Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Okay, I'm out of ideas. How do you get through the Singularity corridor with that clock? I tried using it, walking backwards, but it's still the same. EDIT: Okay, apparently I need to equip it and then walk backwards.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Okay, so I found four of the endings:

1. Perwinkle forward in time ending
2. Xenozoid diplomatic ending (does it make a difference to which of the two bounty hunters you bring it to?)
3. The Moon crate ending
4. The Spring of Life crate ending

I remember that there is an ending with Ahriman, but I killed him a long time ago. Is there anything else? There is this one gate at the end that stays closed - what's up with that?

And I didn't find the place to learn the firearms skill in the endgame. Searched the alien barracks, but it's not there from what I can tell.

Gunnar

Arbiter

1. Perwinkle forward in time ending
2. Xenozoid diplomatic ending (does it make a difference to which of the two bounty hunters you bring it to?)
3. The Moon crate ending
4. The Spring of Life crate ending

I remember that there is an ending with Ahriman, but I killed him a long time ago. Is there anything else? There is this one gate at the end that stays closed - what's up with that?

And I didn't find the place to learn the firearms skill in the endgame. Searched the alien barracks, but it's not there from what I can tell.

I only found 1 and 3. I've been running around trying to figure out how to open that door or do something with the clock. Even though I got an ending it still sort of feels like a dead end.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
For 4 you simply need to pull the lever that opens the Spring of Life teleport. In a room next to the spring there is a barrel with which you can do the same thing as with the crate.

For 2 you need to go back out of the endgame area and give the Havoc Seed to one of the two bounty hunters. I liked that one the most.

Gunnar

Arbiter
Optimal multiclass paths to reach the desired end class:

MET-BER-RAN-WAR
MET-BER-RAN-WAR-PIR
RAN-WAR-BER
MET-WAR-BER-RAN
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI-ASS
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI-BAR
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI-BAR-JES
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI-BAR-SAG-CLE
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI-BAR-SAG-CLE-TEM
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI-BAR-CLE-SAG
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI-BAR-CLE-SAG-THA-NEC-WIZ
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI-BAR-CLE-SAG-WIZ-THA-NEC
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI-BAR-CLE-SAG-WIZ-NEC-THAU

Dorateen

Arcane

Were you able to access the console using the special visor equipped? I believe it is in another room that is across the bridge you have to activate.

For the locked gate that stays shut, you must do something further with the Mysterium Metronome.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Were you able to access the console using the special visor equipped? I believe it is in another room that is across the bridge you have to activate.

For the locked gate that stays shut, you must do something further with the Mysterium Metronome.

1. Doing something more with Mysterium Metronome other than using the Pipes Majestyk on it? And that something will open the final gate to the top of the mountain?

2. I lowered the bridge, but there are only the two ACME machines with weapons and ammo - no place where you learn the firearms skill.

Dorateen

Arcane

1. Doing something more with Mysterium Metronome other than using the Pipes Majestyk on it? And that something will open the final gate to the top of the mountain?

2. I lowered the bridge, but there are only the two ACME machines with weapons and ammo - no place where you learn the firearms skill.

Use the Havoc Seed on the Metronome, and it will cause something to happen. You will then be able to open that locked gate.

I remember that room with the ACME machines, there should be a console in the wall around that room, no? I was able to equip the alien visors and access the machine, which had the option of learning Firearms. I'll have to double check to be sure.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I found a screen I missed in the barracks (opposite of one of the ACME machines), but all it says is to find and return the Havoc Seed etc. Opposite the other ACME machine in that room is a place that looks like there should be another screen to interact with, but no screen appears when you click there. Maybe a bug?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
About the endings:

So basically, in all but two of the endings you end up at Reality Hijinx HQ on another planet. Only the Periwinkle ending (for sure) and Ahriman ending (maybe) are different.

Jazz_

Arcane
How do I multiclass? I have a metalsmith but I think I kinda botched him when it comes to crafting skills in that I forgot to pump metallurgy and bladesmanship; since now levelling is quite slow (I'm level 6) I don't think I can catch up so I'm thinking of switching him to warrior (is there an advantage in doing so btw?), how does it work?

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Right click on his picture and select "change profession" - then you can see if you can switch to anything else. But you will still need to get the XP necessary for Level 7 as Metalsmith, so better wait with switching class until you are close to leveling up because otherwise you lose attribute points for quite a while. After that you will level up quickly in the new class.

As to class requirements, check if he has the necessary attribute points:
http://grimoire.wiki/index.php/Classes#Attribute_Requirements_for_each_Class

Each class only has a few classes it can change to - in the case of Metalsmith only Warrior, Berserker or Pirate (and you cannot change back to a class you already had):
http://grimoire.wiki/index.php/Classes#Multi-Classing

Dorateen

Arcane
Metalsmith to Berserker is an honorable path.

M8sV1Oi.jpg

Jazz_

Arcane
Well apparently all the other classes are greyed out, I guess I lack the necessary attributes to multiclass. I shall continue as a metalsmith (is there an advantage being a warrior over a metalsmith btw?).

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Multiclassing really has to be planned out from the start, because some races are very difficult to multiclass such as Saurians (very low racial numbers in some stats). And you also need to either save the extra attribute points you get on level up or use them in the stats you need to change to the next class.

Multiclassing has the advantage of giving you much more HP and Mana after doing it a few times - and more spells to choose from in the case of the spellcasters. Also, other than recruiting Chuckles, there is no way to get a Jester - other than through multiclassing.

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Instead of rewinding the clock to go back in time, turn it up once again to go further into the future.

As to the Ahriman ending, it sounds pretty much like the flying saucer ending when you put the Havoc Seed and the Metronome together and destroy both.

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
That's the one I was talking about. You destroy the machines and go through the previously locked front gate. Ahriman is there, waiting for you, you fight, and then you fly away. Is there another Ahriman ending, of is it just if you beat him earlier you get to the saucer hassle free?

Yeah, I killed him a long time ago, so when I went to the top there was only the flying saucer there. So if Ahriman is still alive, is there a choice to give him the Havoc Seed and have a different ending?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Was anyone able to gain the
Djinn name
legit in Ancients IV?

I went back to see the new scenes and I *still* can't read it, even with 100 points in ancient history!

Gunnar

Arbiter
Was anyone able to gain the
Djinn name
legit in Ancients IV?

I went back to see the new scenes and I *still* can't read it, even with 100 points in ancient history!

Yeah I used the Patron Argent to level my sage until he had 100 in Ancient History... still couldn't read it. I cast Read Magic and tried many times and it finally worked. I think it checks both literacy and history. This is not the name of the genie in the bottle, rather for something that happens at the end. The problem is that you cannot visit the same area twice, so when I came back with the genies name I couldnt use it, so I don't know what exactly you get for it.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Yeah, the Djinn name in Ancients IV is of a different Djinn. ;) Still no idea where to find the name of the bottle djinn within the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom