Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

track02

Novice
Finally had some more time to play, wandered around the metro and came to the foundry and hit a bit of a wall - the place is huge but there doesn't seem to be much there, the perspective doesn't help either I spent about 15 minutes just walking around before I found the entrance to the town hall.

I liked the murder bunker though, it got pretty tense trying to creep around in the vents; I ended up hacking some turrets to kill whats-her-face.
And it looked like there were loads of ways to get out of the bunker too which is neat.

Killing the beast was cool but the backtracking to SGS got a bit tedious and I'd already taken out Balor on my way there (is it even possible to use that hammer?).
Apart from that I don't think I found anything else to do which is a shame.

ciox

Liturgist
Finally had some more time to play, wandered around the metro and came to the foundry and hit a bit of a wall - the place is huge but there doesn't seem to be much there, the perspective doesn't help either I spent about 15 minutes just walking around before I found the entrance to the town hall.

I liked the murder bunker though, it got pretty tense trying to creep around in the vents; I ended up hacking some turrets to kill whats-her-face.
And it looked like there were loads of ways to get out of the bunker too which is neat.

Killing the beast was cool but the backtracking to SGS got a bit tedious and I'd already taken out Balor on my way there (is it even possible to use that hammer?).
That place really could use some signage, yeah. There's more quests but it would be spoilery to tell you too much, if you don't care about that then just check out http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Quests

ArchAngel

Arcane

You don't need to backtrack, that is why railroads exist lol.

track02

Novice

They definitely help but I still found it a slog: going to SGS to get a dog cage then back to the mines to capture a worm then back to SGS to see the biologist then back to the mines to get the spine then back to SGS to get the emitter and then back to the mines to finish off

Although in another playthrough I'd be prepared and do everything at once so could cut it down to probably one trip back to SGS

ciox

Liturgist

They definitely help but I still found it a slog: going to SGS to get a dog cage then back to the mines to capture a worm then back to SGS to see the biologist then back to the mines to get the spine then back to SGS to get the emitter and then back to the mines to finish off

Although in another playthrough I'd be prepared and do everything at once so could cut it down to probably one trip back to SGS
Yep, especially since the Foundry butcher should sell cages.

track02

Novice
Well I'm finally up to Tchort after spending what feels like a whole day clearing out the Deep Caverns

Any good tips for this guy?
Seems best to rush and nuke him since the tentacles regen/respawn so fast but I can only last a few rounds and 2-3 are wasted just getting close to him

Any good tips for this guy?
Seems best to rush and nuke him since the tentacles regen/respawn so fast but I can only last a few rounds and 2-3 are wasted just getting close to him
Do the mutagen puzzle if you haven't already, it permanently kills a bunch of his tentacles.
If you have stealth then you can sneak to each of the four mutagen tanks and destroy them with TNT. Each one you blow up slows down the tentacle respawn time.
If you don't have stealth and you can't find a way to kill him then your build/equipment might just not be good enough, sorry. There aren't any other ways to make the fight easier. This might be it for you.

track02

Novice
Do the mutagen puzzle if you haven't already, it permanently kills a bunch of his tentacles.
If you have stealth then you can sneak to each of the four mutagen tanks and destroy them with TNT. Each one you blow up slows down the tentacle respawn time.
If you don't have stealth and you can't find a way to kill him then your build/equipment might just not be good enough, sorry. There aren't any other ways to make the fight easier. This might be it for you.

Not done the puzzle so will try figure that out
I have no stealth just pure psionics and haven't really had any major issues up until this point, will give it another go this evening - maybe I need to consider some of my other powers

Sheepherder

Augur
I'm outraged!
JlcyK9W.jpg

Did Underrail go on sale during the steam winter sale?

DC really is a quality end-game area. I always complain about them in games; they're usually linear slogs where you're never adequately challenged, considering you have an entire game's worth of experience and loot. DC not only brings difficult fights, it brings entirely new kinds of challenges and forces you to be careful with your resources. People complain about easy games and then when they get a hard one they bitch and call it shit.

track02

Novice
And down goes Tchort!
Spent a good while gathering up everything for the Mutagen puzzle but it definitely helped, I was able to beat him pretty comfortably afterwards

user

Savant
I haven't played this game, is it better than Fallout 4?

But tasteless humor aside, I am thinking of getting it, got any advice, recommended options (read smth about xp styles?) or "things you wished you knew" before you started it?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I haven't played this game, is it better than Fallout 4?

But tasteless humor aside, I am thinking of getting it, got any advice, recommended options (read smth about xp styles?) or "things you wished you knew" before you started it?
I'd read up on some typical builds to try and decide what you want to go for.
Also, I'd definitely stick to the default XP gaining (by finding "curiosities" in the world), I found it an interesting experience, while it did not really have a practical effect on how fast you level.

Wunderbar

Arcane
go with classic xp mode, and use stealth.
Stealth is great, and it'll make things much easier.

Oddity makes exploration in the game feel even more worth it and sometimes forces you to check out areas you're "not ready for" in the hopes of finding Jerry's Balls of +100 XP and usually that sends you down some encounters or quests that a non-completionist might have ignored otherwise. At least that's how it went for me. Classic seems dreadfully dull when you have Oddity available to turn the game into a pseudo-0451 game where exploration is heavily rewarded.

Or you get off on grinding skids in tunnels, I don't know.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't fuck up your game - choose oddity XP. This way you are hunting for items and exploring the world, and I'm telling you this is the biggest and coolest hand-crafted world to explore in a recent RPG. With combat XP, you are just hunting for combat.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Don't fuck up your game - choose oddity XP. This way you are hunting for items and exploring the world, and I'm telling you this is the biggest and coolest hand-crafted world to explore in a recent RPG. With combat XP, you are just hunting for combat.
:deathclaw:
It doesn't matter if you just explore everything anyway. Who the fuck will play this game,or any RPG and not explore everything?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom