Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Grimoire Now Available On Itch.Io - With Steam Key!!

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Grimoire is one of the best looking games on Itch.io this month, I was proud to finally get it up on the Indie paradise.

Grimoire at Itch.io!!

First 1000 purchases with Steam Account linked to their Itch.io account will get free Steam keys issued to them for their Steam library.

UPDATE : Now supports PayPal transactions!

Last edited:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Nice!

BTW Cleve did you learn about itch.io only because I mentioned it in the GOG rejection thread?

Itch.io was second on my list of venues to put Grimoire on after Steam. I am still having trouble believing GOG at #1 didn't publish the game, they were bugging me year round since 2012 when I first did the IndieGoGo campaign. I thought I could just phone it in and it would be up there.

I love Itch.io for the game assets, I buy some artwork up there almost every day. I frequently go through the new stuff to see if there is anything fun. That's how I found that Lovecraft Adventure. You have to wade through a lot of slow starts but once in a while there are really good games up there.

Deleted Member 16721

Will buy the DRM-free itch.io version as well as the Steam version when I'm ready to delve in properly to the massive incline. Thanks for releasing a DRM-free version Cleve. Nice to have both options.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks for putting up a non-Steam version, Cleve!

Shame about gog. Just so you know, Grimoire now has more votes on the gog community wishlist than Opus Magnum, which was famously the game that caused so much uproar among the gog community when it was rejected that gog caved in and released it a few weeks later. I have little hope they will reconsider their stance on Grimoire, though. Just today, their moronic staff locked the corresponding forum thread. They seem determined to keep Grimoire off their platform.

Oh well, there's an alternative now. Who needs gog, anyway?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
!stealthsjw.jpg
Thanks for putting up a non-Steam version, Cleve!

Shame about gog. Just so you know, Grimoire now has more votes on the gog community wishlist than Opus Magnum, which was famously the game that caused so much uproar among the gog community when it was rejected that gog caved in and released it a few weeks later. I have little hope they will reconsider their stance on Grimoire, though. Just today, their moronic staff locked the corresponding forum thread. They seem determined to keep Grimoire off their platform.

Oh well, there's an alternative now. Who needs gog, anyway?

All through the modern world, people turn down money in order to promote their raging Bolshevist agenda. Hollywood makes movies that it knows are going to bomb at the box office after costing a 100 million dollars just for the sake of infiltrating their propaganda into the mainstream.

The real scandal of Gamergate was the discovery that game journalists behind the scenes were like some nightmarish figures out of a John Birch society communist paranoid feverdream. None of them cares much about games at all. Then people began to say they met in private online to plan their secret Trotskyist agenda and they were all in on it. As they were scoffing and smirking, somebody discovered the Game Journos Pro list and sure enough, the fantastic stories of conspiracy were all true.

Once GOG got profitable off games LIKE Grimoire, it can now afford to completely ignore public opinion and gamer demands and only put up games about gay dwarfs having penile implants, because progress. Once the money comes, they all flow in like locusts to profit and to pursue their incredibly strange and weird Comintern world plot. The creepy, slimy factor starts to flow into all their dealings. They have to work harder and harder to keep up the face of "groovy hip old skool aficionado just like you."

I have decided that GOG is unfit to carry Grimoire, being a stronghold for LGBT mafia with pink hair and tattoos and multiple piercings. Shall incline be coupled with decline? Shall light be coupled with darkness? Shall the clean be coupled with the unclean?

Grimoire is a niche RPG intended for connoisseurs of old style turn based roleplaying games, not a tool for world oppression by the NWO. GOG is shut off and does not have the option of publishing Grimoire in the future, even if they beg me. They can gnash their teeth in the outer darkness.

Last edited:

Barbalos

Savant
I've never bought anything from itch.io before, so I'm a little unsure about something. If the game has updates in the future, would itch.io host the new updates too? How does that work exactly?

LootSeeker

Educated
I never bought a game on itch.io either. Although I've been thinking about trying out this one: https://oklabsoft.itch.io/lurking along with buying Grimoire. Anyway it's awesome to see Grimoire there since apparently GOG is too fucken stupid to carry it. Grimoire's rejection will likely come to mind every time I see some new fruity release on GOG that had no problem sliding through their ridiculous curation process.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Will buy the DRM-free itch.io version as well as the Steam version when I'm ready to delve in properly to the massive incline. Thanks for releasing a DRM-free version Cleve. Nice to have both options.

The Steam version also is drm free as far as i recall.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I've never bought anything from itch.io before, so I'm a little unsure about something. If the game has updates in the future, would itch.io host the new updates too? How does that work exactly?

You get a notification when it is updated and you can download the new version from your library. Spent about a week setting up a pipeline that builds a new installer the second the game is compiled to Release instead of debug. Just uploads that to Steam with a single click and then Itch.io with a single click.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
And so, after several decades of hearing about that most fabled of games, I finally have Grimoire installed on my machine.
I must admit I never thought it would happen. But it's nice to be wrong about the right things.

Funposter

Arcane
More platforms hosting the game is always a great thing, especially for something like Grimoire where having a DRM-free copy is important for the target audience. Wish you all the best, Cleve.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
More platforms hosting the game is always a great thing, especially for something like Grimoire where having a DRM-free copy is important for the target audience. Wish you all the best, Cleve.

Thanks. It feels really good knowing it has truly escaped out into the world now. I like the idea of anybody who enjoyed Wizardry (6-7) discovering it and really having fun after the 27 year drought of no decent Wizardry and about a 20 year drought of decent blobbers. I wish I was surfing on Itch.io and just discovering Grimoire out of the blue right now, it would be awesome to play without knowing anything about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom