Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Wunderbar

Arcane
Warhorse community manager sort-of answered.

For clarification: Tobias answered the question - if there's going to be a DLC "finishing the story of KCD". He stated NO, as the DLC's are side injections into the game. Kingdom Come: Deliverance is finished as it is, even though there is a cliffhanger.
it is still not clear whether Henry is going to be KC2 protagonist or not.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Yeah Tobi confirmed he was only answering question if DLC will continue Henry's story, to which the answer is no. Nothing about a sequel at all.

SlamDunk

Arcane
So this has nothing to do with KCD2. Cancel the red alert.
9dbfbb3d895b3db929ce30c471a6addb.gif

I knew the "news" would cause a shitstorm.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I wouldn't be against if they ditched Henry's story and move to a new protagonist directly in the Hussite wars. Henry's cameos wouldn't hurt but I don't insist I play as the same character in KCD2.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Interview with co-founder and executive producer Martin Klíma about the THQ acquisition, in czech

https://video.aktualne.cz/dvtv/prodej-warhorse-budeme-dal-delat-hry-jsme-zvykli-na-svobodu

It is pretty informative.

Some highlights:
  • the sale was agreed upon by all three owners, of course the majority investor Bakala did not want to keep funding a gaming studio longterm (he already did for 7 years) and was looking for return on his investment, so this was the best opportunity

• they have very clear understanding with THQ Nordic that they were bought to do what they do - make games with their own creative control. He does not deny that as a legal owner, THQ Nordic can, if they wanted, influence Warhorse - but says that THQ bought them precisely because they are already successful, and they have no interest in messing that up

• he kind of indirectly vaguely spills the beans on Kingdom Come 2 being their next project eventhough he says it is too early to comment, it was pretty funny moment in the interview (very sneaky from the interviewer)

• he confirms they want to staff up more, find around 30 more people - programmers, animators, scripters, artists..

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
From Klima's interview:

- "What will be THQ's influence on your creative process? What if you decided that KCD2 will be a battle royale from space? Would THQ stop you?"
- "Well I can't say yet what KCD2 will be be about...uh...if it happens at all....I was.... *nervously drinks water*...not supposed to comment on that."
- *moderator grinning*

:lol:

Nas92

Augur
It's pretty shitty that they decided not to continue the unfinished Henry storyline, but really, it was inevitable. They probably want to do the Hussite Wars already, tbh I don't understand why they didn't start out with that in the first place.

Paul_cz

Arcane
It's pretty shitty that they decided not to continue the unfinished Henry storyline, but really, it was inevitable. They probably want to do the Hussite Wars already, tbh I don't understand why they didn't start out with that in the first place.
Stop spreading fake news
And they addressed why they did not want to start with Hussite Wars - it was such a monumental, mass event that doing it justice would take insane amount of work and money and for their first project they wanted a smaller scale conflict.

ZoddGuts

Augur
Aren't the Hussite Wars 15 years later? Henry could play a role in it, he'll be older (mid thirties), don't see why he can't be involved.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hey guise, guise listen, I've heard Henry isn't coming back. Also I haven't read the previous 10 comments because I just came here to breathlessly tell you these shocking news.

Nas92

Augur
Sorry for spreading fake news. Should have read the updates.

Aren't the Hussite Wars 15 years later? Henry could play a role in it, he'll be older (mid thirties), don't see why he can't be involved.
Since the Henry storyline has been essentially cut in half it would be strange if the next KC game does not immediately get down to resolving that. That basically makes it impossible to set the next game during the Hussite Wars.

Smejki What's going on with the fixes for 1.8.1? It has some ridiculous bugs, like the one where the enemies don't attack. If you go to the Bugs subforum on Warhorse website, there is a huge thread about this, but nothing's been announced. The game is essentially unplayable with this for over a week, an update would be really nice.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Smejki What's going on with the fixes for 1.8.1? It has some ridiculous bugs, like the one where the enemies don't attack. If you go to the Bugs subforum on Warhorse website, there is a huge thread about this, but nothing's been announced. The game is essentially unplayable with this for over a week, an update would be really nice.
Our guys have been looking into it for several days already. Fix will come for sure. That's all I am able to say now.

Last edited:

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Anybody know if the team ever commented on Witcher 3's RedEngine vs. CryEngine or why they didn't try to use that instead?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom