Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Jinn

Arcane
Looks so charming, but isn't it super easy?

No, it is not at all easy with the Draconian Quest "Strong Monsters" in use. It's one of the most rewarding and challenging JRPGs ever released. Where did you get the impression that it was super easy?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Thanks for the info. I played a lot of IF in the past.
Looking at your last screenshot I see that the "i" in "poised" is misaligned.
In general I found that these little imperfections tend to disappear when using high dpi monitors. I think also some quality is gained if the font/rendering supports ligatures and context variable word/letter spacing (such as in latex). I think there was a big improvement in recent years in modern OSes for these aspects.

I don’t know about the i. Charter has some little quirks like that, which give it personality. You can see it there:

340px-Bitstream_Charter_spec.svg.png

It is also perfectly possible that you are right: MacType isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution and requires some tweaking, if only for choosing between the various profiles. That said, if it is really wrong, don’t ruin it for me because then I will bug me all the time. :D

Viata

Arcane
Looks so charming, but isn't it super easy?

No, it is not at all easy with the Draconian Quest "Strong Monsters" in use. It's one of the most rewarding and challenging JRPGs ever released. Where did you get the impression that it was super easy?

Reviews, forums, etc.
If not using the Draconian Quest, the game is quite easy. But that is the same for all JRPG, so can't blame this game for this. Now, with Draconian Quest(which is the right way to play this game) things gets truly better.

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
MRVAQzf.jpg

Death Rally, the first game from Remedy, I remember playing the shareware version back then, and it's still fun for a few hours:

37BNvzA.jpg

Choosing the best pilot :cool:

ar0ZvWf.jpg

2J11cx3.jpg

ukjsIIK.jpg

In between races you can improve the engine, tires and armor of the car, and buy a few bonuses, like sabotaging an opponent's car.

Xe5xqMg.jpg

OeJz3VW.jpg

That's what you get for shooting up my ride :cool:

Z5oPd2f.jpg

The goal of the game is to gain points in each race, in order to become first on the rankings, and then challenging the final boss, who cheats by using a more powerful car than anything you can get :argh:

2sDSJht.jpg

TTaMk2z.jpg

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
aH3Lbz1.jpg

Koudelka, 1999 JRPG with a horror setting. Things I like:
  1. The voice acting is really nice.
  2. Fixed camera angles, like in Resident Evil.
  3. The writing so far is interesting and non-animu. It would appear "dark" or "edgy" is apparently the one setting where JRPGs throw their animu tropes out of the window, a big positive.
  4. You can distribute points upon leveling up.
  5. Equipment appears to make a big difference.
  6. Koudelka (main character, the chick) is really hot.
  7. The game is really nicely animated during conversations. For instance, if a character gives something to the player, you will actually see the character giving it to the player (as opposed to a random "here, have this" -> "Potion received").
Things I don't like:
  1. Battles are slow.
  2. The battle music gets repetitive. No "victory fanfare" upon winning.
  3. You don't even get to see your EXP gain upon winning. This is basic game design: you show EXP gains so that the player feels good, even if it is ultimately pointless.
  4. No tank controls. I got too used to them with Resident Evil.
  5. Fade out/fade in transitions as opposed to seamless transitions from Resident Evil when going from one background to another in the same scene.
  6. The map interface is interesting in presentation but it is a mess which makes it hard to understand where you are standing at.
  7. Not enough panty shots of Koudelka.
  8. Though cinematic in nature it doesn't make use of camera angles at all during conversations.

Last edited:
MRVAQzf.jpg

Death Rally, the first game from Remedy, I remember playing the shareware version back then, and it's still fun for a few hours:

37BNvzA.jpg

Choosing the best pilot :cool:

ar0ZvWf.jpg

2J11cx3.jpg

ukjsIIK.jpg

In between races you can improve the engine, tires and armor of the car, and buy a few bonuses, like sabotaging an opponent's car.

Xe5xqMg.jpg

OeJz3VW.jpg

That's what you get for shooting up my ride :cool:

Z5oPd2f.jpg

The goal of the game is to gain points in each race, in order to become first on the rankings, and then challenging the final boss, who cheats by using a more powerful car than anything you can get :argh:

2sDSJht.jpg

TTaMk2z.jpg

One of my favorite games from childhood. I never played the full version until it became abandonware, though.

Last time I took Death Rally for a spin I was a bit disappointed in how much worse the rubberbanding was than I remembered.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Won as Jews against Romans in an online match

196223.jpg

Was a hard fought victory. We were neck and neck until about 40% when I started to pull ahead.

196226.jpg

The front of the battle shifted about 90 degrees throughout the course of the match, since my Jews managed to punch through the center of the Roman line, but my right flank fell apart as it was mostly Rebel Spearmen who are easily outmatched by the Roman troops. Luckily I had kept some Jew fanatics in reserve so I sent them to reinforce that flank, and their superior morale meant they could keep 2 or even 3 roman units at bay for quite a while, as the bulk of my forces continued to tear up his middle. I put almost all of my archers on my left flank, on a hill, and that successfully kept most of his cavalry at bay so I never had to worry about an attack from the rear.

196222.jpg

196225.jpg

196227.jpg

196228.jpg

Last edited:

Martyr

Arcane
first time playing Daggerfall Unity. it's so beautiful *_* I can see the landscape in the distance!

EL6Ks8i.png

YmD7jVs.png

2C9FTn1.png

but I don't think all those blue areas are supposed to be water, because there are so many of them and I can just walk straight across most of them without having to swim.
A5oGzFQ.png

fYB7mqA.png

JDR13

Arcane
but I don't think all those blue areas are supposed to be water, because there are so many of them and I can just walk straight across most of them without having to swim.

Stuff like that is why I'll wait until it's completely finished before trying it.

Martyr

Arcane

Stuff like that is why I'll wait until it's completely finished before trying it.

yeah, I've been waiting for DU to be finished too. but right now I have to use my girlfriends laptop because my computer needs repairing and I thought this would be a nice chance to finally check out DU.
being able to see the landscape is such a small change but it puts an entirely new perspective to this game and really shows you how vast the gameworld is.

JDR13

Arcane
yeah, I've been waiting for DU to be finished too. but right now I have to use my girlfriends laptop because my computer needs repairing and I thought this would be a nice chance to finally check out DU.
being able to see the landscape is such a small change but it puts an entirely new perspective to this game and really shows you how vast the gameworld is.

Did they really increase the view distance that much? To me, it doesn't look much different from the original game from a visual standpoint.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom