Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That's nice and all, but I still want to know how to save Octavia.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Nope, I didn't. They both die btw.

Sounds like a bug then. If you romance one of the two, the other dies. If you don't romance neither they both should live if you did their quests to the end.

You sure you did Octavia questline fully?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Nah you are wrong, I did the "evil way" in both my playthrough for Octavia, and she lived.

The evil way kills black archer man though.

I think that even if he won't admit it but he romanced Regongar.

Projas

Patron

Sounds like a bug then. If you romance one of the two, the other dies. If you don't romance neither they both should live if you did their quests to the end.

You sure you did Octavia questline fully?
Pretty sure, yeah.
Anpparently you have to resolve their quests the good way. Then again, I got the "good" ending in Tristian's and Jaethal's quests, and still ended up with the healbot dead and Jaethal an undead inquisitor of Pharasma.
Yeah did that with Octavia, p. sure. Though I did tell Regognar "nah ur good" when he asked me to do shit, idk if that affects it somehow.

Projas

Patron
What choices did you make for Octavia's personal quest?
Spared the technic league lad when first meeting her and Reg
Freed the burning slaves instead of pursuing Maestro Anus
Reunited her with her mum and encouraged her to forgive her (or said "yay, gj forgiving ur mum" or something, don't remember what exactly it was)

purpleblob

Savant
What choices did you make for Octavia's personal quest?
Spared the technic league lad when first meeting her and Reg
Freed the burning slaves instead of pursuing Maestro Anus
Reunited her with her mum and encouraged her to forgive her (or said "yay, gj forgiving ur mum" or something, don't remember what exactly it was)

Sounds like you made all right choices... so I guess a bug? Unless her fate is also tied to Reg's as well? I always managed to save them both :/

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hmm I am confused. About Dugath and the camp
First time I did it, I did all areas and saved 2 sisters and when I came back to the camp Sisters asked the camp to kill me and I had an option to get Dugath to help me.
Now I did that whole thing again with a LG character, basically did everything the same and when I came back to the camp Sisters again got everyone to kill me but this time I didn't have an option to get Dugath to join me...
Two things I know I did differently this time: I told Spriggans I would clear the cave of barbarians so they can go back there but I cleared the cave using Diplomacy. Second thing I did differently is that wounded barbarian you meet in one of the 3 dungeons. This time I honored his wish and didn't heal him but let him die.
I am pretty confused why is everything different this time.. how did this part of the game go for you guys and what did you do do get it like that?
I don't know if this is a bug in 1.2 beta I am playing and if I should be reporting it..

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think you have to not fuck up the feast CYOA
Hmm first time I didn't know the drinking custom but then told my stories and shit.
This time I did the drinking custom as a true barbarian and again told my stories about Stag Lord.

Deleted Member 16721

You have to earn Dugath's respect, at the drinking party/feast and helping find dead Barbarians on that other battlefield map. He has a hidden respect value for you depending on how the feast goes.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If you have Amiri in your party at the time she'll guide you through the barbarian feast CYOA.

Valley of the dead update: GOD DAMN SOUL EATERS GET OFF OF ME LIVE MY WISDOM SCORE ALONE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Other than that, first floor basically complete. Just need to get through that final clusterfuck without major losses and I can move on to the next floor which will no doubt be friendlier.

If only your companions could resist whipping their dicks out every time a talking bird shows up. Although the 1 on 1 fights aren't so tough, it's the gangbang at the end that gets fiddly. Should be able to get through it fine but since it smacked me down a couple times and my final attempt had my wizard go from perfect to dead in one round of unfortunate combat I figured I'd take a quick break. Going to try having Harrim use banishment since they're probably outsiders since they aren't undead, and if that's unsuccessful I'll go the Sarevok in BG1 route and summon a bunch of shitty cannon fodder to stagger them long enough for me to kill the ones that spawn closest. Dog the dog already bit the dust earlier in the dungeon so I'm down a bit of a meatshield there.

Also a shame that the AC on my non-Valeries aren't as godly as they used to be. Nok-Nok actually takes some hits around 32AC. Valerie is still mostly a brick shithouse since in defensive stance her AC is 43 IIRC, but it depends on the encounter for if I can abuse that. Not sure I can even crank Nok-Nok up much more. Zapping himself with a wand of shield can get him a bit but other than that he's running around naked with all my best protection items since armor only slows him down. Hitting him with reduce person works too of course. I guess I should start doing that regularly, with the metamagic rod to extend it it'd last a fair while. Next time I rest I may also stock up on some dispel magics since given what I'm presumably coming up against it'll probably be useful.

How in the fuck did I miss this game?

I need to get out more....
To be fair I don't know if anyone expected Kingmaker to be this good. I heard about it like a week before it was released, figured I'd try it even though I don't give two shits about Pathfinder, and then it ended up being my RPGOTY.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You have to earn Dugath's respect, at the drinking party/feast and helping find dead Barbarians on that other battlefield map. He has a hidden respect value for you depending on how the feast goes.
I think I have done both. On that big map full of
Cyclops Zombies
and bandits I did the quest for the Barbarian lady and she thanked me before she left.

Oh well, at least I got Dugath's sword and belt :D

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Valley of the dead update: GOD DAMN SOUL EATERS GET OFF OF ME LIVE MY WISDOM SCORE ALONE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Other than that, first floor basically complete. Just need to get through that final clusterfuck without major losses and I can move on to the next floor which will no doubt be friendlier.

If only your companions could resist whipping their dicks out every time a talking bird shows up. Although the 1 on 1 fights aren't so tough, it's the gangbang at the end that gets fiddly. Should be able to get through it fine but since it smacked me down a couple times and my final attempt had my wizard go from perfect to dead in one round of unfortunate combat I figured I'd take a quick break. Going to try having Harrim use banishment since they're probably outsiders since they aren't undead, and if that's unsuccessful I'll go the Sarevok in BG1 route and summon a bunch of shitty cannon fodder to stagger them long enough for me to kill the ones that spawn closest. Dog the dog already bit the dust earlier in the dungeon so I'm down a bit of a meatshield there.

Also a shame that the AC on my non-Valeries aren't as godly as they used to be. Nok-Nok actually takes some hits around 32AC. Valerie is still mostly a brick shithouse since in defensive stance her AC is 43 IIRC, but it depends on the encounter for if I can abuse that. Not sure I can even crank Nok-Nok up much more. Zapping himself with a wand of shield can get him a bit but other than that he's running around naked with all my best protection items since armor only slows him down. Hitting him with reduce person works too of course. I guess I should start doing that regularly, with the metamagic rod to extend it it'd last a fair while. Next time I rest I may also stock up on some dispel magics since given what I'm presumably coming up against it'll probably be useful.
I always made soul eaters the priority target due to their level draining shit which is annoying, tank them with Jaethal who's immune and put them down immediately. A wizard should be buffed with expeditious retreat 24/7 which should let you outkite anything, do you let yourself get pummeled by melee?

In the 1v1s others can still help you by casting haste on you or healing you. if you make Nok-Nok a vivisectionist he gets spellcasting (shield, true strike, blur, delay poison, haste etc) and a mutagen that increases DEX and gives bonus AC, AC wise he can really become quite tanky, if built and equipped right, just max Dex, wear a robe, use bracers of armor , dex item, use shield spell, use barkskin, use legendary proportions etc, his main problem was always the shit saving throws but his AC can actually get really high.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I always made soul eaters the priority target due to their level draining shit which is annoying, tank them with Jaethal who's immune and put them down immediately. A wizard should be buffed with expeditious retreat 24/7 which should let you outkite anything, do you let yourself get pummeled by melee?

In the 1v1s others can still help you by casting haste on you or healing you. if you make Nok-Nok a vivisectionist he gets spellcasting (shield, true strike, blur, delay poison, haste etc) and a mutagen that increases DEX and gives bonus AC, AC wise he can really become quite tanky, if built and equipped right, just max Dex, wear a robe, use bracers of armor , dex item, use shield spell, use barkskin, use legendary proportions etc, his main problem was always the shit saving throws but his AC can actually get really high.
But you sacrifice some of his offensive powers (d8 sneak attack) and high level rogue abilities (which are pretty awesome) for that.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
But you sacrifice some of his offensive powers (d8 sneak attack) and high level rogue abilities (which are pretty awesome) for that.
No. You keep the d8 sneak attack and newly gained sneak dice from vivi will also be d8 as long as you keep on using small blades like dagger, kukri etc, and the gains from vivi spellcasting and mutagen, mummification etc outweigh those of continuing as knifemaster.

Funposter

Arcane
if you make Nok-Nok a vivisectionist he gets spellcasting (shield, true strike, blur, delay poison, haste etc)

i feel like Nok Nok's BAB is high enough that he'll never miss anything, so True Strike seems redundant. Haste is also irrelevant, since there are several good party members that can and should learn it. Don't worry about having him buff himself. Just focus on pure DPS. You have five other party members who can help out.

I was hasted and kiting, but I was being really sloppy about it since I'd been playing a while and I misjudged a "I bet I can get this spell off before he reaches me" call. I also did buff up on the 1v1s, though that's a good call on making Nok-Nok a vivisectionist. Probably could've stood to do that sooner actually, he'd probably get a lot out of it. I'd have to eyeball the levels to get a decent sense of how much (If at all) I fucked up by not leveling him into it. Party's level 11 now but unless there's something really cool for rogue I'll probably send him to vivi.

Also haven't got Jaethal. Party's me (Wizard), Harrim, Ekun, Nok-nok, Valerie, Regongar. Reg is probably the weakest link but I wanted to fuck the orc since I thought it'd be the funniest romance and I was curious how magus would play out (Not too bad as it turns out).

i feel like Nok Nok's BAB is high enough that he'll never miss anything, so True Strike seems redundant. Haste is also irrelevant, since there are several good party members that can and should learn it. Don't worry about having him buff himself. Just focus on pure DPS. You have five other party members who can help out.
That's also very true, however. Not to mention his crit range with improved critical while using keen kukris means he should still be fairly reliably hitting shit even with impossibly inflated AC since rolling a crit counts as a hit even if you whiff the confirmation, IIRC. Especially the haste part, since I've got that on both my PC and Reg so I can get a large number of casts per rest, not to mention they're always extended. In fact fuck it, I guess I'll play a bit more Kingmaker tonight and knock out that encounter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom