Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I will bring buttons back

Buttons

• Total voters

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Should've realized this place has no redeeming quality months ago. Even the lack of moderation that means you -could- get really good blowout heated arguments over interesting shit is wasted, cause you're all too busy proving how cool you are by not caring about anything - except, of course, the desperate desire that everyone think you're cool for not caring about anything. I noted that as the common defining characteristic of the typical Codexer in my last big argument on this board, actually... should've left then.
143ksky.png
Only 90s kids will remember this
hello friend,

Not all are like that
Because you're cunts. Cunts who I don't -want- to give any pleasure in life. Cunts who live to aggravate me after I've spent a fucking year fixing bugs in their favorite game.

but how are you going to participate in Codex DoW League Season II if you leave?
I probably won't quit entirely. As I said in my first post (hours ago), I'll probably get back into the mood someday. But right now, the thought that the cretins over there will get use out of my sweat and hard work just nauseates me. I'll probably keep doing it for you guys eventually (and thanks for the support) but it's going to be a while before I can enjoy anything to do with this. The assholes have pretty much destroyed my desire to work my ass off so that they can use my work while heaping abuse over trivial bullshit. I probably won't quit entirely. As I said in my first post (hours ago), I'll probably get back into the mood someday. But right now, the thought that the cretins over there will get use out of my sweat and hard work just nauseates me. I'll probably keep doing it for you guys eventually (and thanks for the support) but it's going to be a while before I can enjoy anything to do with this. The assholes have pretty much destroyed my desire to work my ass off so that they can use my work while heaping abuse over trivial bullshit. For some strange and whacky reason, it doesn't seem worth the while anymore.

I would rate this :autism:

But I can't.

Nah, a simple butthurt rating would suffice.

Hello friend, how much does your anus hurt? Show us on this doll where DU touched you.:butthurt:l

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I have a feeling that 90% of button hatred is just butthurt over negative ratings and 10% is people on potatoes, worried about performance.

I have a feeling that 90% of button hatred is just butthurt over negative ratings and 10% is people on potatoes, worried about performance.

Nobody cares about the negative ratings, it's just that some of us don't like the sitcom-like vibe the buttons bring in every thread.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nobody cares about the negative ratings, it's just that some of us don't like the sitcom-like vibe the buttons bring in every thread.

except for the people who get butthurt about negative ratings and then go on a rating spree because they are butthurt but 'nobody cares about the negative ratings' because you people like to redefine reality to suit your agenda

You can easily hide it with adblock. Not buying that anyone would care about Codex not looking serious enough though, so I'm calling bullshit.

I rate your post a poorly veiled butthurt detected.

Freddie

Savant
That would be interesting: Make Buttons DLC. Start everyone with the :shit: :decline: and maybe :yes: and :no: - everything else comes at a cost per year (month?)

:incline: $1
:retarded white face: $6
:smiley: $0.50
:equip the ring: I don't know, maybe $2 for non-Tolkien fans, $6 for fans
:gimme them dolla bills: $10

Also, wouldn't hurt to make purple bordered versions of the above buttons for 10x their normal cost. That is *rare* buttons.

Also, limit the number of buttons you can use per day to 10. You have to buy a season pass to use up to 100 buttons a day.

Also, the codex shouldn't stop collecting to buy body parts for folks once some guy gets a liver. Collect donations all the time. That way the Codex can buy organs when they are on sale so when you need them, you don't have to pay full price.
"Hey, Codex, I need a liver! Help!"
DU: What size do you need? We have 6!
Might be worth awhile to implement some sort of packs which give sort of things like custom CSS, custom backgrounds and perhaps sometimes even a rating button. Then tie these packs to some sort of lottery mechanic where Codexers don't purchase buttons directly but packs with random contents.

Purchasing these lottery packs couldn't be done via real world currency. Instead real world currency could be used to buy Codex Credits...Trolls?, well fuck it, Codex Troll Points (CTP). For something like say 10 € Codexer gets 400 CTP, and packs would cost something like 500 CTP. Of course it would be only fair if package contents would be completely random, so Codexer might get same wallpaper, custom style or button numerous times. Just imagine the fun and exictment when Codexer with 20 agree buttons once more tries his luck to get disagree button.

I really like your button themes idea and would add seasonal packs and of course during the season only those whom have seasonal pack buttons can use theirs. Oh, the possibilities.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Also stupid elitism from old fags that barely come by anymore. Haven't seen Scrooge post even if she was constantly complaining about buttons.

Also stupid elitism from old fags that barely come by anymore. Haven't seen Scrooge post even if she was constantly complaining about buttons.
buttons breathed new life into the codex for me. so many tards came over that we have no problem with the amount of posters, only the quality. and buttons lower the amount of low quality shitposts and are a great way to make the low iq lose their shit over nothing.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
buttons breathed new life into the codex for me. so many tards came over that we have no problem with the amount of posters, only the quality. and buttons lower the amount of low quality shitposts and are a great way to make the low iq lose their shit over nothing.
It does separate the good old school shitposters from the modern paper skinned faggots. Also some of them are pretty useful when there is no need to write a whole post in respond,like agree or informative.

except for the people who get butthurt about negative ratings and then go on a rating spree because they are butthurt but 'nobody cares about the negative ratings' because you people like to redefine reality to suit your agenda

Okay, but shouldn't those people like the buttons? They can abuse them to take revenge to anyone that triggered them. I bet using an algorithm to downvote someone's entire posting history feels more cathartic than a shitpost in their profile page.

You can easily hide it with adblock. Not buying that anyone would care about Codex not looking serious enough though, so I'm calling bullshit.

I rate your post a poorly veiled butthurt detected.

I don't think I would mind them much if they weren't so overused, but seeing every second post with 3 funny, 3 creative, 2 it is a mystery and 1 Merry Christmas got old eventually.

Last edited:

I bet using an algorithm to downvote someone's entire posting history feels more cathartic than a shitpost in their profile page.
lol, you're now you're implying that algorithms are the reason people rate your retarded posts retarded. It's cute.
I don't think I would mind them much if they weren't so overused
Again, you can hide it with adblock. No excuse.

You're just butthurt when people rate your posts negatively. Admit it.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Should've realized this place has no redeeming quality months ago. Even the lack of moderation that means you -could- get really good blowout heated arguments over interesting shit is wasted, cause you're all too busy proving how cool you are by not caring about anything - except, of course, the desperate desire that everyone think you're cool for not caring about anything. I noted that as the common defining characteristic of the typical Codexer in my last big argument on this board, actually... should've left then.
Goodbye hello friend.

Swigen

Arbiter
I don’t think you’re retarded Mr. Gutsfuck, Mayhem is an excellent band.

brofistcover.jpg

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I am deeply hurt by this action. Your feelings towards me have invalidated my sense of self. I am lost and know not what to do.

This is the hurt your careless rating has given me. Clearly the only course of action is to remove buttons, thus clearing your retardred rating and improving my feelings.

Yes, I shall remove buttons again and feel better.
rating_negativeman.png
rating_negativeman.png
rating_negativeman.png

If you restore our button ratings, we'll be able to give Nano the negative ratings he has unequivocally earned, not only for his stupidity in causing you to remove button ratings again but also for his cowardice in refusing the means of returning button ratings to the Codex.

For the love of raptors and parrots! :M+M:M:philosoraptor:+M:M+M

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The key to making the Codex great: prosperize everyone who voted for buttons, enable buttons only in the Prosperium.

Cael

Arcane
*looks at all the glorious butthurt*

DU once again proves himself to be a true Aussie. The trolling is well done. Larrikin streak shines through. Epic.

:hero:

Cael

Arcane
See.

If we had the AwesomeButton, I would rate your post as shit, or you would rate my answer as butthurt, and all would be good.

But now we need to shitpost all the place.
I don't use the ratings. Posts I have rated: 0

giphy.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom