Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2018: Results & Cool Graphs

Elzair

Cipher
Meh. No AC:O option. :decline:

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
How many have fallen, look at how high Fallout 76 stands in terms of voters
:shredder:

Look at your right, then look at your left.
One of these posters played Fallout 76. Some might even have bought it.
Unless you're Politician, then none of them has, ofc.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
kinda surprised with KCD getting the second spot but the top 3 are still great

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
To those 69 (heh, funny number) that voted for Cultist Simulator - meaning those of us that love lovecraftian-themed RPGs - I would like to thank them for voting, and catapulting that tiny little game to top 20.

I honestly thought I'd be the only one voting for it.

Once again, the Codex proves it has good taste. :hug:

Martyr

Arcane
To those 69 (heh, funny number) that voted for Cultist Simulator - meaning those of us that love lovecraftian-themed RPGs - I would like to thank them for voting, and catapulting that tiny little game to top 20.

I honestly thought I'd be the only one voting for it.

Once again, the Codex proves it has good taste. :hug:
wasn't Cultist Simulator a roguelite card-strategy game??

Martyr

Arcane
qP1vE3i.png

QeidDbZ.png

:hmmm:

Jinn

Arcane
Pretty much what my personal top 3 of the year would be, except ATOM and KCD with switched places. Great poll, and great taste as usual, my codexian brethren! Kingmaker got the place it deserved. Too bad a representative from Owlcat won't come interact with us to the amazing degree Atomboy has.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's a rogue-like RPG with a story (and lore), despite what the creator says there.

The cards at the bottom act as stats.
You can lose HP, and regain it. You use Passion and Reason, to fulfill tasks and quests.

You interact with NPCs which can either be adversaries, competitors, helpers, minions, teachers and even romantic partners (as much as that rolls in a lovecraftian game).

You go on adventures in all sorts of locations, that require skill checks and resources to overcome - and, if overcome, at the end yield a myriad of rewards, ranging from lore to useful items.

You can even craft, albeit in a very limited fashion, but with interesting consequences.

You can summon creatures to help you in your endavours.

And finally... you can dream, and explore the Mansus in all its glory.

It's an RPG. :)

Heretic

Cipher
What is that "Heartbeat" in the bottom right corner, loved so much by so few?

And Lurking II?

Last edited:
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
First of all, I want to complain that there was no mention of how long the voting was going to take place (or if there was, I somehow missed it).
This made me miss out on voting, which I find to be unfortunate.

Interesting results however, but I think Vampyr was treated a bit too harshly here.
Sure, the SJW undertones are sometimes cringy (although not that prevalent. Could have been worse.) and the controls can be messy sometimes, but overall it was a good for what it was experience with some neat ideas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom