstall the game.

I am not a troll don't worry
I also was confused that I don't have the ring at my Inventory :?
never had issues when i used auto update tool to get current version

GOG Version: no probs
Multiverse: it seems there was a conflict with something while updating :|
I reinstalled and no issues :)

sry for taking your time I rly thought that was a bug :cry:
__

Updates (1-4) for version 1.4.0.x are installed automatically when you start the game. It's like hotfixes. You don't need to start a new game.
Now we're working on RePack version 1.4.1.0. Some maps will be changed, so you have to start a new game.
[...]
this include some dead trees where the blimp crashed?

Macbeth

Scholar
I am on my virgin run through of Arcanum (currently in Ashbury) and I sometimes have the same issue when loading. Everyones reaction score freaks the fuck out becomes like enormously high. Then they turn tsundere and try to kill you
Provide please saves if you have before and after. We'll try to catch the reason.

this include some dead trees where the blimp crashed?
Not that one from your screen. I don't know trees layout from your screen.

Did just that, virgil auto-leveled to level 2 after a few wolves.
Your character is 1 level, as Virgil. If he always with you, you will receive levels together.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Your character is 1 level, as Virgil. If he always with you, you will receive levels together.

It's not my arcanum virgin run, just multiverse ;-)

What i meant is he auto-leveled, i can't distribute his ability point (he has 0) just like the first time i installed multiverse.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
There's a minor bug concerning Technological / Magical Aptitude changes
If you pick spells / technology in your level up screen but changed your mind and refund the points, the Aptitude still remains changed.

E.g Having 17 Tech Apt. I leveled up and tried taking Charm and Stun - This results in a drop to 7 Tech Apt from -10 (2 x 5)
I didn't like how this resulted in my charged ring DEX bonus being halved - so I changed my mind and refunded the spell pick.
To my surprise my Aptitude remain the same at 7 despite refunding the spell choices.

Efe

Erudite
so on windowed it seems to be very slow.
also didnt throughly check but my guess is on fullscreen it crashes when screensaver comes on
how are you best running this?

Fix pre-install of level cap through installer. Now it is only possible through manual installation from the folder where the game is installed.
1) What does this mean?
2) Is it worth it waiting for the new version or can I just start playing?
3) Are you planning to add the modules into arcanum main module?

Last edited:

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Also wonder about this one. Yes, it will probably time a lot of time to get them in, and will disbalance the game (even more) but this way the official modules will get more love. Rroyo (creator of the mod Arcanum WIP mod) did put in one of the bigger official mods (Vormantown) into this game. Maybe you can use part of this mod.

Macbeth

Scholar
1) What does this mean?
Level cap now is installed only manually. We want to make it possible to install it marking the box, like it was planned initially.

2) Is it worth it waiting for the new version or can I just start playing?
You can play. We'll issue the new version in Jan, probably. You have to start a new game in this case.
Now only updates issued. But you don't need to start a new game.

If you're speaking about adding a module in the original module, we'd prefer not to change the game SO MUCH.

Last edited:

Macbeth

Scholar
Update 5 for RePack v1.4.0.x.

What's new:

▪ RePack fixes:
√ Fixed bug with beggar reaction in Shrouded Hills.
√ Fixed bug with absence of reaction of Lorham on the Mr. Willoughsby's speech.
√ Fixed issues with Jyheirad's party:
- Fixed crush during inspection of Frondo's inventory.
- R'yn-Diak and Morrawynd now do not look naked after viewing their inventory.
√ Fixed mistake in filename Wall_Piece_15-Wall_Fix.art, which led to the invisibility of the art-object in the game and in the World Editor.
▪ Issues in the original game:
√ Now mission of King's Farad murder is considered to be failed if Mr. Willoughsby was warned about the plans of killing the king.
√ Fixed bug with permanent invisibility during using the Ring of Shadows [ATR].
√ Fixed pixel artifacts on the clothes textures in the inventory (all sizes):
- Nice Suit, Simple Suit, Fine Jacket, Rustic Finery, Smoking Jacket, Servants Uniform,
▪ Other gameplay modifications:
√ New replica was added for Lorham for one of the quest situations with Mr. Willoughsby.
√ Whysper's Gem now has its own unique art-file. Before it looks like Rough-Cut Emerald.

Compatibility:

▪ The current update is fully compatible with saves from version 1.4.0.x.
▪ Delete temporary files prior to launching the game to activate a part of preferences (checkbox “Delete Temporary Files” in the configurator).
▪ In case of problems with updater start, check the avaliability of update.exe in update_AME foulder.
√ If it exists then put this file to exceptions of your Anti-virus (just in case).
√ If it is ebsent, check the quarantine of your Anti-virus (or re-install the AME) and put this file to exceptions.

Have a nice game!

Darth Canoli

Arcane
So, am i the only one not being able to disable followers auto-levelling builds from Arcanum Multiverse ?

I even tried an old program that was supposed to work on the vanilla game but seems it doesn't work with Multiverse and i can't run the character editor either.
Installed it 4 times with the auto-levelling box checked and unchecked (2 times each), i can't disable the followers auto-distributing skill points.

Did anyone succeed or am i the only one in this dire situation ?

Doma

Augur
I am having issues when running this on Win 10. Mouse and menus are very laggy.

Running with double buffer on an high-res patch on.

When I try to run the game with DDrawcompat wrapper, it will not run at all.

Any obvious fixes I am missing to get it to run smooth?

Edit: How do I: Use Wine D3D libs ?

Doma

Augur
Never used windows 10 and hoping to never do.

Did you try to use the recommended settings from the first post the fifteen message on first page ?
Yeah running on the recommended settings. Weird that it will not launch with DDrawcompat though. That is probably why it is running so incredibly slow

Doma

Augur
The problem might be from outdated drivers / integrated graphic card or windows 10 itself, people are complaining all over the web about windows 10.
Just updated to the latest drivers on my 1080.

I have to note that this issue is only present when the high-res patch is active. At the moment I deactivate the high-res patch all is well.
Still, would like to have high-res.

Shadenuat

Arcane
After last patches game stopped crashing for me btw (might be reputation thing), but good old classic bug returned when your character begins running somewhere through sprites and you have to re-load & open map to fix it. But that's a lot better than crashes and honestly I'm used to it as much as crashing at entering Bates mansion 24622 times (not in this mod, but you know, through years ago) that game doesn't feel complete without it.

JaMpocalypse

Novice
After last patches game stopped crashing for me btw (might be reputation thing), but good old classic bug returned when your character begins running somewhere through sprites and you have to re-load & open map to fix it. But that's a lot better than crashes and honestly I'm used to it as much as crashing at entering Bates mansion 24622 times (not in this mod, but you know, through years ago) that game doesn't feel complete without it.
You can also solve this by trying to steal from someone, including your followers.

I saw this, but in a youtube video. Are you sure that it is non reproduceable? Because there was a certain procedure you had to do to experience this glitch.

Last edited:

JaMpocalypse

Novice
I saw this, but in a youtube video. Are you sure that it is non reproduceable? Because there was a certain procedure you had to do to experience this glitch.
If you mean this: "good old classic bug returned when your character begins running somewhere through sprites and you have to re-load & open map to fix it" , at least it happened to me in the last update when i tried to steal from an NPC in constant movement, for example the soldiers patrolling. Although it does not always happen, I would say only about 10% of the time. It can be solve by trying to steal again, making the character simply reappear.

Macbeth

Scholar
Update 6 for RePack v1.4.0.x.

What's new:

▪ RePack fixes:
√ Fixed game crush after the second conversation with Bingham in some of the dialogue variations.
√ Fixed Maids Dress transferring from Cedric Appleby.
√ Now when playing for a stupid character, Journal of Saint Mannox may be transferred to Alexander the Acolyte.
√ Fixed shortcoming in the quest with Master Prowler's third note.
√ Duplicate of the barrel with the Elixir of Hypnotic Suggestion scheme in the Tarant sewage system is excluded.
▪ Issues in the original game:
√ Raven's quest about finding T'sen-Ang is no longer left unfinished when the village is discovered by a stupid protagonist.
√ Fixed premature speech in dialogue with the King Praetor.
√ Fixed secondary appeal to the Blackroot Mayor about taxes quest.
√ Gilbert Bates' guards now will not attack protagonist wearing Small & Large Servants Uniform taken from Cedric Appleby.
√ Fixed bug with zero damage of the Throwing Dagger [ATR].
√ Ashbury Mayor now has advancement scheme "Upper Class NPC". His level was increased from 1 to 31.
√ Level of the second Molochean Hand agent in Shrouded Hills was increased from 3 to 13. He's dressed in the Suede Jacket.
▪ Other gameplay modifications:
√ Implemented experience gain for scripting damage with the following weapons: Harrow, Charged Sword, Shocking Staff, Charged Axe, Pyrotechnic Axe, Charged Accelerator Gun.
√ The chance for large armor to be on sale has been doubled.
- Large Basic Platemail and Large Bronzed Plate: from 5 to 10.
- Large Leather Armour: from 10 to 20.
- Large Studded Leather: from 5 to 10.
√ A Li'tani statuette has been added to the gypsy product range.

Compatibility:

▪ The current update is fully compatible with saves from version 1.4.0.x.
▪ Delete temporary files prior to launching the game to activate a part of preferences (checkbox “Delete Temporary Files” in the configurator).
▪ In case of problems with updater start, check the avaliability of update.exe in update_AME foulder.
√ If it exists then put this file to exceptions of your Anti-virus (just in case).
√ If it is ebsent, check the quarantine of your Anti-virus (or re-install the AME) and put this file to exceptions.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Will this work with the CD version? Will i have to update first before installing this?

I've recently replayed Arcanum two times (I finished my second playthrough today). Due to the recent update, I thought it was a good idea to use the Multiverse edition given that I had no issue with it in the past, and when a bug arised they were fast to fix it, provided you published a save.

I find Multiverse edition an ambitious project, rich of little visual tweaks that one wouldn't notice at first, such as:

Multiverse vs Vanilla

or the little detail that the gear you're going to find inside the Bessie mine, to fix the city's engine, is recolored. So from the "visual" point of view I would say that I couldn't find any fault in my playthroughs, so I can vouch for the "job".

Now I'll talk about my playthroughs.
1) I'm always going for magic in my games, but this time my choice was tech. I found myself quite content with how things were going, but I couldn't find my pyroaxe schematics inside the shops (even waiting had no effect). As such, given that I was around level 30, I thought - why not get the schematic inside the Tarant sewers? I entered the place with Arachnoids to get my pyroaxe. Killed them of course, then started to get the components and to craft it.

It is then I realized that the pyro axe was changed. Deemed to be cheaty, not only his dps were nerfed, but also now requires fuel to do its job - basically they gutted the weapon thinking that it was too strong, and as such they nerfed what made tech special.

I asked Macbeth and his answer was:
Long time ago fire damadge was reduced from 30-50 to 10-40. Why do you want to make a game easier? This axe was literary a cheat.
These are not game balance changes. These are precision correction to reduce power of unbalanced weapons. This is a big difference.

So, I'll say this - with changes such as this, Multiverse does not match anymore its description:
Thus, Arcanum Multiverse Edition (Arcanum RePack) is the game Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura without bugs and glitches, with the integration of improvements that were not included in the game by the developer (Troika Games), including official modules.

It is not a patching project, but creators will actually change what they deem cheaty - by talking about precision correction.

I also asked to compare Tech with Magic and they said magic was left untouched - so you know, if you're tech, get fucked.

Beside, the problem that I've felt is that if you compare the pyro axe to Bangellian Scourge, I would say Bangellian is still better given that you do not have even to change the weapon to fight certain monsters (and, bangellian, instead of fire, casts harm or quench life on the target every hit randomly), so I got pretty mad and actually stopped my Tech Playthrough.

And no, I didn't want to continue - was only the pyro touched? Who knows. What I'm looking for is an experience as authentic to UAP as possible. Authentic means that I want to play the game envisioned by the developers, not touched in some spots to appease the sensivity of people that find some weapons unbalanced.

Status of this half-ogre: deceased while making the pyroaxe he dreamed, but that didn't match his expectation.

2) And so.. I played the magic side. I didn't find any issue, but I used a spellist published in the discord to have the spell reflection bug back. Well the spell reflection bug doesn't work completely, only the variant with dweover shield works. Game was okay, I guess.

But.... I couldn't end it as I wanted. My plan was to ally myself with Dark elves, then discovering the truth about Mannox and telling everything to Alexander.

This leads to the following scenario: if you tell Alexander the truth about Mannox while being aligned with Dark elves, K'an Hua should come in and actually send you to the void instantly, with a juicy dialogue before.
Alexander in my game was unresponsive, still telling me that I should talk to K'an Hua (I had already talked to him).

Another bug I met was with Bedokaans - telling the poachers their coordinate made them not kill every bedokaan inside the camp, even if you get teleported here... so basically there were bedokaans and poachers all together (a bit far from each other, bedokaans near the elf, and poachers in the spot they should be).
Not even the elf was murdered.

There is another thing too: you can't refuse selling the ring to Gilbert Bates. As such, if you're using the new debug menu by Drog (2.0) you are going to regret every time you talk to GB with the ring, given that the option to not sell it disappeared. So, you'd better drop the ring before talking to Bates.

You would not find these bugs in UAP

For my next playthroughs, I won't be using Multiverse. I was looking for a patch project that gave me the best of all the fixes around, not looking for some balance changes coupled with bugs I would not find in UAP.

But even without the bugs, the fact itself that the pyroaxe was touched left me a sour taste in my mouth, because from that moment I asked myself: are there other "precision corrections" that were inserted into Multiverse, that I'm not currently aware of? This would be a can of worms, honestly I wanted to check Bangellian and other weapons (like the iron clan hammer) but I found that I would be busy hunting for things, while I can just play the authentic experience of Arcanum + UAP

Good gaming!

Last edited:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
As always when it comes to Arcanum, Drog was right:
Guys, I'm kinda retarded and not following the entire process of Drog taking over the Multiverse Edition mod's thread for himself, so does ME and the new HR patch separated from each other and had to be installed one after the other? Or is there some special steps that has to be taken (kinda like making compatibility patch)?

This Multiverse mod originally started as a Russian language translation project, then they stuffed it with as many mods as they could find online + back-translated the whole thing into English. It's pretty buggy. IMO, no reason to bother with the current (possibly last) version of this thing if you're not a Russian speaker.

Just one example, they didn't understand the way the the UAP patches prototypes, so a lot of items have broken stats. And then their "former" meth head (seriously) modder/project leader decided it would be a good idea to mess with p much every single map location (this blade of grass is 2 pixels off, must fix!) leading to probably numerous fuck ups all over the place.

But who am I to tell anyone what to do with their game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom