Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
No joke. Whenever I run a Unity game, my fans go to 100% and everything buzzes like mad, and it still goes blazing hot, whether anything warrants it or not. It's fucking amazing, really, considering that most Unity games are by no means high-end, graphically.

Never leave Unity games unattended, kids. If not because of fire hazards, do it because of the electricity bill. I swear it'd be less costly to mine cryptocurrency.
It's the same on my rig which plays graphically demanding games like Witcher 3 on ultra without as much as making a noise, yet boot up an Unity game and the fans start to howl. Anybody knows why? There has to be a reason, right?

No joke. Whenever I run a Unity game, my fans go to 100% and everything buzzes like mad, and it still goes blazing hot, whether anything warrants it or not. It's fucking amazing, really, considering that most Unity games are by no means high-end, graphically.

Never leave Unity games unattended, kids. If not because of fire hazards, do it because of the electricity bill. I swear it'd be less costly to mine cryptocurrency.
It's the same on my rig which plays graphically demanding games like Witcher 3 on ultra without as much as making a noise, yet boot up an Unity game and the fans start to howl. Anybody knows why? There has to be a reason, right?
Incompetence.
of Unity Engine and of devs who use the engine.

Incendax

Augur
Saving seems to take a bit longer. Or am I imagining that because I haven't played in a while?
Saving does take longer now. And if you alt-tab while it is saving you can freeze the game. If you have auto save turned on, you can get fucked if you alt tab during a map transition (because the game is still auto saving).

ArchAngel

Arcane
Saving seems to take a bit longer. Or am I imagining that because I haven't played in a while?
Saving does take longer now. And if you alt-tab while it is saving you can freeze the game. If you have auto save turned on, you can get fucked if you alt tab during a map transition (because the game is still auto saving).
I am not sure it does take longer. Even before the patch and before beta when you got to midgame saving the game started becoming a longer process.

As for alt tabing during game play, this is why there exists a borderless windowed option.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
And if you alt-tab while it is saving you can freeze the game. If you have auto save turned on, you can get fucked if you alt tab during a map transition (because the game is still auto saving).
As someone that alt-tabs all the fucking time during saves and loads and transitions, that right there is a deal-breaker.

Sharpedge

Prophet
After finishing the update to 1.2 I have 1 question...
oOwF0XN.jpg

How do I create a new character?

ArchAngel

Arcane
And if you alt-tab while it is saving you can freeze the game. If you have auto save turned on, you can get fucked if you alt tab during a map transition (because the game is still auto saving).
As someone that alt-tabs all the fucking time during saves and loads and transitions, that right there is a deal-breaker.
Use borderless windowed.

ArchAngel

Arcane
After finishing the update to 1.2 I have 1 question...
oOwF0XN.jpg

How do I create a new character?
did you use any mods before you updated? Did you try to click custom portraits?
I did not use any mods but I did click on custom portraits.
Restart the game then. This is a bug with custom portaits. I think it is solved by going into folder where custom portaits are in and setting windows security (everyone: full).
I could not load a save before I did the same on the saves folder :D

Have the same problem, and it's definitely the custom portraits. If you try to switch between different custom portraits something breaks, and if you then try to go back to the menu and start over again, you get that blank screen. Just restart the game and it will work fine again. Annoying, but you can still have the custom portrait you want by copying the files over the first custom portrait that opens up.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
After the patch hit I resumed my playthrough and entered The House. It's really as bad as this thread made it out to be. I wonder what in the development process led to this.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
I am literally three map transitions away from completing the game and what should appear in all my auto and quicksaves: "Object reference not set to an instance" bug when I try to go to the
bloom map after the Lantern King teleports your kingdom into the first world (I successfully romanced Nyrissa).
So there goes a 90 hour play through into the shitter. :negative:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am literally three map transitions away from completing the game and what should appear in all my auto and quicksaves: "Object reference not set to an instance" bug when I try to go to the
bloom map after the Lantern King teleports your kingdom into the first world (I successfully romanced Nyrissa).
So there goes a 90 hour play through into the shitter. :negative:
If you are on Steam try to "Repair your game files"

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So what's the Kodex Konsensus on this after a few months?

All the reviews seem incredibly butthurt about not being able to respec (which would make all your character build choices pointless anyway, like D:OS 2), and Sawyerists bitching about MUH BALANCE :balance:

Sykar

Arcane
So what's the Kodex Konsensus on this after a few months?

All the reviews seem incredibly butthurt about not being able to respec (which would make all your character build choices pointless anyway, like D:OS 2), and Sawyerists bitching about MUH BALANCE :balance:

It is a good game which came out at least 3 months too early but it has been shaping up nicely. Now all they have to do is iron out the last bugs and kinks and I will gladly vote this as one of the best games this decade.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom